• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about writing letters...

raidermatt

Be water, my friend.
I just returned from a WDW trip and am going to write a letter to Disney complementing several CMs.

My question is, does anyone know if it makes a difference if I write one letter mentioning each CM (about 5), or if writing a separate letter for each would somehow be more beneficial to the CMs?

By the way, the CMs are:

Chris - Pecos Bill's
Jon - Tower of Terror / Fantasmic
Giorgia and Marco - Alfredo di Roma
Vinnie - Crystal Palace
"unknown" - A HM CM who was working at the end of an Enight, but I couldn't read his nametag.

Thanks!

I wrote 1 letter a while ago commending several CM's. Safari Steve posted that my letter was published in the WDW newletter CM's receive. Based on my experience, I don't think it really matters. They do read them.

Letters always make a difference. Email or calling really doesn't have the impact of a letter. I personally wouldn't write five letters when one would do. Companies make copies of the letter, send it to their managers then place it in the personel file for each person mentioned. It is done all the time.

It really doesn't make a difference if you send them individually or as a group. Letters will be copied and forwarded to each named individual's management. What is best is if you have enough identifying details (Name, hometown, day and time working, location) to track down the CM. Lots of CMs have the same name but with the other info it becomes more clear. Please list specific details as to what the CM did, it has more impact that a "so-and-so" was great.

TJ Munk

Do you ever hear back when you send a comp letter? I sent a comp letter for Belle back in early May - hard copy and email - with dates, times and pictures so they could track down the right CM. I never heard anything and wondered if I wasted my time and if the CM was ever aware of the compliment?

Great question, raidermatt. We just got back from our Disney wedding and honeymoon, and I have a bunch of CM's I would like to receognize, too. I haven't decided yet if I will write one letter for all, or one for each.

Either way, where woudl we send these letters? Is there a central person/department to contact? Address?

Thanks,
Tracy

I'd like to know that address, too! We had some great CM experiences on this last vacation!

I also wrote about Belle at CRT breakfast from October 2002. I wrote the letter immediately upon returning home. I had the date, location and even included a picture of "Belle" with my daughter. Belle went out of her way to spend a great deal of time with us and made my 2 1/2 yo feel like she was the only princess in the castly.
I never heard anything from WDW and wonder if they even received the letter.

I wrote a letter to Matt Ouimet, the head honcho for DCL. I mentioned 3 specific CM's and I got a response. They thanked me for writing the letter and told me that the CM's I mentioned will not go unnoticed. What ever that means! I just figured that they probably get so many complaint letters that a nice one might catch their eye!:rolleyes:

I would send seperate letters. The best thing that management could do with such letters is put them in the employee's file, and it could be helpful during performance reviews. I used to work in HR for an oil company. I myself would not copy a letter with several other employees names and place it in their files due to confidentiality. Each employee has the right to see their files so that would allow them to see information about another employee. In such a case, I would probably just ignore the letters. I couldn't just place a note that such a letter had been received because the employee could demand to see the original.
If you really want to help, please send seperate letters.

It was mentioned in a post that a letter is better than email, can't agree with that because we just emailed a letter about a driver going beyond the call of duty and we got a PHONE CALL back from Disney. We mentioned the drivers name, his bus number, the time of occurance and what took place. The phone call came 4 days after we emailed it. So I would say send the letter any way you want just be in depth about details.

What was the email address that you sent it to? We have 2 cm's from our June trip that we want to mention.

Thanks!

Originally posted by John VN
The site my wife used was www.disneyworld.com then scroll to bottom and click on guest services

That's good to know. I have never gotten a reply to my emails about CMs either. I sent them to another address but I can't rememberwhat right now.

I mailed our thank you to the cast of the Hunchback Show to....

WALT DISNEY WORLD
P.O. Box 10100
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0100

I know in my work area (Epcot Entertainment) all the letters (and e-mails) would be read by the General Manager of the park, the passed on to the managers of Entertainment. We had a big bulletin board where all of the letters we received from guests or from each other (we could recognize each other for outstanding service) were posted. It was such a pick me up to see them each morning as you arrived at work.

Tiffany

I had written an email a few years ago thru the website and asked in the email for a confirmation of the email "to assure that the cm was recognized". I received a wonderful email in response, assuring me that the wonderful words I had for the cm were forwarded to her manager and that the letter was put in her folder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter