• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Canavarel hotel

We usually stay at the Homewood Suites in Port Canaveral. Decent pool and good breakfast. (Aside: Don't stay at the Homewood Suites by the Fort Lauderdale airport - it is old and breakfast is the pits.)

There are two Hampton Inns. The one in Cocoa Beach has the walkway to the beach. The one in Cape Canaveral that is attached to the Home2Suites does not, and is not in convenient walkable distance to a beach.

I belong to Hilton’s loyalty program, so I have stayed at the Homewood Suites, Home2Suites, and Hampton Inn near the port. All three are very nice, but the Hampton/Home2 has a nicer pool area. If rates are similar, I usually choose the Home2, but generally I just go with whichever one has the best rate.

If I am staying farther south in Cocoa Beach, I prefer the Hilton Garden Inn over the Hampton or Hilton in that area. The HGI has balconies for most of their rooms (there are a few second floor rooms near the elevator that do not have a balcony), they are right on the beach, and they have a nice on site restaurant. The Hilton does not have balconies at all and the Hampton sits back from the beach (hence the walkway mentioned by the PP). The Cocoa Beach hotels have transportation available to the port just like the Cape Canaveral hotels do.
The Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach does have larger rooms with two beds and a sleeper sofa, for those of us who really need more than two beds in a room.

Where do you typically stay?
I wish I could tell you a “typically.” It’s not that simple.

If we fly and arrive late afternoon or evening, it would be the Hampton Inn at Gateway village just north of the Beachline/ St Road 528. Not the older one at the corner of TG Lee Blvd & Augusta Dr (just personal preference).

Haven’t tried, but would consider the newer Hyatt House next to the Hampton.

With shuttles and dinner in a walkable distance, we can do these without need of a car. Shuttle back to the airport in the morning and use GoPort for $30 pp OW.

We were booked in a Townplace Suites recently, a little farther north, but our late arrival (after midnight) convinced us to give the Hyatt inside the airport a try. It worked out great, getting us in our beds more quickly with less maneuvering (the other hotels’ shuttles stopped at midnight). The thought of standing in humidity at nearly 1 am, waiting for an Uber from airport to hotel and then coming back in the morning just seemed tiring.

If we are going to do a WDW hard ticket party (Halloween, Christmas) the night before a cruise, we might stay at a WDW resort. Last time, it was actually a Hilton timeshare; begore that, it was Pop Century. I try to save more expensive WDW resorts for visits that do not leaving the hotel.

If a car is involved, I would consider the Courtyard or Springfield Suites in the Marriott campus across I-4 from WDW.

If driving down I-95, hotels at the Titusville exit.

The only time I have stayed in Cape/Port Canaveral, it was at the Country Inn & Suites. Our Disboards cruise group for a Transatlantic (Yeah! Loved those groups) stayed there. We had a Meet & Greet the night before the cruise. And that was in 2010.

So many new hotels have been built near the port, but they tend to be more expensive than what I can find in Orlando.

Our transportation, time of arrival, and what seems like a good choice okay into factor. I am in loyalty programs for Hilton, Marriott, and Hyatt. That provides a lot of hotel options.

I usually check TripAdvisor for reviews.

We are two 60+ yo sisters, no kids in tow. Throw in car seats and wrangling littles and choices really change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter