Pre-TR June 2010 - 14 year old, 5 year old, 2 year old

deannanb

Mouseketeer
18 days until our trip - This is my first trip report.
I'm having panic attacks over last minute plans. And thoughts of packing.
(I know it will all be fine)
I will take any suggestions you have to offer.

June 6-12

Who we are (Photos to come)
My parents - Nana and Papa
Us - DH, ME, and our kids - 14 year old son, 5 year old son, and almost 2 year old son - (He turns 2 just after we return).

I'm bringing a stroller from home for the 2 year old. I'm renting a stroller for the 5 year old - Magic Stroller - I think.

We will be celebrating my parent's anniversary - and my son's birthday.

I have been to Disney World 3 times - 4th grade, 6th grade (with my parents and brother) and 11th grade (with a friend's family - it was so much fun!). So it has been 20 years since I have been to Disney World! and for my parents longer than that.

My husband and children have never been.

I'm trying to plan a relaxed ( :rotfl2: ) trip - while trying to cram everything in that we can. We have park hoppers and the Deluxe Dining Plan. I'm sure we will be rolling out of the parks. - I know we can't do it all. And anything with a 2 year old makes things a little harder.

We are staying at the Contemporary in 2 rooms - hopefully connected rooms.

I subscribed to touringplans.com - and plan to use their suggestions for touring the parks with small children. My 14 year old doesn't want to ride the roller coasters - and since he hasn't been to Disney before he will be just fine with what the little boys are doing. If he wants to - we can change plans for him and do something different.

I made all of the ADRs based on touringplans suggested park days - (at the time). Thursday may be off - they changed their suggested days after I had made my ADRS - and I'm not changing them now. :hippie:

Here are the park plans - we can hop to a different park after dinner if anyone is awake. We are not planning to be in the parks late.

I have breakfast at the parks every morning (or close to the parks) - I think the only park that we may have to send someone to run for FP is HS for Toy Story.

Arriving Sunday - Dinner at The Wave

Monday - Magic Kingdom
Getting son's first haircut on Main Street.
Breakfast - Crystal Palace
Lunch - Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner - Hoop De Doo

Tuesday - Animal Kingdom
Breakfast - Tusker House - Donald
Lunch - Tusker House - for Nemo tickets - may change for QS lunch
Dinner - California Grill (my parent's anniversary)

Wednesday - EPCOT -
Breakfast - Ohana's - my son L.O.V.E.S Lilo and Stitch :stitch2:
Lunch - Quick Serve (suggestions?)
Dinner - Spirit of Aloha

Thursday - DHS
Breakfast - Hollywood and Vine
Lunch - 50's Prime Time (trying to change to sci-fi)
Dinner - Biergarten (EPCOT)

Friday - EPCOT - World Showcase
Breakfast - quick serve using up snack credits (will we have any?)
Lunch - Rose and Crown
Dinner- Teppan Edo

Saturday - :sad1: Going Home
Breakfast - Chef Mickey

Thanks for coming along on my vacation! I can't wait.

OPD is kicking in.....
obsessive planning disorder

Jogging Stroller has been rented from magicstrollers.com.
They were less than Orlando Strollers.

I'm busy packing. Hopefully I can get the little guys packed tomorrow.

I'm trying to finalize the Garden Grocer order - (suggestions?)
Milk for the baby, diapers, water, a few snacks -
(from what I have read we won't want to eat much more with the dining plan and with the heat).

I have bought some Cars and Toy Story items from the dollar spot at Target.
I found some glow sticks at Michaels and The Dollar Tree.

I printed off the Touring Plans today - (9 days until our trip) :banana::banana::banana: Need to figure out what to put these in - sheet protectors in a notebook? Spiral bind them?

I'll be there the same time you will! :)

For the touring plans... what I do is type them up in small font and print them out on business-card or credit-card sized paper. That way, they fit nicely in my pocket or in a pocket of my camera bag. We try not to carry too much with us into the parks. But, right now it's just the two of us... I'll bet that we won't be able to avoid carrying a ton of stuff once we have kids to take along.

I think you'll find deluxe dining is a LOT of food, especially since the portion sizes are pretty generous in most places. We don't care for DxDDP because it feels like we're always running from one meal to the next, but it works for some people really well. I would definitely get water/juice from Garden Grocer, you can chill it in the room & carry it with you into the parks each day to save some money.... which reminds me, I need to go place a Garden Grocer order myself! LOL

You'll definitely want to plan for afternoon breaks @ the resort to swim/rest in the air conditioning this time of year.... the heat & humidity will be terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter