• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prom Dresses

Tash_From_Cnd

Earning My Ears
Hello, I noticed a lot of people seem to be from my area and was wondering if anyone knew any good shops for prom dresses? Anything in the Missauaga/Brampton/Woodbridge/Toronto/Kitchener area would be great or a little further.

I dont know if this applies, but here Reitmans has some really nice prom dresses*i dont know if this is only an island store or what* and check out the Bridal shops, they usually have a section devoted to prom.

I bought mine many years ago at Laura's ... My recommendation is to get something that you can dress up with accessories, that way you can wear the dress again. My dress is just sitting in my closet ... looking back it seemed like a slight waste of money.

Try Fairweather. Most of their stores have a bridesmaid/prom line of dresses.

There are several really nice little boutiques in the KW area. Once place you would never think to look is called HongKong Fashions in Kitchener-beautiful dresses there. There is a little boutique in Waterloo that finds out where the prom is being held and will only sell dresses that no one else at that school already has-really personal service-they will special order sizes and do alterations as well.

Originally posted by mom_rules
There are several really nice little boutiques in the KW area. Once place you would never think to look is called HongKong Fashions in Kitchener-beautiful dresses there. There is a little boutique in Waterloo that finds out where the prom is being held and will only sell dresses that no one else at that school already has-really personal service-they will special order sizes and do alterations as well.

That's very cool! I remember at my high school prom there were a couple of girls who had the same dresses... none of whom were really pleased. :rolleyes:

Thankyou for your replies :0) I went to Laura's and Fairweather's last night :0) The only problem is at grad it looked like the Fairweather catelogue. I didn't think finding a dress would be this hard and I feel like I've been everywhere. Mom_rules do you remember the name of the boutique?

The name of the boutique is Kindred Spirit-it's in uptown Wloo at 34 King St. N.

My DD has gotten 3 dresses here (Kindred Spirit) for school semi formals. They have beautiful dresses and it seems to be the place to look in this area. Would be well worth it to go.

My DD also got 3 dresses here over the last 4 years. Not once did anyone at that formal have her dress! All three were special ordered in her size and altered for a reasonable cost. It took about 2-3 weeks-they came from California.

Thanks guys. We went to Kindred Spirit on Saturday and got a beautiful dress. It was really a lot of fun watching all of these girls trying on dresses and then all of a sudden coming out with that one certain dress that was just perfect. The look in their eyes was just beautiful. Great experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter