Poncho or Rain Coat?

Ugh. I had on Sketchers Go Walks and my feet were so wet all day. I don’t know what the solution for shoes is. I don't like slipping around in flip flops either. Maybe Tevas if you have a pair that are broken in. The streets were literally flooded on Monday. Puddles were almost impossible to avoid.

I was happy with a light raincoat and umbrella for the heaviest rain. DS just did a hat and imbrella. He says he was dry in his leather sneakers.

Yes. I wear my Tevas when it's going to rain. Which works very well. But I don't wear sneakers in the first place. Sandals all the way for me in warm weather.

We do ponchos. Disposable just to have in the backpack in case of pop-up rain and nicer, Disney ponchos in case of more persistent rain.

Just got back last night from a six day rainy trip. I always used a poncho but this time I used a rain coat. It rained so hard for so long I think I would have gotten wet using either, but I did get wet with the raincoat. Sometimes the rain went right through it as it rained so hard. As for the shoes, squishy and wet the whole time. And stinky! My smart daughter wore Tevas and was fine.

Disney makes a huge effort to sort and recycle, so I am sure if it can be recycled, it is. That said these are super thin, like a trash bag. I’m not worried about throwing away 2, maybe 4 trash bags from being caught in a storm on vacation. People throw away FAR worse. We are very lean at home with what goes truly in the trash.
That’s just a weird thing to say anyways, how many people buy those Mickey ponchos and then throw them out when they inevitably rip? :sad2:

We bought ponchos at Walt Disney World on our first trip in 2012. We still have the same ponchos, except for one, and have been going a few times a year. We replaced the one poncho, because it was a child's size, and our son is almost as tall as me now. They are incredibly durable and worth the money. We actually use them at Universal and on other occasions when we want ponchos instead of raincoats. One of the best purchases I have made in a while. Boy, that's sad when I am so excited about a ponchoo_O Or maybe I am just easily pleased. Yes, that's it;)

We went last June and it rained hard every day, almost all day.

I bought a Frog Togg rain suit. Cut the pants into shorts and the sleeves off of the rain jacket. I also used a small umbrella to keep the rain off of my head and face.

I have a Columbia jacket that the outer shell is a waterproof rain coat. It has been put to the test a few times and has kept me completely dry. It also has some ventilation mesh (under the armpit area) so it doesn't get super hot either.

I had on Sketchers Go Walks and my feet were so wet all day.

Were they the polyester kind with the foam soles? Did you wear them with socks? I've been thinking about getting the Skechers Go Walks and wearing them without socks on days they are calling for rain during our trip. I hate when my socks and sneakers get wet and they take forever to dry. I thought at least the Skechers were lightweight and of a polyester-like material so maybe they'd dry faster than sneakers. I think I'm picturing like water shoes.

To answer the question at hand, we opt for rain jackets. I have a North Face one with vents under the arm that unzipper for air. The hood stays up securely. Works best for us and easier to manage and take on/off than a poncho.

Were they the polyester kind with the foam soles? Did you wear them with socks? I've been thinking about getting the Skechers Go Walks and wearing them without socks on days they are calling for rain during our trip. I hate when my socks and sneakers get wet and they take forever to dry. I thought at least the Skechers were lightweight and of a polyester-like material so maybe they'd dry faster than sneakers. I think I'm picturing like water shoes.

They are a woven poly material with a foam sole. They are great park shoes!! Super light weight. The tops dried quickly. The foam insole was like a sponge in the rain. And they did not smell good at the end of the day after being wet for ten hours (and I wasn’t sweaty and my shoes are usually not stinky). I did not wear socks but you could definitely wear those little socks you wear with flats (pedipeds?).

Florida is likely to have a cyclone this weekend with 2-8" of rain.

The most fun we have ever had in a theme park was when a hurricane downgraded to a tropical storm crossed the state. We dressed in rain gear and did Epcot. The driving rain was falling horizon. No one was there! We couldn't have laughed harder. The next day we did MK. At noon on a Saturday a CM told us there were only 500 guests in the park. Everything was a walk on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter