Question about Universal APs

OK got a response today and they did a one time exception to extend my pass 3 months.

So to recap - I had a 3 park explorer and upgraded to a 2-park seasonal pass 2 and a half weeks ago
I emailed them on Friday and they extended my seasonal 3 month without issue

With the added caveat that the person you dealt with made an exception. That doesn't mean others will be able to/willing to make the same exception, so YMMV. I imagine the more people requesting it, the tighter they will clamp down. This based on my years in Customer Service, reps can have access to "extras" only when asked for them, but there comes a point when those extras are taken away and can't be offered anymore.

We are going to Orlando for our Spring break in March this year and have gone back and forth over which set of parks to visit. We’ve been to all of them many times .We discussed a no theme parks but Discovery Cove and Aquatica option, and a Disney Parks only option. With this annual pass promo, I think Universal will be the clear winner. We love Universal and the kids (14 and 21) will be surprised and excited to open up annual passes on Christmas morning. They love Disney too but prefer Universal. We will be able to get two trips out of the passes as well.
I think I will get three seasonal and one preferred pass for the free parking and food discounts.

Does it say anywhere when this promotion expires? We do have a trip to Disney planned for next July, but may cancel and go with Universal instead. I just wasn't sure how long I have to decide?

The web site says to purchase and activate by 04/04/19. We will be down there in December for a few days before a cruise and we have tickets as part of a package deal. When I saw this special offer, I started considering trading up. I guess I will find out, in a couple of months, what they will be offering.

So I went on the website this morning to find that they have totally redesigned their AP website interface. The thing that is really throwing me off though, is that for the 3 park FL resident passes, it is $10-$20 cheaper if you purchase with flexpay? I cannot figure out why this would be. Is there any drawback to using flexpay that I am not aware of? Also, there is no mention of extra 3-6 months when you go to buy the passes. Now I'm confused...

So I went on the website this morning to find that they have totally redesigned their AP website interface. The thing that is really throwing me off though, is that for the 3 park FL resident passes, it is $10-$20 cheaper if you purchase with flexpay? I cannot figure out why this would be. Is there any drawback to using flexpay that I am not aware of? Also, there is no mention of extra 3-6 months when you go to buy the passes. Now I'm confused...

No difference with the 2 park passes though, which is weird, so it must have something to do with Volcano Bay. Give them a call and see what is going on.

No difference with the 2 park passes though, which is weird, so it must have something to do with Volcano Bay. Give them a call and see what is going on.

I’m interested in this as well, looks like the prices have been lowered back down to the prices before they announced the 3 or 6month extra promo.

I called and they said their website has been having issues recently, the lower price for the flexpay is wrong. But for now that is the price. Only concern with the flexpay is you don't get discount when renewing.

I tried purchasing the 2pk seasonal ap this morning and it offered the 3 mo. free for $1219 w/o tax for four of us. The website was so messed up I could not complete the purchase. When I went on after work to order them the site was still messed up, kept taking me to purchase daily tickets instead of ap. When I finally was able to purchase the 2pk seasonal annual passes the 3 mo offer wasn't showing up and the price was reduced to $1139.96 not including tax for the four of us. By the time I was able to complete my purchase the call center was closed. I am going to call tomorrow but am assuming I did not receive the 3 month free offer. I wonder if they will honor it since I paid a reduced price.

I tried purchasing the 2pk seasonal ap this morning and it offered the 3 mo. free for $1219 w/o tax for four of us. The website was so messed up I could not complete the purchase. When I went on after work to order them the site was still messed up, kept taking me to purchase daily tickets instead of ap. When I finally was able to purchase the 2pk s
Really?? I was wondering why it didn't say anything about it. I really hope that isn't the case since we were going to buy ours tomorrow...

I tried purchasing the 2pk seasonal ap this morning and it offered the 3 mo. free for $1219 w/o tax for four of us. The website was so messed up I could not complete the purchase. When I went on after work to order them the site was still messed up, kept taking me to purchase daily tickets instead of ap. When I finally was able to purchase the 2pk seasonal annual passes the 3 mo offer wasn't showing up and the price was reduced to $1139.96 not including tax for the four of us. By the time I was able to complete my purchase the call center was closed. I am going to call tomorrow but am assuming I did not receive the 3 month free offer. I wonder if they will honor it since I paid a reduced price.
If you find out what happened, can you please share.

If you find out what happened, can you please share.
I just got off the phone with the ticket office and she opened up each pass and it did NOT reflect the 3 month promotion. She contacted the IT department and they are manually adding the promotion to each pass. They did not charge me anything extra. I am going to call back in a few days just to make sure that it was taken care of.

I just got off the phone with the ticket office and she opened up each pass and it did NOT reflect the 3 month promotion. She contacted the IT department and they are manually adding the promotion to each pass. They did not charge me anything extra. I am going to call back in a few days just to make sure that it was taken care of.
Ok at least theyre adding it for you. I understand they are trying to modify their website but they shouldn't be removing a promotion especially when it's right on the home page

Can some body tell me when the promotion started, as I upgraded my tickets at the end of last June to a power pass.
I may try to email & see if they will add the 3 months, but only if the promotion started before my upgrade.
It's worth a short do you think

Since it has been about 3 months since you upgraded your tickets, I have no idea if they will do the additional 3 months.

But, you won't know until you contact them.

Let us know if you were successful.
Wish you luck!

Can some body tell me when the promotion started, as I upgraded my tickets at the end of last June to a power pass.
I may try to email & see if they will add the 3 months, but only if the promotion started before my upgrade.
It's worth a short do you think

They just started this promotion last week, I do believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter