Points after resale closing?

Beesknees6

Mouseketeer
Wondering how soon your points showed up in your acct after closing? Does it make it any faster since it’s the same resort and UY? We closed yesterday on a resale and wondering how long it’ll be before it’ll be combined with our direct points in our account?

If you're already in the system, I think it was 7-10 days from deed recording?

Ok... That’s about what the last one took. I had hoped that since this one was the same resort that somehow it would’ve made it faster I guess

The Title Company received my paperwork before they seller's.

Five days after Title Company received seller's paperwork: deed was recorded.

Twelve days after Title Company received seller's paperwork: points were in my account.

Already an owner, same Use Year, different home resort.

Last edited:
Wondering how soon your points showed up in your acct after closing? Does it make it any faster since it’s the same resort and UY? We closed yesterday on a resale and wondering how long it’ll be before it’ll be combined with our direct points in our account?

The points will be in the system quicker if you are already a member and purchased the same use year and titled it the same as your other ownership.

The points will be in the system quicker if you are already a member and purchased the same use year and titled it the same as your other ownership.
Good to know! So, if it’s approx 7-10 days otherwise, I might possibly see them when? Or I guess i shouldn’t assume... could be 7-10 days for me in my situation?

Last edited:
Good to know! So, if it’s approx 7-10 days otherwise, I might possibly see them when? Or I guess i shouldn’t assume... could be 7-10 days for me in my situation?

Yes still could be 7-10 days. My recent was 7 or maybe 8 days. A resort and UY I already owned. It's really when they get to it IMO so could be sooner too. Might even be a little longer.

I suppose we were lucky but we bought a second contract, same resort, titled the same but different UY, and the points were in the new membership 2 days after it was recorded on OCC. Incidentally, the new membership had been established a day or two prior to that but not “funded” yet with points.

I suppose we were lucky but we bought a second contract, same resort, titled the same but different UY, and the points were in the new membership 2 days after it was recorded on OCC. Incidentally, the new membership had been established a day or two prior to that but not “funded” yet with points.
Wow! That is crazy fast

Wow! That is crazy fast
Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. The email indicating we closed was dated the 28th, but I have to believe it had actually occurred somewhat earlier for OCC recording and points to have been so close together. This transaction in total was about a month quicker than our original in late spring ‘17.

If you are not a member or are purchasing a different use year, which will issue a new membership number, then it typically takes 14 days for the transfer to occur. If you are already a member, purchasing the same use year and the points will be added to your existing membership, it may shorten the timeline by a few days. The 7-10 days would be a good estimate. Enjoy the new points!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter