Points transferring question

irazabul

Mouseketeer
This may sound like a dumb question, so apologies in advance. Can you transfer points now if you are all current on your dues if the points won't get loaded until April 2021? I know you can make reservations when the points aren't in your account yet.

At any given time, you can transfer points in the use year you are currently in or your next use year. So points in your April 2021 use year can be transferred now.

All years of your points are in your account when the purchase is completed and your account set up. You just can't use a particular set to make a reservation until the booking window opens for your vacation dates.

You can transfer points to or from your current use year and the next. Since you are currently in your 2020 use year, yes, you can transfer your 2021 use year points now. On 4/1/2021, you could transfer your 2022 points .

And the points will retain their booking rights for home resort and UY. The nice thing about them showing up online now, is that if they are not valid for the trip, the temporary contract they are in won’t show up as a choice.

And the points will retain their booking rights for home resort and UY. The nice thing about them showing up online now, is that if they are not valid for the trip, the temporary contract they are in won’t show up as a choice.
What is the advantage of me transferring points ahead of time to myself. I have two different contracts - one is May and the other is August Use Yr. I need additional points to book more nights for a stay using my May contract. If I can't use the August points for that trip until 7-months, wouldn't it be easier to add the additional nights using the August contract and then linking on to the trip that used May UYr?

What is the advantage of me transferring points ahead of time to myself. I have two different contracts - one is May and the other is August Use Yr. I need additional points to book more nights for a stay using my May contract. If I can't use the August points for that trip until 7-months, wouldn't it be easier to add the additional nights using the August contract and then linking on to the trip that used May UYr?

There is not a May UY so do you mean June? The only benefit to transfer from one membership to the other is that you can use together to book one reservation using all the points. If different resorts, at 7 months. Same resorts at 11 months.

If you don’t transfer than you have to book some nights on one and some on the other and then have MS make a note it so you don’t have to move rooms.

The key is you need to make sure the points are valid for the stay you want once transferred.

There is not a May UY so do you mean June? The only benefit to transfer from one membership to the other is that you can use together to book one reservation using all the points. If different resorts, at 7 months. Same resorts at 11 months.

If you don’t transfer than you have to book some nights on one and some on the other and then have MS make a note it so you don’t have to move rooms.

The key is you need to make sure the points are valid for the stay you want once transferred.
Yes it is June -- and thanks for clarifying, I will have to think what I want to do. This is for Dec 21-26, so I know that a lot of popular rooms/resorts will go quickly at 7-months.

Jumping on this thread to ask another Transfer question. Once transferred, can you borrow the transferred points? Specifically, if in March 2021 I transfer my half of my March 2022 points from contract 1 to contract 2, would I be able to borrow some of those those transferred points to book a vacation before March 2022 with contract 2? Or are they only useable in their assigned use year?

Jumping on this thread to ask another Transfer question. Once transferred, can you borrow the transferred points? Specifically, if in March 2021 I transfer my half of my March 2022 points from contract 1 to contract 2, would I be able to borrow some of those those transferred points to book a vacation before March 2022 with contract 2? Or are they only useable in their assigned use year?

Transfer is when you move points from one membership to another membership, not contracts.

So, if you own one UY...March...doesn’t matter how many contracts the points are in, you would not be transferring

In your example, you simply would be borrowing your March 2022 UY points for a trip taking place in your 2021 UY...currently restricted to 50% of each contract.

Now, if you had two UY...say, March and June, then you would need to transfer and the points go into the membership in a virtual contract and keep their own home resort, banking window and use, Once transferred, you can not borrow them for a trip, but can bank forward.

Now, if you had two UY...say, March and June, then you would need to transfer and the points go into the membership in a virtual contract and keep their own home resort, banking window and use, Once transferred, you can not borrow them for a trip, but can bank forward.

thanks. This part answers my question!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!