Pool-Hopping and DVC member ID?

BraveMom3

DIS Veteran
I understand one of the benefits of being a DVC member, is that you have access to any of the resort pools (even the non-DVC resorts), and that you need to have your DVC Member ID with you when you do so. Do you get one ID for your entire family, or does each family member get one? Do you have to prove that you are, in fact, a REGISTERED GUEST at a resort, or just that you are a DVC Member?

Thanks. Trying to work out some of the kinks!!:D :bounce: :pinkbounc

Pool hopping is available to a DVC member and his guests while staying at a DVC resort. When you check in as a DVC member, your room key (and the ones for everyone else in the party) will have a statement on it "DVC Member" and that is all you need to pool hop.

Pool hopping can have restrictions--for example there are times of year when it may be prohibited (like Easter weeks and July 4 week).

Maybe Drusba can verify this. But I think you can only poolhop if you are staying on points. If you are paying cash for a room, like AKL, then you can not pool hopp. Can anybody else verify this.

Scott and Peg

But I think you can only poolhop if you are staying on points. If you are paying cash for a room, like AKL, then you can not pool hopp.

As drusba mentioned, pool hopping is for DVC members and guests staying on points. Your room ID will identify you (and guests) as "DVC Member", which will allow you to pool hop.

When paying cash at another resort, your resort ID will not say "DVC Member", so pool hopping will not be allowed. Our DVC membership card is not accepted for pool hopping. We must be able to demonstrate that we are staying onsite on points.

Enjoy!

AKL has not been approved for pool hopping as of yet. Maybe someday it will.

Is it safe to assume that since you can use the pool, you can park your car at the resort? Also, does your DVC member card provide parking at resorts if you're NOT staying on points. We'll be doing both next summer (paying & staying with points, that is) and I had hoped to do a good bit of pool hopping during the first four days when we are paying cash.

Pool hopping is only available to members while staying on points. Your DVC membership card alone is not enough. You will need a resort ID stating "DVC Member".

Parking at parks is NOT a DVC privilege- it is included for anyone staying at a WDW resort. Parking at other resorts is at the discretion of the resort. If you have a WDW parking pass, they may allow parking.

DVC members do get to use free valet service at DVC resorts, but not at other WDW resorts.

Enjoy!

I will be renting points from a DVC member in Oct at BWV. Will I be entitled to pool hop and complementary valet parking at BWV? Thanks, Jo

Will I be entitled to pool hop and complementary valet parking at BWV?

Technically, no. Renters are not entitled to DVC member privileges. However, if your room ID states "DVC Member" you will be allowed to pool hop.

Good Luck!

Since you'll need valid 'DVC Member' resort IDs for your family to pool hop, this is another reason not to have 'extra' guests in your room. ;)

Originally posted by clarkgriswold
Is it safe to assume that since you can use the pool, you can park your car at the resort? Also, does your DVC member card provide parking at resorts if you're NOT staying on points. We'll be doing both next summer (paying & staying with points, that is) and I had hoped to do a good bit of pool hopping during the first four days when we are paying cash.
Maybe, apparently the Contemporary sometimes and occasionally the Poly turn guests away for parking who are DVC members interested in pool hopping.

Dean's point about being turned away from the Contemporary and Poly when trying to park and legally pool hop is a good point. I would make a meal reservation as a backup if I was planning to legally pool hop to a monorail resort and didn't want to take the chance of an arrogant and/or uninformed security guard messing up my plans by saying that I can't park my car there while pool hopping but instead must take Disney transportation. I have seen a few posts in the distant past where this happened to folks. I would even mention the pool hopping and would just state my reason as dining with a reservation. Not trying to cheat but so many cms don't even know what the DVC is, much less, pool hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter