Question about GAC/stroller as wheelchair

muldey

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! I was wondering about using a double stroller for my dd and ds.Ds's cardiologist wants us to use the stroller as a wheelchair,and have the GAC stamped for that.Can I use a double stroller?My dd is almost 7yo and will need one,so I wanted to use a double so I only have to keep track of one stroller instead of 2.The stroller I will use is a side by side,a Maclaren so it fits through standard doorways.Anyone know if we can do this?Thanks!!

I believe other people have used double strollers before, but I'm not sure. You may actually be better off with 2 strollers, though. For example, there may be times when one of the children needs a rest (or a bathroom stop) and the other doesn't. With 2 strollers, you could split up and both would have a stroller.

Some of the lines are sort of narrow, but as long as the double stroller is no wider than a wheelchair (in general, no wider than 36 inches), you will fit.

I have used a double stroller with a GAC. this was last year, and the GAC was NOT issued at the parks, it was from GKTW village.
when we go next time, DD will have her own, youngest will have to walk.
DD is 10 and her stamina is such that if she had to walk, we could not go. she is also a heart kid. born with a CHD. if you have question about a heart kid at disney and what she could do- she is 40 lbs and 46 inches tall- PM me and I can let you know how we did things and what rides she did.

anne

We just got back- used that stamp and it worked out BEAUTIFULLY. No questions asked, ever. I thought it was kind of obvious that it was a wheelchair (its a Convaid Convertable) but they let us roll right up to the rides with it and plop her in.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. We had tons of fun and I am sorry it is over

I miss my :mickeybar

what exactly does this mean?

you push the stroller onto the ride?
and what if the ride doessnt accomidate it ?

joannelee217 said:
what exactly does this mean?

you push the stroller onto the ride?
and what if the ride doessnt accomidate it ?

You know those "NO STROLLER" signs? Well they stop applying to you :rolleyes: The stroller becomes a wheelchair and is allowed everywhere a wheelchair can go. You could push the stroller onto a few of the rides (depends on the stroller) and if the ride doesn't accommodate it then you park the stroller at the designated spot and take the child out. When we were going to transfer her, we had to tell them that we needed to get as close as possible because she cant stand unassissted. Otherwise we would have had to park the stroller off to the side.

Forevryoung said:
You know those "NO STROLLER" signs? Well they stop applying to you :rolleyes: The stroller becomes a wheelchair and is allowed everywhere a wheelchair can go. You could push the stroller onto a few of the rides (depends on the stroller) and if the ride doesn't accommodate it then you park the stroller at the designated spot and take the child out. When we were going to transfer her, we had to tell them that we needed to get as close as possible because she cant stand unassissted. Otherwise we would have had to park the stroller off to the side.
That's pretty much it.::yes::

All the lines are either wheelchair accessible or have accomidations for wheelchair accessibility. So, the correct GAC (Guest Assistance Card) allows the stroller to use the wheelchair entrances.
For shows, you would be able to bring the stroller in and park in one of the wheelchair spots. For rides, you can bring the stroller into the boarding area if you need to or park the stroller at the wheelchair parking area which would be close to the boarding area.
On a few rides (like the Steamboat or the train at MK), you can drive the stroller right on to the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter