Poly rm 1029 moorea not lake view!

glencoe

DIS Veteran
First- I did online check in...once online (chose high floor), second time with a CM directly again asking high floor due to this being a mostly resort stay, no parks except 1-2 half days. Everything set.

At the airport, (6pm flight-9pm arrival) I noticed we still did not have our room (4:40pm) which sometimes that can happen, however I called just to confirm. Apparently I NEVER checked in ??? So my room was ready....first floor. When I asked if possibly anything else the CM basically said nope, that was all their was, didn't know what happened with my online check in. Oh well I figured we could watch stuff from the beaches, not a huge issue...So I thought.

Room 1029 Moorea. This is not a lake view category room. Be aware. It is in a nook set back (Moorea is not a straight line building, at one section it sets back). So this room view (sorry no pics yet) was a wooden divider that extended from the left of the lanai and wrapped partially, then the 3 story building stuck further out past that, mid-high bushes extended past the lanai in front and of course, bungalows. If you stood up and looked to the right past the lanai you could see the water where the ferry is. I used to see more of a lake view from Samoa,not having to try that hard!
I did not mind the ferry horn, or announcements from the ferry that could be heard clearly from the lanai (in the room the sound was not bad though), but lake view points for this??? AUGH!

Since this was a mostly resort stay (did I say that already ;)), enjoying the lanai and view, I was disappointed. If we were hitting the parks and coming back and crashing.....it probably wouldn't be that bad, but it was for hanging.

Went to front desk...very nice CM....since it was late they left a note for someone the next day. I should check back in the morning. Ok, maybe this might work, off I went. The next morning I called....the CM was very helpful and understanding. She checked and found a better room. 2nd floor rm 2020-

This room was awesome...we loved our stay, and spent alot of time in our room.
So to confirm room 1029 should not be lake view. The other first floor rooms seem to be fine, even with the bungalow's blocking, but 1029 stuck in that nook needs to be evaluated further.
Room 2020 is lake view. Worth the points!!

I am happy you got a better view! Please mention your opinion to DVC. I hope they take your suggestion.

If enough people complain they can change the rooms category if they want to. We stayed at Kidani and got the savanna view of the pool equipment building, had a meeting with the resort manager in our room and months later, those rooms were changed to standard view rooms.

:earsboy: Bill

IMO it's questionable if all but a couple of the rooms on the first floor in Moorea should be considered lakeview. There's a drastic difference between almost all of them and the 2nd and 3rd floor rooms.

We've stayed in Room 2020 before and definitely agree that it is a great view. Worth the points splurge here and there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter