PORTOFINO BAY HOTEL INFO...FAQ`s and more.......

Back in February, I don't remember there being any issue with the hot tub at Portofino (though there may be more than one, but we only got in one of them.) But I do remember that the bigger of the two hot tubs at RPR was down. And it had been down for quite a while as it was also down in December when we were there.

Hi I was wondering for anybody who has been there lately. I write trip reports on Trip Advisor and I read through plenty of others while I am on there. I know that there can be such mixed reviews and some people just come up with these awful reviews that make no sense. I am coming here where there are straight forward reliable answers. :thumbsup2 Anyways I have read a few these last couple of months that the hot tubs here are having some problems. I read one hot tub has only one jet working and another hot tub has luke warm water. Has anybody experienced this? Good working hot tubs are important for me on a trip as it dubs for therapy. Thanks for your help!

We went in the one at the back of the pool area and now that I read this it connects that, yes, there was definitely an issue with the jets in it. I went up to turn them on but nothing happened. That said, it was very hot (in a good way for us at least). I was a bit surprised at the heat, but it was really nice. I find a lot of hot tubs are barely warm bathwater temperature so it was a pleasant surprise.

Give them a call and see if you can book now if you really need to lock in the price.

They`ll let you know if you can or not.

I called and they were unable to book it that far in advance. They didn't have any idea when March 2020 would open up. They said check back after the Summer or maybe as late as December/January but that it would likely open up with their system at the same time as online. So I will just keep checking the website once every 2 or 3 weeks.

I called and they were unable to book it that far in advance. They didn't have any idea when March 2020 would open up. They said check back after the Summer or maybe as late as December/January but that it would likely open up with their system at the same time as online. So I will just keep checking the website once every 2 or 3 weeks.

I thought it might be too early, but always worth asking.......

Yep, keep checking, it`ll be there one day.

Hello! To save me from reading all 26 pages, can I just ask if there is a spot we can pick up a quick breakfast sandwich as we make our way to Early Entry? Thanks!

Hello! To save me from reading all 26 pages, can I just ask if there is a spot we can pick up a quick breakfast sandwich as we make our way to Early Entry? Thanks!

Starbucks at PBH should have breakfast sandwiches. The Gelateria (next door to Starbucks) has some quick breakfast options but not sure what as we didn't actually go in there in the morning. Someone was asking this in another post and another poster also suggested Burger King at Citywalk.

Page 1 first post has the link to Gelateria menu for breakfast options.

does anyone know if a refurb is planned here any time soon?

Some of the tripadvisor reviews suggest the rooms are now looking a bit dated apparently?

Hi I was wondering for anybody who has been there lately. I write trip reports on Trip Advisor and I read through plenty of others while I am on there. I know that there can be such mixed reviews and some people just come up with these awful reviews that make no sense. I am coming here where there are straight forward reliable answers. :thumbsup2 Anyways I have read a few these last couple of months that the hot tubs here are having some problems. I read one hot tub has only one jet working and another hot tub has luke warm water. Has anybody experienced this? Good working hot tubs are important for me on a trip as it dubs for therapy. Thanks for your help!

I always go to the Villa pool. There was no issue with the hot tub jets there in February, and it was plenty warm.

does anyone know if a refurb is planned here any time soon?

Some of the tripadvisor reviews suggest the rooms are now looking a bit dated apparently?

There was a whole post about this very question recently. The hotel was updated in 2013 (completed early 2014 I believe).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/does-portofino-need-to-be-updated.3665958/#post-58859668

We thought that the hotel was lovely on our recent stay - the rooms definitely have a elegant feel to them, and not the ultra modern look that a lot of hotels have gone to which may be the reason for posts saying it need to be updated.

I saw a review on TA once that RPR rooms were needing updated.......about two weeks after the renovation was complete.

You wonder sometimes about folks that leave some reviews.

Hi,

My husband and kids along with my Mom & Dad have our August trip booked at Portofino. We got the Club level rooms. It will be our first time staying there. My Aunt has recently decided to join us, but when she tried to book her room, she was told there were no Club level rooms left. Does anybody know where the Club level rooms are located in relation to regular 2 queen rooms? She worried she'll be far away from all the rest of us.

At PBH, you can have a room in any section of the hotel and still be "club"

The rooms are scattered throughout the floors and sections.

Good to know thanks. When we check in, what would the chances be that all three of our rooms could be together?

Suggest you call and have it listed on the reservations for the 3 rooms be close or near each other

Rooms are usually assigned about 5 days before you check in

I viewed the initial pages of post but still have few questions about this hotel. I just booked Portofino CL room. They asked if I had any requests but was unprepared to answer. What kind of request do they honor? Anywhere I can find info on views etc? Also I think she said CL rooms are spread throughout hotel, unlike Disney where they are usually on one floor. Any suggestions for me? Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I have another question, is CL comparable to Disney CL? Lite breakfast, snacks thru day, appetizers in evening and then desserts? Thanks for your help

I viewed the initial pages of post but still have few questions about this hotel. I just booked Portofino CL room. They asked if I had any requests but was unprepared to answer. What kind of request do they honor? Anywhere I can find info on views etc? Also I think she said CL rooms are spread throughout hotel, unlike Disney where they are usually on one floor. Any suggestions for me? Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I have another question, is CL comparable to Disney CL? Lite breakfast, snacks thru day, appetizers in evening and then desserts? Thanks for your help

A simple request to be near the CL would do it unless you ask for a specific view.

Yes, Club offerings are exactly that. Always a hot offering every evening too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter