Pop Century vs. Caribbean Beach

buzz1523

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My spouse and I are planning a DW trip now for the coming spring. We are set on either Pop Century (PC) or Caribbean Beach (CB). I know PC is a value hotel with a more "kiddie/Mickey" type feel while CB is a moderate with a more island "adult" feel. Being in Disney we don't have about the "kiddie" feel as we want to be immersed in Disney. To me it seems like the CB rooms are very dark looking while the rooms at PC seem more chipper. However, I like the CB property from the photos I see. It makes you feel like you're on a beach vacation too.

We've never been to either so a more experienced person might be able to provide more insight on which to choose. From what I hear PC is a little more "upscale" for a Value resort when compared to the All-Star Resorts. Any input?

I know both have access to the Skyline which is a PLUS! Also, we'll barely be in our rooms and we don't even need any pool days or hotel lounging - so we take that into consideration too.

Thank you!

Pop had a more recent room refurb. The rooms are slightly bigger than what you get at All Stars. They are redoing the All Stars to have same sort of room style that Pop has. There’s just a food court for dining. One big pool with pool bar and 2 other pool areas ( computer and bowling pin). You are on Skyliner but you have to connect to CBR first then transfer to Epcot or HS lines.

Caribbean Beach is very spread out. Has different sections named for Caribbean Islands. Has QS food court but also Table Service restaurant. The rooms have not been updated recently. Has a large theme pool with slide and hot tub and multiple other smaller pools. Caribbean Beach is the hub of the Skyliner system so you can just get directly on the HS or Epcot line. Don’t have to make a connection like you do from Pop.

Hi all,

My spouse and I are planning a DW trip now for the coming spring. We are set on either Pop Century (PC) or Caribbean Beach (CB). I know PC is a value hotel with a more "kiddie/Mickey" type feel while CB is a moderate with a more island "adult" feel. Being in Disney we don't have about the "kiddie" feel as we want to be immersed in Disney. To me it seems like the CB rooms are very dark looking while the rooms at PC seem more chipper. However, I like the CB property from the photos I see. It makes you feel like you're on a beach vacation too.

We've never been to either so a more experienced person might be able to provide more insight on which to choose. From what I hear PC is a little more "upscale" for a Value resort when compared to the All-Star Resorts. Any input?

I know both have access to the Skyline which is a PLUS! Also, we'll barely be in our rooms and we don't even need any pool days or hotel lounging - so we take that into consideration too.

Thank you!
My opinions of hotels typically involve how much use you're getting out of the room and amenities of the resort. That being said, if you're planning open to close park days, I'd say unless you get a really good discount for CBR, you're better off just going to Pop century.

We've stayed at CBR and AoA and also had a Pop stay planned. In my opinion, there isn't much of a difference between rooms. Just differences in resort amenities, which PP touched on.

PP also stated CBR hasn't been updated recently. That's not entirely true, the rooms were refurbished in 2018 just before our stay there. Overall, depends on your definition of recent.

Anyway, I'd save CBR for a future trip when you think you might want to slow down, relax and enjoy the resort more.

Thank you both so much for your input. That definitely helps us out a lot! Much appreciated :)

Just to add, at either one, there is another resort that you can easily walk over and eat at their food courts, or if they have restaurants. AoA at Pop with food court —But… at CBR it’s the Riviera!! As someone who likes to walk around and explore resorts ( and would love having Primo Piatta) , that closeness to the Riviera would be appealing.

We have stayed at CBR and AoA. CBR has a much better "resort" feel. The direct access to the Skyliner without making transfers, and the proximity to the Riviera is great. However, I'm not sure I'd spend the extra money if I didn't plan on enjoying the "island" feel. The rooms are dark, very, annoyingly, dark. But for the rest of the resort, the Riviera, and the skyliner, I'm heading back in June.

I had this exact same dilemma for my September trip. I ended up switching from Pop to CB for about $300 more (4 nt trip) and was very happy about my decision. We were right next to the Skyliner station and it was so easy to get to where we wanted to go without having to switch Skyliner cars. While CB is spread out, it was very easy to get around and being able to walk to Riviera was a nice bonus. My son preferred the quiet pool right by our room because most of the time he was the only person in the pool. We ate at the QS several times, as well as the pool restaurant and enjoyed our meals.

Benefits of CBR are the Skyliner for sure, although if you are staying down in Trinidad, the Riviera and the main pool are a bit of a hike. The rooms are not great at CBR in my opinion, so if there is a major price difference I would stay at Pop. The CBR rooms are small and dark.

We are in the Value or Deluxe group now. Moderates for the cost just don't do it for us when it's just the 2 of us. I will say if you can get a preferred room at POP go for it we were in the 90's section and we might have been in Georgia lol super far from everything. We did enjoy cocktails at the Bar Riva at the Rivera for sure.

If you decide to rule out CBR (I have no experience there) and go for Pop based on what you said about not using any of the hotel amenities or pools maybe it would be worthwhile to check out the two All Stars that are open. The rooms at Music are brand new with Movies done within that last few years and the rooms at both are identical to Pop. It really comes down to what value you put on using the Skyliner. I have stayed at both and although I love Pop I really do not find it any more upscale than the All Stars. Actually, it is a much larger resort with many more rooms than any one All Star and is always very "busy." Every time I have planned out a trip Pop is usually $40-$50 more expensive per night, this after the skyliner came into existence, so All Star Music always wins out for us. Have fun planning your trip and have a wonderful time.

Edited: Sorry, I just saw that you said you were set on CBR or PC and having stayed at PC four times it really is a wonderful and fun resort. You cannot go wrong.

Last edited:
We are in the Value or Deluxe group now. Moderates for the cost just don't do it for us when it's just the 2 of us. I will say if you can get a preferred room at POP go for it we were in the 90's section and we might have been in Georgia lol super far from everything. We did enjoy cocktails at the Bar Riva at the Rivera for sure.
I agree. I don’t have much experience with the moderate resorts other than CBR, but the value for money doesn’t really make sense to us. On resort days, I’d rather pay more for Poly and feel like I was getting a better value.

I agree. I don’t have much experience with the moderate resorts other than CBR, but the value for money doesn’t really make sense to us. On resort days, I’d rather pay more for Poly and feel like I was getting a better value.

Definitely. Paying $900 a night at Poly vs $320 a night at CBR is the big deciding factor.

Heck, if I am going to pay $900 a night, I am going to stay at the Four Seasons again.

I stayed at Pop once and had fun but would not stay there again. We are staying at CBR this next trip just because of the skyliner and being close to Riviera. Plus, the $320 a night price point was in the budget.

I've been to both and like both.

When wondering about whether to book a value I picture the bed sprinkled with cash each morning to make up the difference in price between the two resorts. For me, value always won. (I tend to be frugal.)

My new game has been to stay at a different resort each time (I think I'm up to 15 different ones). Prices have gotten so crazy lately that my frugal side really wants to stay at Pop while my adventure side wants to finish off my list of resorts.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Pop. After all, it's Disney! :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hi all,

Thank you!

Let me start by saying that I feel like Pop Century is the best "bang for your buck" resort on all of WDW property. We stay in the 50's building and it doesn't feel "kiddie" to us but the resort theming is meant to be over the top in a good way. We absolutely love this resort and it's great being just across the bridge from Art of Animation so you can explore that resort too with a short walk.

I have never stayed at Caribbean Beach but I have visited that resort in the past. Very nice resort but probably our least favorite of the moderates we have visited. The biggest thing for me is that it is incredibly spread out and has the feel of one of the 100+ time shares you can stay at in the Orlando area.

I am definitely biased towards Pop Century as it has become our absolute favorite resort but I always recommend it highly to friends and family and they have never been disappointed.

Benefits of CBR are the Skyliner for sure, although if you are staying down in Trinidad, the Riviera and the main pool are a bit of a hike. The rooms are not great at CBR in my opinion, so if there is a major price difference I would stay at Pop. The CBR rooms are small and dark.
Both CBR and Pop have access to the Skyliner.

We are a Pop family as we use the resort for sleeping, swimming and quick service dining. If we spent more time at the resort we might be more tempted to look at CBR but for us Pop is perfect! Fresh, bright, refurbished rooms with lots of storage. Great transportation options both for buses and Skyliner although the one drawback to Pop buses is their stops are normally furthest from park entrance.

Since you'll barely be in the room, I'd go Pop or AoA. I love the Little Mermaid room. :)

I like CB, the pool is awesome and the food is better. But none of that is worth paying extra for if you won't use it. I can handle an extra Skyliner transfer for less money.

While Ive never stayed at CBR, my family absolutely loved staying at Pop Cent this past Christmas. The rooms were beautifully updated with comfy queen sized beds, and bright clean decor. We also had a very short walk to the skyliner and was very convenient and quick for mid day breaks if needed. The transit times seemed short to Epcot and DHS though we had to transfer at the CBR hub. Ive never had a desire to stay at CBR because of how spread out it is, and we spend all day at the parks and not the hotel. Also, shout out for pot roast --is very tasty and satisfying at the counter service at Pop.

Pop would be my vote because CB is really spread out. Pretty much any room you get at Pop is a fairly easy walk to the bus or Skyliner. That can't be said for many of the rooms at CB. If you plan on spending time at the pool or resort then CB might be a better choice, but if your main reason to be there is to be in the parks then Pop would win every time. There are no elevators to CB rooms, so if anyone in your party has mobility issues you would need to request a ground floor room. Pop does have elevators.

Pop would be my vote because CB is really spread out. Pretty much any room you get at Pop is a fairly easy walk to the bus or Skyliner. That can't be said for many of the rooms at CB. If you plan on spending time at the pool or resort then CB might be a better choice, but if your main reason to be there is to be in the parks then Pop would win every time. There are no elevators to CB rooms, so if anyone in your party has mobility issues you would need to request a ground floor room. Pop does have elevators.
From my understanding, if you request a standard room, or one with the extra bed, you will be in one of the two viliages next to the Skyliner. I’ll know for sure tomorrow night!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest