Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Anywhere from 6:00 a.m to 6:30 a.m EST has been the time period in the past
FYI this isn't necessarily accurate. A range of 6am - 8:30am is probably more accurate. The two exact release times I've tracked recently were June 2017 at 8:11am and one of the releases earlier in 2018 at 6:55am (I can't remember which one, lol). I haven't specifically tracked every release, but I don't ever recall any being later than 8:30 (not saying there has't been...just not that I can remember).

I just didn't want anybody getting worried if the new flights aren't up by 6:30...:)

FYI this isn't necessarily accurate. A range of 6am - 8:30am is probably more accurate. The two exact release times I've tracked recently were June 2017 at 8:11am and one of the releases earlier in 2018 at 6:55am (I can't remember which one, lol). I haven't specifically tracked every release, but I don't ever recall any being later than 8:30 (not saying there has't been...just not that I can remember).

I just didn't want anybody getting worried if the new flights aren't up by 6:30...:)

Looks like you and I have had similar experiences time wise!

I distinctly remember one time looking for November flights back in May of 2014 when we were on vacation. I checked before we left our hotel at 6:30 and they weren't posted. Since I didn't have a data plan for the US I remember pulling off the road at various McDonald's, etc and checking to see if the flights had dropped. They finally did that particular time shortly after 8am and it was nice to book and finally be on our way home without the frequent pit stops. :)

Looks like you and I have had similar experiences time wise!

I distinctly remember one time looking for November flights back in May of 2014 when we were on vacation. I checked before we left our hotel at 6:30 and they weren't posted. Since I didn't have a data plan for the US I remember pulling off the road at various McDonald's, etc and checking to see if the flights had dropped. They finally did that particular time shortly after 8am and it was nice to book and finally be on our way home without the frequent pit stops. :)
Hey there! Hope you’re doing well :) Haven’t run into you on the boards for awhile without a Stay Play Dine deal to debate. LOL!

My husband is a COS, so he purchases 2 tickets for SW flights. We're using ME for our return to MCO, do we check our bags still at our resort. Or will we have to wait till we get to the airport. I saw this question before but cant find it now.

My husband is a COS, so he purchases 2 tickets for SW flights. We're using ME for our return to MCO, do we check our bags still at our resort. Or will we have to wait till we get to the airport. I saw this question before but cant find it now.
Sorry, what is a COS?

Depending on the time of your flight, it is possible to check your bags for a Southwest flight at your resort.

EBCI question --- If I purchase my flights the day they come out and get EBCI with them, but later change the flights? Will that change my order for EBCI?

EBCI question --- If I purchase my flights the day they come out and get EBCI with them, but later change the flights? Will that change my order for EBCI?
Supposedly, yes, as when you change, Southwest is actually cancelling out your original reservation to make a new one. The single benefit of "changing" is that you don't lose the value of EBCI, as you do when you "cancel."

We used this service a week ago. The bags need to be at the resort check-in before the ME bus departs which is usually 3 hours in advance of the flight. We took ours down in the morning, had breakfast then caught the bus. With SouthWest and their other preferred airlines, they will hang your boarding passes on the door in the morning (unless you have early bird check-in, I would still check in at the 24 hour mark).

Are you asking if there is a difference because he has 2 tickets? I don't know that answer, but be aware that RAC desk closes at noon, so if your flight is later be sure to get your bags there after you check out of your room.

According to southwest.com:

1. Domestic U.S. Travel: Customers in need of Extra Room/Seat may check in online or at a Self-Service Check-in kiosk to reserve their boarding positions, but they must see a Customer Service Agent to receive the required documents and be eligible for a refund after the flight.

So, it sounds like you can check in at T-24 for your boarding position, but you will need to get the boarding pass(es) at the airport. I would think that you would still be able to check your bags at the resort, though, as you will already be checked in for the flight, if you did online check in.

We are flying out of Indianapolis in July on a 5:00 a.m. flight. I talked to Southwest and they said the luggage desk and security opens two hours before the first flight. But last year, they said the same and we flew out at 6:00 a.m., but the desk didn't open till 5:00 a.m. Is there somewhere I can call the desk directly at Indy to ask when they would open? I just don't want to get kids up three hours early, and then sitting waiting an hour for the desk to open. Teens are already mean enough without the "you woke me up an hour early for nothing" stink eye.

Unfortunately there isn’t a set time and they don’t seem to release all at the same time. Seems to roll out over time the morning new flights open up. I’ve found our flights as early as 6am and other times after 8am. You just need to keep checking.
Do you know which months will open for booking tomorrow?

We are flying out of Indianapolis in July on a 5:00 a.m. flight. I talked to Southwest and they said the luggage desk and security opens two hours before the first flight. But last year, they said the same and we flew out at 6:00 a.m., but the desk didn't open till 5:00 a.m. Is there somewhere I can call the desk directly at Indy to ask when they would open? I just don't want to get kids up three hours early, and then sitting waiting an hour for the desk to open. Teens are already mean enough without the "you woke me up an hour early for nothing" stink eye.
Is Skycap available at that time? IDK about security though. I can't imagine the SWA counter or security would open at 5am if there is a flight at 5am. Last year when you went was 6am the earliest flight SWA operated that day or your airport for that matter since you spoke about security?

Does anyone have a feeling about which is better/ quicker to book through? PC/ laptop/ iphone/ iPad ?? Have done this on many occasions, and can’t remember which loads more reliably...

If you have not done so, I suggest sending a tweet. They are usually very responsive.
https://twitter.com/SouthwestAir/with_replies

Southwest's website states that they open at IND 90 minutes before the first scheduled departure.

Last edited:

From my experiences when looking I could never find that answer at the airport I wanted to fly out of. I think it depends on the airport and the airline. I got an email to arrive 3 hours early for my international flight...and I did at 3 AM and the desk didn't even open till 4. There was a huge line by the time they opened because so many people arrived when told to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter