QS with allergies

Philharmagicfamily

Earning My Ears
Hi! My toddler was just diagnosed with potential allergies to tree nuts, flaxseed, and sunflower seeds. I know that avoiding tree nuts will be easy, given that Disney marks them on their menus, but does anyone have experience avoiding less-common allergens at Disney? We plan to bring lots of safe foods for him and to contact Disney's allergy team for more information, but it would be nice to feed him from restaurants sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

I have family members with food allergies to dairy and also cannot have spices that are hot and have to severely limit salt and we pretty much eat at TS. We can eat at almost any of them including a buffet like Boma where things can be made in the back. When making an ADR we put other since there were no options for the salt and spice along with dairy and when we check in the host mentions there is an allergy noted and puts a stamp on the ticket that goes to the table so the server knows. A chef comes out to talk to them to see what can be done. They are amazing.

My DD23 has several food allergies. When you go to CS or TS, let the staff know you have several food allergies and they will have the allergy chef/manager talk to you directly about your allergies. Many CS places will bring out the large binder with the full ingredient lists for each menu item for you to peruse.

My word of caution is any food venue that is NOT run by Disney. This would include most of the food venues at CSR, Epcot WS, and DS. These venues do not have the same allergy protocol as Disney and some do a better job than others with allergies.

We find WDW is the easiest place to vacation with food allergies. Have a great time!

What you mention seems to be how they go together. My Niece has the same although I was not in charge of the allergy there was never a concern eating at Disney CS or TS although I am sure there may have been things she could not have. Always carry an Epi pen in case there is a mishap....

Avoiding any allergen can be a challenge. Disney is rather good overall, but do ask questions as others have advised. Sorry to hear about the food allergies.

You could also keep an eye out for items like whole fruits. Each of the parks has a fruit stand, but they don't stock a ton of different options. Some WDW places sell prepackaged items, where you can read the label, though that might not cover the risk of cross-contamination.

The Disney QS used to offer some packaged allergen-friendly items, but I don't know if they still have items like that. (Like packaged brownies that are free of all the top allergens).

Food delivery/getting groceries would probably be a good option, and table service where you can talk to the chef.

At counter service venues or carts, you'll need to ask to see the ingredient binders. Many items are pre-prepared and the onsite team is unable to make much in the way of modifications.

Table service venues have a lot more leeway for modifying what goes onto the plate. At buffets you can ask to have the chef walk you through the buffet to point out safe/unsafe foods.

Since you mentioned your child is a toddler, just be aware that if he's under age 3 and you planned he would eat off an adult's plate for free -- that adult will need to order the allergen-free item. If you order something specific for the child expect to be charged.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest