POLL: Hotel/Housekeeping tipping amount @ DLR

How much do you tip per night for DLR/DLR-area hotel housekeeping staff? (select up to 3 options)

• $0 / I do not regularly tip

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • $1-5 / night

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • $6-10 / night

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • $11-$20 / night

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • $21 - $30 / night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $31 - $50 / night

• $51+ / night

• Comment: I only tip when I receive above average/exceptional service

• Comment: I tip one amount for any service, but more if I receive better service

• Comment: My tipping is sporadic, I tip when I happen to have cash, but I will not seek out an ATM

• Total voters

PirateBrigade

Yarrrr
How much do you tip per night for DLR/DLR-area hotel housekeeping staff?

Disneyland specific poll here primarily about on-park or off-park hotel stays, or just Southern California in general. Other questions you can answer in the thread below -- How much do you leave on the night stand per night? Do you tip each night, or all at the end? Do you leave the money in the room, or do you go find the housekeeping staff member while they're in the hallways in the morning and directly hand it over? What barriers to tipping have you encountered (e.g. no available ATM, ATM fees too high, never carry cash, personal belief against tipping, etc...)

This is for housekeeping only -- tipping for room service, valet, dining, concierge, bellhop, and poolside service is not included in this discussion.

I didn't answer the poll because none of the choices really fit how I tip.

I stay at DVC so I get very limited housekeeping, even less now than we used to get pre-pandemic. I believe this is true for the Disney hotels as well, but I don't know what schedule they follow.

I usually stay in a 1-bedroom and tip only on days with actual housekeeping service. Since I'm just one person and fairly neat, I tip $10 for those day(s). I also tip on checkout day.

If you're staying in a hotel vs. a timeshare, it's better to tip by day instead of all at the end because you many not have the same person cleaning your room every time.

I leave the money in an envelope if I remember to bring them, or under a note marked "For Housekeeping." One thing I worry about is if no one comes on the housekeeping day, that the person who comes for trash/security check will take it instead of the person who does the majority of the work. Because of that, I try to leave the tip on the bedside table farthest from the bathroom. Not fool proof, but I can't think of a better option.

I try to remember to bring cash, but I know I can go to the front desk to get change if I need it.

I leave a tip daily, on the bathroom counter where the soap/shampoo stuff is. Depending on the room we are in (size) the tip is between $5 and $15 a day. Then if wee stay a while (like at CHristmas where we are there 2 weeks, or summer whene we are there a week, I will leave double on check out day. Thanksgiving and Christmas get $50.

For 2 of us, I normally leave $5/day. I don't need my bedding changed or the room cleaned, I just want the trashes emptied and fresh towels every other day. And chocolates on my pillow :)

If we're a larger group or have necessitated a bigger clean-up (like maybe sharing tiki rums in the room with friends, opening gifts, etc), I try to minimize the mess myself and I leave a much bigger tip.

I usually decline housekeeping during my stay. Before I check out, I leave a tip of $5/day, so usually $25-$40, more if it's around the holidays.

Mine is variable and honestly depends on what type of bills I have on me. I tip anywhere from $5-$20 per night. My preferred is $10/night.

I leave the tip in an area that is going to be checked for replenishment such as the toiletries or the coffee service. And, I normally only tip when I am on my way out.

At every hotel with daily housekeeping, I tip $2/person/day. I tip $5 minimum. I leave it on the pillow every morning.

When there is no full housekeeping, like currently at the DLR hotels, I will approach a housekeeper in the hallway with a few dollars and ask for what I need "for room XXXX." This got us extra towels and toiletries and the trash taken away from our room twice a day on our last stay last summer when they were not doing ANYTHING on stays less than a week.

Mine is variable and honestly depends on what type of bills I have on me. I tip anywhere from $5-$20 per night. My preferred is $10/night.

I leave the tip in an area that is going to be checked for replenishment such as the toiletries or the coffee service. And, I normally only tip when I am on my way out.
Only issue with leaving it on your last day is housekeeping doesn't tip share. So, while the housekeepers day one thru three may have given you great service, the housekeeper is getting the tip on the last day. I know housekeepers at DLH who will tell you that Sunday is the most popular day to work, because that is a big check out day, and the biggest tip day. When we were there for 12 days over Christmas, G was our housekeeper for 9 of those days. But if I had left the tip only on check out day, G wouldn't have gotten the tip because she was off that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter