Proposing at MK During Disney After Hours

mdmetromom

Mouseketeer
Hello friends:
My son is planning to propose to his girlfriend at the end of the month during the Magic Kingdom Disney After Hours event. They let you in at 7pm to watch the Fireworks and then you get 3 additional hours after the park closes. I promised to post here and help him with ideas.
My questions are, assuming the crowds as as thin as they say once everyone leaves after the fireworks,
where is the best place to propose (his girlfriends LOVES the castle.)
- Should they rely on a PhotoPass photographer, or how do people handle that typically?

Thank you!!

I'm not sure if they'll still have photo pass people out in front of the castle during the after hours event, but typically yes there are several during the day/night during normal park hours all up and down Main Street. The photos may be a bit dark, but if this is her favorite place, he might as well do it there. Main Street is your best bet to have decent lighting and photo pass photogs there to capture it. I would double check on the Parks sub-forum on the boards if anyone else knows about the PhotoPass coverage during the After Hours, as that would be my only concern, but definitely Main Street is his best option at night!

Depending on the time of year, it may still be light out at 7pm. I would maybe do it then when they first arrive, walking down Main Street towards the castle. It gets it out of the way, then the rest of the night can be a celebration. The lighting will be better too and you should still be guaranteed to have plenty of Photo Pass people there.

I've done After Hours before and honestly I would wait until after the park closes for about an hour! The three times I have gone there has been photopass photographers until about 30 minutes- an hour after the event ended. It is pretty awesome to have pictures with less than 100 people on main street and I think they'd get a really great picture that way as opposed to fighting the crowds and having people walk in your picture! Congrats!

Hello friends:
My son is planning to propose to his girlfriend at the end of the month during the Magic Kingdom Disney After Hours event. They let you in at 7pm to watch the Fireworks and then you get 3 additional hours after the park closes. I promised to post here and help him with ideas.
My questions are, assuming the crowds as as thin as they say once everyone leaves after the fireworks,
where is the best place to propose (his girlfriends LOVES the castle.)
- Should they rely on a PhotoPass photographer, or how do people handle that typically?

Thank you!!

My DH proposed to me almost 8 years ago in front of the castle on a regular night, but after the park closed. After the fireworks, we walked around the park for 20 minutes or so, while people were clearing out. We ended up at the castle and there was no one around at all, except one of the custodial staff, who was washing the ground off in a distance. My DH proposed right at the castle entrance that looks into Fantasyland. It was perfect <3

DH and I did the After Hours event. There were three different photopass photographers along Main Street. They were still there taking photos at the end of the event. I'd choose the one closest to the castle. The crowds are so low that you don't need to wait until the end of the event to get that perfect photo. Have your son discreetly talk to the photographer to let him know he's proposing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter