Poppy Ran Me Over With His Scooter - A PHM Trip Report UPDATE!! 7/23 Pg. 21

A stolen MagcBand?! That's different... Your poor mom. All these CM being rude to her because they thought they were dealing with a criminal!

The steaks at LE Cellier are legendary, but I just can't bring myself to spend the credits eating there. Maybe one day.

Oh man, Popadon on the scooter is hilarious. I am not surprised at all that he was doing loops. Any fun loving person would reach that point eventually. Too tempting not to.

Did they give you a fastpass to use on any ride at any time that day for your trouble? When we had to go to Guest Relatoons because DH's Annual Pass and the kids tickets seemed to be missing they gave us an extra fastpass because we had to wait in line. It was nice but next time I'll ask for three and see if I get them. ;)
Sorry no fastpass. I was the first one at Guest relations so didn't have to wait at all.

That pretzel bread though :love:! I've never been to Le Cellier, but I think I have to go just for that!!

The Canada pavilion is so pretty!
All the food looks good; we haven't eaten there in years, I think there are better steak options at WDW.
It's kinda annoying that there are still magic band issues after all this time. I mean, you know it wasn't stolen so the issue HAS to be theirs!

I've only read the first installment but it looks like this trip is going to be so fun! We always go to Disney with lots of family members and I love it because we all get along so well. Seeing Disney through the eyes of someone who has never been is well Magical. I hope this trip is everything you hoped it would be. Oh and congrats on the 1/2 marathon. What a great accomplishment. OK, going back to read the rest.

What a pain for your mom with her magic band. Glad she was able to get it all sorted out.
Great meal at Le Cellier! :)

I have fallen waaayyy behind. I am at your parents arrival in Disney and your visit to EPCOT.

Really nice pictures around AKL with your new toy!

Very cool tribute to EPCOT with your makeup. As someone who doesn't wear any makeup, anytime, I truly envy your dedication and artistry (and your brush collection).

I'm glad to hear your experiences with others reactions to Pop's scooter have been positive so far. But I'm sorry to hear about your mom's problem getting in. Hope it gets resolved quicker than other visits you have had to Guest Services!

:goodvibes:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you were traveling with a criminal element. Does that make you an accomplice?

I'm glad the confusions was resolved without too much trouble and you were able to get on your way to Soarin'. A great start!

Your lunch at Le Cellier looked great!!! My family hasn't been since it changed to a signature.

Glad to you got to say hello to Katt! And that she isn't actually leaving.

And finally- Pop doing donuts in the parking lot is just too funny!!!

:rotfl:

Oh the scooter :moped:made me laugh out loud! I am the same way behind the wheel, I turn a little cray cray! Lunch looks amazing but I agree, not worth 2 TS !

Apparently, her magic band was listed as stolen!
:scared1: Wow, that's a surprise! No wonder you guys can afford to go to Disney so much. :lmao: (Kidding, of course - and that's rotten that the CMs were rude to her. My first ever time using a Magic Band to enter a park was ruined by an unhelpful and unfriendly CM, so I get it).

Scooter Rage. We'll make it a thing.
Haha, same with strollers. Man, there are people that dive over babies without a second thought. :confused3

However, on our way out, this happened. The man is literally driving around in a circle going WWWHHHEEEEEEE!!!!! The one time I don't turn the video on....
Haha, he found a new ride at Epcot! :rotfl2: Mini Test Track perhaps?

Shame on your mom, stealing her own magic band and getting the blue Mickey. But seriously, the CMs could have been a little nicer to her.

I understand where you're coming from on the scooter thing. When I was in the wheelchair Marie had to make tons of sudden stops because people just walk all haphazardly like they don't have to pay attention to anything.

I still need to try Le Cellier. I hear great things about it but the price is really what is holding us back, it does seem very expensive.

Okay the two Katts makes sense as to the waiter's comment.

Artsy pictures are where it's at ;)

I totally understand all of your feelings about people judging the need for a scooter. My mom cannot do the parks without one. She suffered a massive heart attack in 2012 with a trip planned for the following March. Disney is her absolute favorite place to go and she couldn't have done it without her scooter. People are just rude. They pay absolutely no attention to people on the scooters. She often complains of feeling invisible when she is riding it. She suffered a second massive heart attack on the Magical Express Bus on the way to the airport at the end of our last trip in October. The scooter was a lifesaver on this trip as well.

I so love your trip reports and instagram posts! Congrats on the marathons. You are so inspiring. I am so glad that Popadon is doing better! It looks like he really enjoyed his trip.

Following along... I love your writing style, your awesome family and your makeup! (I went back and read your Jan 2014 TR, and I'm following this one and the other you have running currently) :flower1: Decided I should come out of lurkdom... :wave:

Looking forward to more! :surfweb:

Carla

That lunch looks so yummy, I need to try Le Cellier. That's too funny your mom forgot to pack socks for your dad, I did the same thing to my husband on our trip. Reading your trip reports makes me think you guys would be fun to be around, I mean talk about making a scooter fun.

Le Cellier looks SO good. I just can't bring myself to use the two dining credits on it and it makes me so sad! Used to be, and I bet I'm COMPLETELY alone in this one, my favorite restaurant. Before the two credit mess. At least they're not changing it to an Outback...not that I believed THAT April Fool's joke or anything...:rolleyes1

Your dad seems like he is ROCKIN' that scooter! I'm cracking up at those pictures of him driving around in circles!

Forgetting socks... been there done that:rotfl2:! Just an excuse to buy Mickey ones!

So I figured since we are FB friends now I should stop being a creeper and actually comment on your TR ;)

Poppa Don cracks me up! I mean clearly, doing doughnuts in his scooter is better than any ride WDW has to offer :rotfl: You guys all seriously seem like you would be a blast to be in Disneyworld with! Those Le Cellier pics look super yummy! That's actually one of the only TS places in Epcot that I haven't tried - may have to one of these days :scratchin

I can't wait to read more about you running the PHM! I have lost a bunch of weight and although I am still not at my goal weight I want to start a running program. My dream is to run the PHM someday! So you're my inspiration ma'm :cheer2:

Looking forward to the next installment!

Your poor mom! She does look shifty! :sad2:

We love Le Cellier but since they made it two credits, we've not been back. Like you, we enjoy the food but don't feel the credit/cost is worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter