Please read....

seabee

<marquee><font color=deeppink>Signmaker extraordin
I don't usually get to political,unless I'm campaigning for Phyllis and John;) , however this is something that hits(and hurts)everyone. If you would like to, have a read, and sign.

Dear Friend,

Last Friday, the United States House of Representatives, under Democrat Leadership, adjourned for a 5-week vacation. Normally, no one would raise an eyebrow; however, when the Democrats left, they did so without passing any form of energy legislation. They have left for over a month without doing anything to help lower gas prices. That means we'll see another month of inaction on the energy crisis.

The Democrats left, they turned off the lights, they turned off the cameras and they turned off the microphones. But, House Republicans did not leave. That's right, House Republicans are still here, talking to the American people, demanding that House Democrats come back and ease the increasing burdens on families. Republicans are fighting so that the American people are not left high and dry.

Now, we need your help. Join us by signing this petition to call on the Democrat Leadership to return to Washington , DC, to pass a bill that will increase American energy supply, open up offshore drilling and eliminate our reliance on foreign oil.

This is supposed to be the People's House. It's unfortunate that the Democrats don't see it that way.

Sign the Petition at www.CallCongressBack.com today.
Regards,

Eric Cantor
United States Congressman

P.S. Sign the petition to Call Congress Back to lower the price of gas.

...Dear Friend, Last Friday, the United States House of Representatives, under Democrat Leadership, adjourned for a 5-week vacation...Eric Cantor...United States Congressman

I have no idea how accurate this is, but it sounds to me like one of those hugely partisan and divisive "let's get the electorate all worked up" kind of communications that congress critters on both sides of the aisle seem to excel at sending out. Our old congressman was a pro at it, and got all the retired folks at Del Webb in a tizzy regularly this way. Kept his seat in Congress for years with this strategy, until a scandal finally got him knocked out, but he wasted lots of taxpayer money with his abuse of his franking privilege in the meantime.

Despite lots of comments over the years that online petitions don't work any better with the government than they did with Disney to save Mr. Toad at WDW, here we go again.

FWIW, Eric Tyson (author of several investing books and regularly carried in my Houston Chronicle newspaper) said in today's paper that none of this matters anyway. Apparently Congress has to extend the offshore oil ban every year, and the current one will expire September 30th. So if Congress votes to extend, Bush will veto, and it's unlikely they will have enough votes to override it.

Poof, it's gone. No internet petition needed. But if it makes you feel better, have at it.

Personally, I'd sure like Congress to do something more constructive than rename post offices and send out divisive emails.

Sue in Texas
...tilting at windmills again...

This is why I'm on my "soap box" trying to get people to understand that you need to educate yourselves on who is running for senator & congressmen positions in your area. Also... term limits MUST be set for these positions. Ted Kennedy has been serving since the early 60's. A few others have been serving since the early to mid 50's - or as long as I've been alive. That is absurd!!

I have no idea how accurate this is

It is very accurate. In fact, there are many Republicans still holding session even though Sir Nancy turned off the lights and cameras.

FWIW, Eric Tyson (author of several investing books and regularly carried in my Houston Chronicle newspaper) said in today's paper that none of this matters anyway. Apparently Congress has to extend the offshore oil ban every year, and the current one will expire September 30th. So if Congress votes to extend, Bush will veto, and it's unlikely they will have enough votes to override it.

Well, it sounds like Eric Tyson ain't so smart when comes to anything other than investing. I believe Bush already lifted the Ban. Now it is the Congress Critters turn to lift their Ban which they normally place in some bill every year to keep extending/renewing the ban. This is what Bush will Veto if they try to renew the Ban.

Petitions are generally useless as a whole but it never hurts.:thumbsup2

Done. Thanks for posting. I heard about this recently but didn't know this petition was out there! :goodvibes

Petitions are generally useless as a whole but it never hurts.:thumbsup2

That's what I figure. I can sit on my duff and complain about the $100 I put in my tank every 4-5 days, or I can maybe do something to try and take care of it. See, I can't go on vacation like those in congress, because I CAN'T AFFORD TO!!!!! So since I have nothing to do, I will sign as many petitons I can. Maybe one of them one day will do something.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter