Quarantine and chill and kindness chatty clubhouse: Jump in and join the conversation! All is welcome!

Kirby, I'm so glad ypur fever is gone today. I really hope you're feeling much better soon.

And I just found out today that Netflix is discontinuing the show on Dec 24. Argh! There is no way I can see it all. I guess I'll watch what I can.
OmG....What?!?! NOOOO!! I just started rewatching during the last couple of month and I'm just barely into Season also. Oh man....I'm so sad. I love that show.

Good morning.

@Kirby, I‘v had those same problems with fried food. It’s sad.

We’ve never watched West Wing but thought we might on Netflix. I guess not. But we did get three movie recommendations to watch. DH falls asleep when we try to watch tv.

Want to get to the post office and Home Depot today. And start Christmas decorating.

Just back from grocery shopping. Aldi's was practically empty of customers, Walmart wasn't crowded either. Noone at the deli, noone at the bakery, noone in the meat dept (customers I mean), and I walked right up to an empty register, lol. Got everything on my list, and got out of there. Sun is shining and it's 53 degrees. As soon as I finish putting stuff away, I am going to clean and decorate both bathrooms. Have a nice Saturday everyone!

Good afternoon.

We got to the post office so I could get Christmas stamps. Then went to Home Depot for a variety of things we needed. While there we saw a 5.8 cubic ft upright freezer for $228. Seemed like a great deal and our freezer is 36 years old. (We bought it with wedding gift money.) We were in the Accord so went home, got the CRV, and impulse bought a freezer. I'll use both (neither are huge) until after the pandemic then retire the old one.

I got my card list in order and printed labels.

DH and I got some of the decorations out of the attic. Got the Points of Light on the front of the house. Creche box is near where it goes but still in the box. I wanted an Advent wreath by church tomorrow. I thought I had an old one but couldn't find one. I am not crafty but made this out of a plastic plate, some old artificial florals, and candles I found.

And I did laundry and watched a Hallmark movie. Now left over turkey for dinner then maybe a Netflix movie tonight.

@Kirby my heart is broken :sad1:

I'm going to have to buy The West Wing on bluray or dvd or digital now. It's my 'I want to watch something comforting that I don't have to think about because I have seen it so many times and I love it' show.

Went to Starbucks this morning and they didn't put the vanilla in my vanilla sweet cream cold brew. Didn't notice until I was on my way to the post office to pick up a package, so I couldn't have my coffee until I got home and added some vanilla creamer then (didn't have time to go back for a fix, as I had another place to be right after the p.o. and I was running late). :drive::coffee: I did make it home and fixed my coffee up, in the end.

I'm rewatching season 2 of The Crown (I haven't watched s3 or s4 yet...I sort of lost track after s2 and needed a refresher before I go on.

Carol, does your church keep an Advent wreath outside somewhere? If so that is awesome. I love your effort At my church we just have the candles in the Sanctuary. 4+ The Christ candle. I loved last week how your pastor showed how to make homemade Advent candles. Glad you got a good freezer deal.

B&B, I hope you did finally enjoy your coffee:coffee:

Happy Saturday. I love that some of you have started your Christmas decorating. I tried to get Dh to put the Christmas lights up outside after we got back from doing some running around but he fell asleep on the couch as soon as we got home...him and the dogs are still napping. :laughing:

I bought a couple gifts today....got DD a sweater at a friend's new shop and ordered a couple things online for my niece. I also bought myself a shirt at my friends shop that says "Merry and Bright". I'll try and take a picture to share later because I just realized I left it in the car.

Tomorrow, for sure, we'll do lights outside and I'll put all the fall stuff away. I'll need to clean and dust before I bring out the Christmas stuff. Living in the desert, you would not believe all the dust we always have....I just dusted on Thursday morning and it's crazy how much dust there already is on every thing.

@lynxstch, I can't imagine walking up to a empty checkout at Walmart!

I'm hoping that Amazon Prime picks up The West Wing.

Feeling so so today, not bad, not great. I spent a good part of the day wrapping Christmas presents a little at a time. So glad it's all done except for a few stragglers. I even organized my stocking stuffers into baggies for each person. Since the kids came along I can't fill the stockings as I go.

I am wore out! Didn't get to bed until 2:30 am and then didn't sleep well. Up at 7:00 am and then doing stuff all day to keep from taking a nap so maybe I can get some good shut eye tonight.

I'm working on getting my Christmas cards ordered, have pictures of everyone but DH and I. I order them through Costco and have been very satisfied. Once I get them made I'll share one with you.

QOTD :Black Friday shopping.

Did some virtual shopping but it never turned into a brick and mortar reality, LOL. Was useful since I was able to find gifts for others as well as me. My youngest nephew and wife just bought a house in L.A. so purchased an OXO manual food mill, set of same brand air tight food containers, Braun coffee mill which they’ll use as a spice grinder, and a manual pasta machine. They are also getting a gift card from the Spice House to replenish their pantry and that should suffice for a housewarming and Christmas gift. Some were on sale, other gifts not.

Bought myself a replacement meat carving blade for my electric knife set, and a pastry blade for my Cuisinart food processor. Thought about buying a secondary bowl but decided that washing it after each use made more sense for this kitchen.
Am coveting a new traveling coat but need to wait longer for a better price or maybe just make it myself and then no need to compromise on any features.

DGD wants a pair of low heeled thigh high stretch suede boots but I told her father they cost too much for someone with growing feet...sigh. I am sure to see a long sullen face behind this comment since I have a pair and I’m obviously trying to “deprive” her. Oh and she’s trying to convince her parents she needs her nose pierced too. And they are thinking of conceding 🤷‍♀️; them need backbone:rolleyes:.
So I sent son a link for fake nose rings from Etsy and hope that’ll resolve the issue. Oh dear, I see the “teenage wasteland“ years have begun in earnest. My sons know the song “veddy” well as I spent much time of their growing years humming it off key on purpose, LOL

This was the palliative that kept me from “keeling” them at times:

Yes, I still recall my need for navy blue lipstick as a bizarro teen and cringe:lmao:.

Glad everyone seemed to have a nice holiday! So did I after I worked my shifts, which were super busy! Still haven’t had Round 2 of turkey dinner yet, maybe tonight. Had our dinner with just the six of us in our bubble. It felt low key and that was welcomed!

QOTD I am not a huge Black Friday shopper but I did order DD some boots which I couldn’t resist. Then yesterday I realized I ordered the wrong size after I checked her closet when she left for work, so I had to buy another pair and will return the first ones. Thankfully the price was still discounted. I’ve done a lot of my other shopping already, too. We might do the tree today. DH did the outside already. We’re getting there!

Good Sunday morning all..last Sunday of the month! Its a lovely 28 degrees outside, has gone down 3 degrees since I got up. Going to be sunny and in the 50's though. I am working on decorating. Master bath , master bedroom, and spare bedroom are all done. Working on the dining room now. Should be able to have it all done and ready to turn the lights on for Dec 1. Going to work on Christmas cards today.
A few churches here announced Friday and yesterday, that there will be no more 'in person' services for the foreseeable future. It will be online only. That is going to cancel a few of the Holiday programs and Holiday services. They would have ended up cancelling my nieces reception after all, so it's a good thing her parents decided Wednesday to postpone it till May!
Have a Blessed Sunday all!

@Breezy_Carol That manger is so beautiful, and looks so nice on your mantel over the fireplace! No wonder it's your favorite, I would be too. Is it an heirloom that you inherited or something you bought and use every year? I am envious :)

Since I had already dusted and vacuumed yesterday, and hubby slept in. I got the dining room and living room all done. Just the tree will go up tomorrow. I am going to do the kitchen later today after we go to the office and bring back all his files, and try to organize them just a little bit. I have decided I am NOT putting all my hundred + snowmen and snow decorations on top of all my cabinets. Too much work. My back is already screaming at me to stop! Just saw the weather..they say that upper PA could get up to a foot of snow and 60+ winds tomorrow into Wednesday? It had better stay up that way!
Hubby must like signing cards. His boss left a bag with 80 cards at the office for him to sign, since he won't be there for the card signing meeting. Trouble is, she only left 80 cards and there are like 240 employees, lol! Good thing that I had a lot of surplus cards in a tote. We managed to come up with a total of 198 of them, which he signed last nite and this morning. Now he took the last of my surplus cards and is sending them to each consumer at each house. I have no surplus left. Good thing that I bought new cards for this year at Hallmark online, and have 2 boxes, lol!

Last edited:
Good Morning, Dis Family!

It’s sunnier than yesterday but still cool for here this first Sunday of Advent. My favorite time of year. I did finally order an Advent Calendar on Amazon, hopefully it comes before next Sunday! My new Bible came last night! It’s: NKJV, End-of-Verse Reference Bible, Personal Size Large Print, Leathersoft, Brown, Red Letter, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, New King James Version: Thomas Nelson: 9780785233596: AmazonSmile: Books

The Bible is a little heavier than I had expected especially compared to my old very lightweight Bible. Otherwise, it is exactly what I wanted. The font size is larger than I thought which down the road will be better than it being smaller perhaps! It’s very easy to read. I’m thankful.

I started to watch A Northern Lights Christmas last night that I had recorded. I got too “cold” from all the TV Alaskan snow to keep watching it but will check out the rest later or tomorrow. I did love the two reindeer in it!

Thanks, Carol, your church truly does a wonderful job of keeping and encouraging its members to be involved. I really also loved how your newsletter invited all to contribute in different ways as well. From today, your Nativity set is beautiful! I love that it lights up, too! Reminds me that I really need to find a Nativity set. Mine would probably need to be a little smaller than yours though. Thank you for sharing!

A Merry and Bright shirt sounds very festive, AuntieMe3. I’m glad you treated yourself to it :)

Hugs, Kirby, please take care of yourself! The household stuff can wait!

Hug, NYYCgrrl, teen times can be trying for all huh? You’re a wonderful grandmother! Post plague, please let me know should you come out to visit your family here in LA, would love to meet you :)

Good to see you back, Pea :) I’m glad you had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. Shopping in general is not something I'm a big fan of! Glad you were able to get the size you needed :)

I would enjoy helping you decorate, Lynxstch! I look forward to seeing some pictures :) Sadly, that was smart of churches to cancel in person services and events :( Out here, Worship is still allowed in parking lots. I have a friend who attends her church that way each Sunday afternoon. Glad that works for some. I look forward to the safe day of truly going back inside the Sanctuary! Wow that is a ton of cards your DH had to sign! I do love that his office does that though. Cards, especially right now, to me are more important than ever.

Hugs to all and have a Blessed Sunday!

Good morning, everyone! Hope you all enjoyed Thanksgiving. I've been quiet on here, not a lot going on. I talked to my mom last night and she seems well, happy to see her brothers. The service for my aunt is today and she will be flying back home tomorrow. Her flight on friday was only half full and she had a row all to herself. I've also called my dad daily to check in on him, as long as he remembers to charge his phone, lol. He's doing fine, just annoyed at the cat mostly. She's a bengal and quite a handful-doesn't want anything to do with my dad.

My husband and I went on another of our long walks yesterday. This one was in Vacaville-Lagoon Valley Park. I've always seen the sign for it driving by on I80 but never been before. We opted to take the long hike up to the top of the hill(2.5k up and 2.5k down) to see the view. Unfortunately it was a bit hazy from smog, supposedly on a clear day you can see 5 counties from up there. It was still a beautiful view and we were proud of ourselves for making it to the top. I was surprised as there were quite a few people walking up and coming down, it must be a very popular spot. Overall that hike combined with the walk around the lagoon was approx 15k- so took us just shy of 4 hours to complete. We were definitely dragging towards the end, such beautiful weather though. The thought of having ice cream afterwards motivated us, lol. We stopped in at Fenton's, only outside dining here- we ate our sundaes on tables set up on sidewalk with a heater next to us.

QOTD- Black Friday Shopping- haven't done this in probably ten years, thankfully. My mom and I used to do it for fun but realized it really wasn't. We are casual shoppers and didn't see the point of standing in line for an hour to pick up one or two items, not worth the stress and being around all the people. Usually I take the day after Thanksgiving to sit around in my PJs, drag out all the Christmas decorations and put them up. I've said I'm not taking them out this year and I haven't. I will start to listen to my Christmas music on tuesday though, absolutely love that.

I need to get up and take a shower, time to get moving and get some stuff done. The leaves are calling me! Have a great day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter