Pre-Dis Gift Surprises

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
I'm trying to think of something fun and cool that I can give my fam in the car ride to the airport (1 hr. for us), on the plane, or sometime when a little pick-me-up is needed close to the actual arrival on Orlando soil. Their ages are M21, M21, M25, M53, F53, M70,F77(WOW! I can't believe my great-aunt is 77 and scoots around like nobody's business!) Anyone do anything like this for their fam? I even welcome cheesy-pick-me-up's and things you've done for your kids. Since I'm the "program director" for this diverse bunch, I wanna go all out and have a fun time!
Thanks!

kjs1976

What about Guest of Honor badges with their names on them? You can order them in advance from www.giftsofalifetime.com They come in Mickey, Minnie and Pooh versions and are really fun to wear in the parks. The CMs call you by name, which can be surprising when you forget you are wearing them! heehee:D

Debbie:earsgirl:

Thanks for the tip, CDoobee, but I checked the site and they no longer do the GoH badges because Disney is contracting the engraving out to someone else, apparently, and are not doing the personal engraving right now. I wish they still were because it was a good idea!!!

kjs

Oh, sorry. I didn't know that. I got them for my DD and I for DIS-Con last December. That would have been cute if you had been able to get them! Hopefully someone else will have some ideas!

Debbie:earsgirl:

Hi!
I went online and printed out activity books for the kids at Disney -hp's website - as well as calanders to count down!
I also have picked up little trinkets online at disney.com and at our local disney store on clearance like disney pez dispensers etc! Disney bini's etc!

:earsboy: :earsgirl:

How about matching bandanas for all in the crew? You could get plain ones and and paint them yourself with fabric paint with your family name or whatever. Visors are fun too! How about making those "fortune tellers" (made out of paper and you put your fingers in them to move them back and forth). You could write all Disney related answers...good for waits n the airport or drive in the car etc. Matching wallets that hang around your neck to stow park passes in? Matching handtowels to throw over your shoulder to wipe sweaty brows in the parks! Disney finger puppets to stage impromptu shows in the car or airport( have to be a silly bunch to enjoy this I think)! Michey lollipops from the disney store. Lanyards and a pin to start off a collection.....I could ramble all day!! I love doingthis stuff! Enjoy your trip!!!

Since we are talking "older" people here and not children, it makes it harder to please them all.

But....when my friend and I get to go (it will be her first trip), I plan on having a disney beanie to be her travelling companion (to be in the pictures and things), and an autograph book and "fattie" pen (and yes, we will use them!! :D)......also maybe a lanyard because I know that even though I said I wasn't going to collect pins, once I saw them, I just had to have a "few" LOL...:D

The disney store is having a fabulous sale right now many things are either 35-50%off, including all plush some frames and some pins as well.

You can also look in Walmart, Target, KMart for cheap Disney things. I also have found keychains, notepads etc at dollar stores.

I love the idea of making matching visors Tshirts etc.

I also purchased an add on pack to the disney trivia game that just had the cards. It was fun to just quiz one another in the car ride down.

:D Dream, thatnks for the cutie ideas...keep um' comin' if you want! What a cute family picture in the tea cups!

:earsgirl: Eeyorefanatic, thanks for letting me know about the Dis Store deals...I'm on my way to check them out!

So far I have made a personalized countdown to give my family at the 15 day mark...I typed a message on each day that corresponds with a fav memory from our first trip or has a "what not to forget" packing reminder. I'm gonna' do the Mickey cereal and snack idea, too. I've drawn out some sketches of T-shirts and will have to peruse Walmart for deals.

:smooth: You guys are awesome! I can't wait to hear more ideas!

:) kjs

You could do a goodie bag of items they will use on the trip, disney themed if you can. This can include a small first aid kit, disney bandaids, moleskin, travel tylenol all in a ziplock. A disposable camera, or a water one if you plan on doing water parks. Sunglasses and a neck strap. Disney candy/gum/mints. I buy disney themed party bags on clearance and make up bags for my kids.

I have been picking up stuff like disney themed tooth brushes - toothpaste - brushes - band aids -shampoo - etc and i will be sending down sand buckets filled with all these goodies along with candies and beanies to put in the room. Its only about $12 to mail and you don't have to worry about forgetting those things!

:earsgirl: :earsboy:

What about Disney Trivia? We brought the cards from the game and took turns asking each other questions. Disney Trivia has an adult group of cards and a kids group, great for all ages!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter