• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Popcron stuffing (Inspired by beccab)

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
Years ago, in what DS calls my "hippie phase", I discovered the book Old Fashioned Recipe Book: An Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery. In it she discusses how to do almost everything yourself. . . such as slaughtering livestock, preserving produce, etc. She included the following recipes. (Talking about Thanksgiving dinner & stuffing made me think of these.)

Turkey Stuffing
Combine:
3 eggs
1 tsp salt & papper
1 green pepper, diced
1 cup celery, diced
2 1/2 cups popcorn, washed (keep in mind she grows her own popcorn, too!)
3 cups uncooked rice, washed
Mix well. Stuff turkey loosely. Put in oven at 350. Bake until popcorn pops & blows the hind end off the turkey.
:D
This made me laugh. What's even better is that someone actually wrote in that they tried it & it didn't work.

Recipe from a Texas Newspaper
1 whole camel, medium-sized
1 whole lamb, large-sized
20 whole chickens, medium-sized
110 gallons of water
5 Tbl black pepper
salt to taste
12 kilos rice
2 kilos pine nuts
2 kilos almonds
1 kilo pistachio nuts
60 eggs
Skin, trim & clean camel, lamb & chickens. Boil until tender - be sure your pot is big enough! Cook rice until fluffy. Fry nuts until brown & mix with rice. Hard boil the eggs & peel. Stuff the chickens with the eggs & rice. Stuff the lamb with 5 of the chickens & some rice. Stuff the camel with the lamb & more rice. Broil in a large tray & place the camel on top. Place remaining stuffed chickens around the camel. Decorate rice with boiled eggs & nuts.
This recipe is great if you're tired of the same old turkey or ham for holiday dinners.It's guaranteed to excite ohs & ahs from your guests & it's so delicious that you won't have to worry about leftovers!

What a hoot!
:D Funny, though - no one ever admitted to trying the second recipe!

LOL I can see that turkey exploding now!

You just about had me hooked like a fish. As I was reading I was thinking, how could that possibly work.

I have an old cookbook of my mom's that says that you will know when the turkey is done when you shake hands with it and the leg comes off in your hand.

chessie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter