• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Punched in the Gut

OZ 877

Kid's ATM Machine
So my wife and I were at dinner last Friday night and she starts out with..... "I don't want you to get mad but I'm tired of going to WDW"

I sat and looked at her for a minute and said "Okay, but this is where the kids want to go. (and me of course :))"

Her repsonse was "Well they are older now and they don't need to go there for every vacation. There are so many other places to go." Now we do take other vacations and don't go every year so I'm at a loss and don't know how to respond.

Over the weekend my middle daughter asked if we were going over her winter break and just last night my son asked if we were going this summer.

Ouch. Sometimes you just need to give in. Unhappy wife = unhappy life.

I can sympathise with your situation. On the plane home from our August vacation, my DH tells me he is "bored of Disney" :scared1: Although I kind of understood how he feels and why he said that. I think we both felt something was lacking this last trip and perhaps we need to spread our wings and venture to other places too. I have a hard time with wanting to go elsewhere since, while we can only afford one vacation a year, I would rather go somewhere I know we love.

Having said all that, we still have plans to go back next October as we have a Disney cruise from PC booked with friends and it makes sense for us to spend our additional week at WDW. I think we will spend less time in the parks, though.

I think alternating vacations is a good idea - one time you choose, the other time she does. Why not sit down as a family and all choose where you would like to go on vacation.

So my wife and I were at dinner last Friday night and she starts out with..... "I don't want you to get mad but I'm tired of going to WDW"

I sat and looked at her for a minute and said "Okay, but this is where the kids want to go. (and me of course :))"

Her repsonse was "Well they are older now and they don't need to go there for every vacation. There are so many other places to go." Now we do take other vacations and don't go every year so I'm at a loss and don't know how to respond.

Over the weekend my middle daughter asked if we were going over her winter break and just last night my son asked if we were going this summer.

Oh! Do I know where you are coming from.:rolleyes1 My wife has been on the "no Disney until 2014 and that will be the last time wagon". I do see the importance of doing other vacations and we have the time and money, but all she wants to do is go to a beach and sit. I am not a sit on the beach kind of person and the kids have said they would rather go somewhere fun.:laughing: My DS said he is afraid to go to the tropics and swim because he doesn't want to get eaten by a shark.:lmao::rotfl2: We went to Niagra Falls over the summer.

I tell her to book a vacation anywhere she wants and she says, No she wants me to do it. I say, but if I book it I want to go to DW. She flat out refuses to pick a place and plan a vacation, but complains about everyone wanting to go to Disney.:confused3 I know she wants it to be my fault if we go somewhere else and it is not as much fun.:headache: Good luck! I think I'll find a way to have her go on a "girls" vacation with her friends and the kids and I can sneak to DW.:thumbsup2

Wow I guess I am lucky in the fact DW has been going to WDW every few years growing up so the ill feeling are not easy to come by, and we do take other trips . So I guess i see the point if every trip was to Disney.
How about doing a driving vacation that has a turn around at Disney, only do a day or two. But get the beach in at Daytona or somewhere that you and the kids can do "fun" stuff.

There are all lot of places you can go that aren't Walt Disney World,

There's Disneyland Resort in California, Disneyland Resort Paris, Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort.

how horrid for you, divorce is clearly the only option!
seriously though, a compromise will have to be met.

or you could go for a shorter trip with the kids, without dw?

Her repsonse was "Well they are older now and they don't need to go there for every vacation. There are so many other places to go."
no one needs to go there-but it's a great place to go.

Now we do take other vacations and don't go every year so I'm at a loss and don't know how to respond.

my kids ask all the time too, older also-15 and 19- and luckily don't want their main vacation to be anywhere else. i think while they are still happy to be with us, and us with them(!) we will all treasure our wdw vacations. :goodvibes

there are indeed lots of other places to visit,but if you have family vacations elsewhere and mix up your getaways,i can't see a problem.
perhaps remind your dw also you've got the rest of your lives to visit wherever she wants to go when there will just be the two of you. pixiedust:

There are all lot of places you can go that aren't Walt Disney World,

There's Disneyland Resort in California, Disneyland Resort Paris, Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort.

Good point! DS is taking French. Paris it is. Woo-Hoo!:cool1:

We'll see how that goes over.

Let her plan...and whatever the next trip to wherever.

Be totally engaged on the trip... you may enjoy it... so may the kids... but you will all miss WDW... Wife included. I'd be willing to put money on the fact that the trip after will be to WDW. ::yes::

Don't forget there's Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

I guess I would just let DW know that she is welcome to go on vacation wherever, and that the dds and I would go to WDW.

AirGoofy said:
Don't forget there's Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

I guess I would just let DW know that she is welcome to go on vacation wherever, and that the dds and I would go to WDW.

Yes good point, I agree. If DW didn't want to go than she can travel separate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter