Post (Disney) Vacation Blues!

Two things make this less an issue with us, trips longer than 7 days and more than one vacation a year, preferably evenly spaced out from the Dis trip. For years we've gone to WDW in March for 8 days and then to Myrtle Beach for 10 in June or July. As long as we have something not too far off to look forward to we don't get down after a vacation, and after 8 days 'in the World' we've had our fill. In fact, a few years ago we did 9 days at the BoardWalk followed by 2 at POFQ, and as we were in the taxi going to POFQ my wife and I agreed that we'd be OK with it if we were headed to MCO.

Bill From PA

absolutely! We've been home about a week too...but with no return trip in sight (we can only afford to go every 2-3 years). Feeling a bit sad that there is no more to plan for quite a while!

I know how you feel. We just returned home Saturday after a week at WDW and it will probably be at least two years before we return (although I'm trying to figure out a way to go back next fall without going in (more) debt).

I've spent the last two days at work listening to Dis Radio and the Dis Unplugged. I have also been planning our return trip even if it's two or three years away. My wife is starting to think I'm crazy.

We just returned Saturday from a week at WDW. I haven't felt the big letdown yet, but I think that is because I have Christmas to look forward to. I'm sure in January, I'll be missing Disney!

We have tentatively planned a trip for Thanksgiving in 2011. Our daughter will be 9, and we want to return before those adult prices hit.

I usually love Christmas and am even having a hard time looking forward to that! I have got to snap out of this! Doesn't help that a few days after I came home my business partner went down for a last minute trip! Lucky girl!!

I agree about the posts about going longer than 7 days...next time I want to go for 10!!

I'm odd I guess because I'm always glad to get home. I like being here.

I can't say the same thing about work though. THAT depresses me.

Me too. *sigh* I do the "three days ago we were at blah blah blah doing yada yada yada"..."only two weeks ago we were doing blah blah blah"... ;) The only way for me to kick the blues is to begin planning our next trip!

Me too. *sigh* I do the "three days ago we were at blah blah blah doing yada yada yada"..."only two weeks ago we were doing blah blah blah"... ;) The only way for me to kick the blues is to begin planning our next trip!

I do this too, and before the trip. Hey honey in two weeks from right NOW we will be eating at Boma, in 5 days we will be watching FOTLK, etc. On the way home I usually get teary and sad when we leave and then by the time we hit Jacksonville (if driving up 95) I am planning our next trip. This time DH got into the spirit before me and already started talking about dates before we were out of Orlando. If we fly I get sad when DME arrives at MCO but by the time we touch down at home I have the next general idea of when we are going back. The worst thing for me though is to watch the Disney shows on TV like the holiday special the other night had me out and out upset b/c we can't go this Christmas season AT ALL, NO chance. It usually goes away after a couple of days, I come here, read guidebooks, and scrapbook our trips to help the blues.

We are going Jan 19-26 because I had to plan after gettign back May25-31. I had to I was so upset.... But my DH just told me, i couldn't do that this time, that we'd go back in 5 yrs, 5 YRS!!! WHAT????:scared1:

he said to give it time for all the new updates to be done, Fantasyland/Star Tours & Harry Potter world.....

Well I was floored....so i figured it out and it's only 1780 days, but that was too depressing so I changed it, It's only 260 Weeks until we go back.....

DH wants to get a couple of European trips in.....YAY PARIS DISNEYLAND!!!

SO, no you aren't the only one, I was so depressed....so I feel for you.... ;)

We are going Jan 19-26 because I had to plan after gettign back May25-31. I had to I was so upset.... But my DH just told me, i couldn't do that this time, that we'd go back in 5 yrs, 5 YRS!!! WHAT????:scared1:

he said to give it time for all the new updates to be done, Fantasyland/Star Tours & Harry Potter world.....

Well I was floored....so i figured it out and it's only 1780 days, but that was too depressing so I changed it, It's only 260 Weeks until we go back.....

DH wants to get a couple of European trips in.....YAY PARIS DISNEYLAND!!!

SO, no you aren't the only one, I was so depressed....so I feel for you.... ;)

We were at POFQ the same week as you last May!

maybe we should start a support group/thread. I know I will need it in a few weeks when I get back from my trip.

The more I read these boards the more I realize that probably most of us have the same ideas about things.
DW and I were talking the other day about our trip and while we smiled and laughed, we also missed it terribly.
I am also one of those people who starts thinking it will be over quickly before it has even begun!
I also think, when I first check in and during my stay at the resort, that whenever I see people with their luggage that they must be so sad to be leaving. :confused3 Weird? Then i think "that's going to be me in a week and someone else will be looking at us with pity."

This trip is even more depressing because I know I won't be going back for a very long time. Dw and the kids may be back sooner but I won't be, probably until i retire which is at least 15 years from now :eek:

we got back from the world 3 days ago. my husband and i have been texting eachother back and forth saying things like,"gues where we were this time last week?" or we were having dinner with cinderella this time last week," and so forth. definitely get the "blues" after our trip to the mouse house and look forward to planning the next one.

I am so glad to find this thread!

I sometimes think I am going nuts and am the only one feeling this way. I do all the things mentioned: start getting sad before going because knowing it will be all over soon, seeing people in the lobby coming in to the resort knowing "their" vcacation is starting and ours is ending, etc, etc, etc. It's nice to know I am not the only nut, lol.

We've been home a week and I feel sad. I agree that I've always thought that having 2 vacations a year would be ideal as there is always something "right around the corner" waiting.

Heather

I get depressed AND obsessed. To while away the hours until I can start planning another trip, I:

1. Stalk careerbuilder.com for jobs in my field in the Orlando area, and also search for jobs for the DH AND send them to him via email (he politely asks that I desist after the 50th forward)

2. Contemplate putting a deposit on a retirement village condo in the Orlando area

3. Smile at the every new wrinkle, because it means I'm all the closer to nabbing a job at DW as the Fairy God Mother! :)

4. Drink lots of OJ, since it reminds me of Soarin'

5. Drink Dasani water, even though it isn't my fav, since the taste reminds me of DW!

6. Bake lots o' cinnamon rolls, since the scent reminds me of Main Street!

I also start thinking about how the trip is going to be over even before I leave! I think it has something to do with being a planner...we're always looking ahead and we're very aware of time.

I try to make sure I have little happy things ready upon my return, such as a clean car (my car is always full of junk!) and/or a clean house. Or mybe a chocolate bar waiting on my desk at work. :goodvibes I also try to get ahead at work so I don't come home to a mess at the office. This trip I am coming home to tickets for Wicked!, so that will make leaving the MK just a little less painful.

Yup, I'm definitely a planner...:lmao:

Yep. Last year after our trip I couldn't even come on this site for months. And I also get upset thinking about the trip starting because I know that means it will be over soon! Ugh. :sad2:

That's so me!! When I come back from Disney, I can't even THINK about anything disney related or I will get REALLY upset!! Watch Disney Channel (I'm 19 and I watch it all the time! lol) is almost painful!! I can't even open the DIS!!

And like someone said, the first half of the trip I'm like : "YAY, I still have X days at Disney!!:lovestruc " and on the second half: "I can't believe I only have X days left at Disney! :sad1:"

it's great to know I'm not the only one who suffers from that disease!!

The good thing is, recently I've managed to plan lots of Disney trips! My mom swears it's the law of attraction! Do you guys believe that? I have a piece of paper on my desk that says "I'm so happy and thankful now that I've got the trip I wished for." The thing is, going to WDW is the only trip I wish for!! So i've been going there a lot! :rotfl: And i'm going january 2010 (to both Disneyland and WDW!!) and december 2010 (for the International College Program).
Knowing that I will come back if I really wish for it makes it less painful to come back!

Thank goodness for you all! I thought I was alone!
This past September I took my boyfriend on his first trip to Disney. He really enjoyed it (Yay!) and suggested we take advantage of the bounceback (double Yay!) He's not a fanatic yet but, in a few trips I think he will be!
I was starting to get a little bummed halfway through the trip thinking about how it will soon be all over! On our last day, we headed to Magic Kingdom for a couple hours. There in time for the rope drop (cried behind my sunglasses), hit a couple rides and just enjoyed our last little bit of Disney. Before we left the park, I sent him to take some pictures while I had one last moment with my castle (cried AGAIN behind my sunglasses).
He just kept reminding me that we had already booked another trip for next year. And I was very excited but, it didn't change the fact that I still had to leave.
I purchased the 4 Parks 1 World CD and it's almost constantly playing in my car, I have the Season of Disney episodes on my iPod touch to watch on my lunch at work, and my boyfriend is constantly finding the Disney planning DVD in the DVD player:rolleyes1... we bought a bunch of things like little boxes of cookies, candies and those yummy coconut chocolate Mickey heads (hold up great in freezer!) when we were down there so we'd have a little magic to ease the pain.
Man, I miss that place! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter