PLEASE,,,,,Stop calling Beach Club & Boardwalk EPCOT resorts.

Stargazer65

Disney Honorary Bus Driver since 2009
You can’t take the Monorail to get there. It's not a true EPCOT resort unless you can take the monorail to get there. So that leaves out Riviera, CBR, AA, Pop as well. But BC & Boardwalk are the absolute worst. They have no good transportation to get there, it's like...you have to walk or something, and then you have to sneak in the back door at World Showcase. BLT/POLY/VGF are the only TRUE EPCOT resorts.

You can’t take the Monorail to get there. It's not a true EPCOT resort unless you can take the monorail to get there. So that leaves out Riviera, CBR, AA, Pop as well. But BC & Boardwalk are the absolute worst. They have no good transportation to get there, it's like...you have to walk or something, and then you have to sneak in the back door at World Showcase. BLT/POLY/VGF are the only TRUE EPCOT resorts.
Funny story:

I was at MK a week or so ago to get some shopping done before we headed home the next day. I decided to head back to Epcot via the Monorail, then walk through the park to get back to BCV. As a result of adding trains and a delay at the TTC transfer platform, I didn't get back in time before the soft close at 9 PM at Epcot, and they wouldn't let me in, even to just walk through the park. As you may know, there is no bus to BCV, BWV or YC from Epcot so my choices were: get an Uber, or take a bus to HS, and then the Skyliner or a bus BACK to BCV.

Took the Uber.

Funny story:

I was at MK a week or so ago to get some shopping done before we headed home the next day. I decided to head back to Epcot via the Monorail, then walk through the park to get back to BCV. As a result of adding trains and a delay at the TTC transfer platform, I didn't get back in time before the soft close at 9 PM at Epcot, and they wouldn't let me in, even to just walk through the park. As you may know, there is no bus to BCV, BWV or YC from Epcot so my choices were: get an Uber, or take a bus to HS, and then the Skyliner or a bus BACK to BCV.

Took the Uber.
See.

The only true park resort is Ft Wilderness where you can bring your RV and park.

Another pet peeve...people are loosely calling GF, CR, WL, Poly MK resorts just because they're near MK...the ONLY MK resort is the suite in Cinderella Castle. Everything else is OUTSIDE the park and cannot be considered a TRUE MK resort.

I maintain that absolutely the only park-linked resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Is there a Magic Kingdom Lodge? No. Is there an Epcot Lodge? No. Is there a Disney Hollywood Studios Lodge? Ditto.

I rest my case. 😏

Last edited:
I do think it's silly to define a resort not based on which park is nearest but on whether one can walk to it. Until recently, CR/BLT were the only resorts where one could walk to MK. Yet plenty of folks were DVC members at Poly/VGF/CCV/BRV because they specifically wanted a MK resort.

ETA: also, why does this matter so much? Use your point at the resort you like for whatever reasons you like, regardless of how Disney groups them. :)

ETA: also, why does this matter so much?

You dare to question the earthshaking significance of this park resort/NOT park resort issue?
(WELL! the nerve! <huff...huff>)
Use your point at the resort you like for whatever reasons you like, regardless of how Disney groups them. :)

Forty lashes with day-old Tony's spaghetti for making a sober remark on a hitherto frivolous topic.

Aww, too much trouble to walk to the park?
How do we get into these conversations anyway? Like the Watch thread. Who cares?

All I care about is how much of a hassle it is for me to get to a park. I’d call Jacksonville an Epcot area resort if they could put me in a tube and shoot me there in under 10 minutes.

All I care about is how much of a hassle it is for me to get to a park. I’d call Jacksonville an Epcot area resort if they could put me in a tube and shoot me there in under 10 minutes.
I think someone is working on that - at least I hope they are! I think about it every time I get on a plane ...

(ponders if I should add how awesome VGC is because it's the only DVC "in a park")

VGC sucks. It's too close to a park. if you own there you should sell all your points and flood the resale market so it drops to 50 dollars a point. I would never use this dip in prices to buy more VGC points.....

If I can't smell churros, it's not a park resort... :)

Do corn dogs (in a castle) count?

(ponders if I should add how awesome VGC is because it's the only DVC "in a park")

VGC sucks. It's too close to a park. if you own there you should sell all your points and flood the resale market so it drops to 50 dollars a point. I would never use this dip in prices to buy more VGC points.....

Do corn dogs (in a castle) count?
Pffttt seriously, VGC is terrible. Imagine being deafened by fireworks nightly. Idk how anybody can sleep there. Everyone should just sell their VGC points now before it's too late.

Pffttt seriously, VGC is terrible. Imagine being deafened by fireworks nightly. Idk how anybody can sleep there. Everyone should just sell their VGC points now before it's too late.
Not speaking about listening to the background music from your room or, God forbids, having to look into the park from your balcony. You are in the parks all day, the last thing one reasonably wants is looking at more park. Vacation ruined!!!!1!!!

Last edited:

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest