Post DMX, watching fireworks, still tired....any seats?

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
We're going to Disney next week for the first time since my surgery and I'm still regaining my strength. Really looking forward to seeing the fireworks at MK but wondering...is there anywhere I can sit while watching? I know my energy is going to be metered and I"ll be runnning on empty by the evening.

Unless you book a specific desert party, seating is very few and far between. Unless you care about the projections, you can watch from other lands. We found a nice bench in adventure land after the bridge but before you get to the hub. The views were great. Didn’t really care about the projections.

Yes, if the projections on the castle are not a big deal for you, we enjoy watching from Tormorrowland -- lots of benches in the area facing the Speedway out front of Space Mountain/Tron area. Not crowded and several benches.

BC survivor here. First and importantly, wishing you all the best and sending a big virtual hug. I hope you are navigating everything as well as possible. I went to WDW in the middle of my treatment, and it injected such joy into a scary and trying time. I hope it does the same for you.

There is the dessert party with seats (not the best projection views, but you can see them), but in my experience, you have to get there a bit early to get the best seating. If that doesn’t appeal or isn’t in the cards, Tomorrowland is a good option, as is Fantasyland - either behind the castle (more people, but there is seating) or near the Little Mermaid area (usually empty). Another option is watching from a resort - I think the Grand Floridian marina area is especially nice and uncrowded, even though it’s off center. Poly is more centered, but attracts more people.

Have you considered renting an ECV for the day? If so, you can watch from seated on the scooter, from the designated area.

Last edited:
Our favorite fireworks experiences were on rides! We’ve done Astro Orbiter and Dumbo, which was a ton of fun. For us, the crowds and projections make it less fun. Definitely worth a try.

In Fantasyland right behind the carousel there's that wall that's got the built in bench all the way around it. You can sit there and the fireworks explode all the way around you! It's amazing!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter