poly club level vs. portofino club level

cbonebt

Mouseketeer
Can anyone compare the menu choices for these two club levels? we thought the Portofino was fantastic but not sure if poly offers safe amounts of night time offerings? thanks

i haven’t stayed at either of these resorts so i’m not sure if my post will be specific enough. but we’ve stayed CL at GF and at Hard Rock. My very general feedback is that disney food was better, Hard Rock drinks were better (**very** generous). i hope someone can help with comparing these two resorts more specifically though.

Im not opposed to paying more for extra services(we do Disney up-charge activities all the time) but I cant quite wrap by head around the appeal of CL vs the cost. Maybe somebody can sell me on it.

the universal evening offerings are completely a meal (chafing dishes... meat... pasta...veg).... im trying to see what Disney club is like? we dont drink so it really is all about the breakfast and dinner options for us

I haven't stayed at Universal, but I can speak for the Poly Club. My family was not impressed by it. The breakfast offerings included oatmeal, cold cereal/milk, bagels, two kinds of pastries, fruit, juice and coffee. The options got old after a few days. At lunch, they had chicken or shrimp lettuce wraps, chips, veggies & dip, cookies, and rotating snack mixes. It was decent. Appetizers included a few bite sized things, veggies & dip, cheese & crackers, pb&j, fruit, beer & wine. Not very kid friendly and not very accommodating for other options. Definitely not a meal replacement. I can't recall the details of the desserts, so that gives you an idea of the impression it left on us.

I've stayed CL before and I was surprised when I had to hunt someone down each day for soy milk for my son. They seemed inconvenienced because I asked for something that wasn't out. Other places, remember your special requests and ask you when they see you. We stayed at the YC, AKL, and GF and our experiences there were so different. At the YC, they have rotating hot items at breakfast - frittatas, quiche, crepes; a chafing dish of an entrée at dinner 9roast beef, BBQ pork, salmon); mimosas on Sunday. GF has a full tea in the afternoon and a kids section with hot items every day. AKL had a chef preparing appetizers each evening.

Im not opposed to paying more for extra services(we do Disney up-charge activities all the time) but I cant quite wrap by head around the appeal of CL vs the cost. Maybe somebody can sell me on it.

Same way I view it. There are several older threads on this common topic. Some seem to think they are getting free 'meals' on the Club Level and therefore save money by not eating at restaurants. You also need to actually be at the resort (vs. in a park) at those meal times to take advantage of it. I guess breakfast makes sense, but for mostly snacks and to sit in some fancier furniture the rest of the day, I don't see the value.

Reminds me of the those airport lounges major airlines have. When I travel on company business, they pay for use of the lounge, but I wouldn't pay $200-400 per year on my own to sit in a private area and eat cheese/crackers and perhaps have a free cocktail, but apparently some find that appealing.

If it was numerous years ago, you could get various discounts if you booked around 12 months out and you could calculate the value of spending a little more to get CL as a deal. Once those discounts disappeared, CL offering were main streamed and reduced, CL no longer made financial sense anymore, but there are always a new wave of new WDW customers who pay the price. We now find the greater value in providing each member of the family some extra Disney spending cash to spend how they desire.

If it was numerous years ago, you could get various discounts if you booked around 12 months out and you could calculate the value of spending a little more to get CL as a deal. Once those discounts disappeared, CL offering were main streamed and reduced, CL no longer made financial sense anymore, but there are always a new wave of new WDW customers who pay the price. We now find the greater value in providing each member of the family some extra Disney spending cash to spend how they desire.

Yeah wed rather upgrade to a one or two bedroom villas for the same cost as CL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter