Princess Breakfast at Epcot???'s

mlbretscher

Mouseketeer
I will be going to WDW for the first time (I think I'm more excited than the kids-Yiiiipppeee) 9/10-9/18/04. I will be traveling with another family and some of us want to do the princess breakfast at Epcot and the "boys" do not want to go with us. How much time should we allow for the princess breakfast? Our party will include 3 adults and three girls 8, 7 & 3 1/2. Will it take about 1-2 hours? Also, how is the breakfast? Any information would be great!

Thanks
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

We took our daughters there for the first time two weeks ago. They seated they whole restaurant at once, which seemed odd. The characters then came out and did very well and spent time with the kids but, you could tell they felt a pressure to "work the room" quickly. We were out of there in just over an hour.

Far and away the worst character dinner/breakfast we have ever had. Food was bland and unimaginative, so if you are going for the characters , you will enjoy it, just dont plan on an overly ambitious breakfast ( you could get the same thing at Ponderosa, Shoney's, etc buffet).

Hope this helps.

It was less rushed than CRT. Food was family style, not great, but basic and tasty. Got more attention from princesses than CRT. No Cinderella here, but saw Mulan. I don't think Mary Poppins was here either, but she was at CRT. So, it all depends on your princess preference and location. We like to eat at the castle with Cinderella (for DD), but I like Mulan, so we do both. When it was just DH and I, we skipped this and did CM dinner. For DD1's birthday, CRT gave her a purple certificate signed by the princesses, with confetti on the table. At PSB, they gave her a paintable cookie free, which she was too young to paint, but she did eat the leg off it!

Hi, the breakfast should take 1 1/2 hours tops. Remember to leaave travel time as it is in Norway. I prefer the food at CRT, however when given the choice my 6 year old niece picked PSB. We did it last year and the characters were great. The kids also got the plastic EPCOT mugs with a cover and straw to take with them.

We (me, DH & DD6) went to WDW for the first time this past April. I was more excited than either of them too! :teeth: Since it was our first trip I went a little overboard and booked CRT & Epcot breakfasts.

CRT was our first morning. It was great! The setting was magical, the food was fresh and yummy (especially the stuffed french toast) and the princesses were very good (a little rushed but they are like that at both). They give kids their own plate including french toast sticks - a big hit with my daughter!

At CRT they call you up separately, per family. At Epcot, they must have a few sittings or at least the first of the day is like that. They let everyone in all at once. My daughter was a little disappointed because they have a designated "princess of the day" who has a special crown and wand and leads the girls in, while holding Snow White's hand. Food was hot & fresh but pretty bland. No separate plate for kids. No stuffed french toast either. :(

Like LAWalz23 said, be sure to allow at least 30 minutes from time you approach entrance to get to Norway. They let you into park early if you have an early reservation but you have to go through security first (took us 15 minutes) and the walk is at least 15 minutes at a brisk pace. At CRT the princesses seemed to work the room better. At Epcot they all moved from one room to the next so you didn't have any princesses at all, then you were bombarded by them for 10-15 minutes and then it was over! :earseek:

Also, it was funny: I read somewhere that Cinderella NEVER is at Epcot so when my daughter said she saw her in the other room I told her "no, she isn't here." She kept insisting and boy did I feel silly when she walked into our room!! The other princesses at Epcot were Belle, Snow White, Jasmine & Mulan. No Sleeping Beauty or Mary Poppins.

An hour is probably enough time, although it depends on where you are seated. The room to the left was the first room the princesses visited. They were done in there within 45 minutes. The room straight ahead was the last one they visited. If you are seated there, you may need a little more time.

IMHO, I would try to get CRT instead. We really thought it was better. But, I think my biggest problem was that I kept comparing the two. Doing one is a definite must if your girls want autographs. We did not see the princesses around the parks much at all. In an hour or so, you will get at least 5 princess autographs!! The pictures are priceless as well!!
Above all, enjoy!! princess:

I would echo the previous posters and say that you could eat breakfast and meet all of the princesses in an hour (if you are seated at the left side of the restaurant). The service is good, the princesses are very efficient at getting to all the tables (although you do feel that they are somewhat rushed, understandably) and the food is good but nothing memorable.

We were there on June 5th and if you are staying offsite and plan on driving your car to the Epcot parking lot they did not open the parking entrance until 8 a.m. So, if you have the first seating for breakfast at 8:30 a.m. you will have to make sure that you walk quickly from your car to Norway for the breakfast.

Have fun!

We ate at PSB on Saturday. We were seated in the room where all of the princesses entered so we were finished in about an hour. The food was simple -- eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and sticky buns -- and there was plenty. We saw Mary Poppins, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan and Belle. DD4's favorite princess is Sleeping Beauty so it was worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter