Please help, which park on arrival day?

tweetie

Mouseketeer
We are flying out on Friday, April 9th at 7:00 and arriving in Orlando at 9 a.m., which park would you recommend for that day? I was thinking of checking in at CRS looking around the grounds and then have lunch and off to a park, but I am not sure which one. Any suggestions? And what time in the afternoon would be best? Thanks for any help!

That is early entry day at the Animal Kingdom, so I would suggest avoiding that park (early entry parks tend to be a bit more packed than they would on a non-early entry day).

I think if it were me, I would start at the Magic Kingdom, even though I wasn't there for park opening. I try to avoid the Magic Kingdom on weekends because it's usually too packed for me(except for early entry on Sunday morning, but I leave by noon).

Epcot would be a good choice too, though. You'd have lots of dining options, and you'd be getting to the park around the time the World Showcase opens.

Have a great trip!

Karen

We almost skipped MK this last trip. DS-age 8, has been so
often, he's jaded-LOL!!! One day only? I guess EPCOT because
I like the International mood in WS. Best food. great gardens.
Science. Best end of day show. Manatees.

It depends!

Do you have kids? Have you been to WDW before? Do you have PH passes? How many days will you be at WDW?

We've made two trips to WDW in the last three years and started both trips at the MK for MNSSHP. You can't go wrong starting a trip at MK, but for kids, especially younger kids, the other parks kind of suffer in comparison to MK ("why do we have to stay here, can't we go back to MK!").

If you have several days at WDW and are planning an "off day" you could start the trip by spending time at DTD or maybe do some souvenir shopping at a Character Warehouse in an Orlando Outlet Mall and save your park pass for the days you can get to the park earlier.

You'll have fun no matter where you end up!

I have two boys 13 and 15 and we will be there for 6 nights and this is our first trip to Disneyever. I am just so excited!:bounce:

Hi, tweetie, and welcome to the DIS. I'd suggest starting out with MK. You really get that Disney atmosphere and magic at MK.

Ann:earsgirl:

I'll be there on Fri. with about 100,000 of my closest friends:bounce:

More the Merrier!! I'll have my Disney green paint sample on my back pack.

See ya there

:wave:

Susan

thanks for everyone's input...This board has been wonderful in helping me plan our trip..:bounce: :Pinkbounc

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD HIT MGM. GOOD LOCATION AND THEN YOU CAN WALK TO THE BOARDWALK AREA!::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter