Please check your DIsney Gift Card accounts online

Can you tell me who you called because I lost a card and have not been able to get them to help me when I call the number on the site?
I didn’t call anyone. I transferred the money from the lost card registered on the site to a blank card that was registered on the site.

Can you tell me who you called because I lost a card and have not been able to get them to help me when I call the number on the site?
I once threw out a card by accident. I had purchased many disney gift cards and thought i had transferred all the funds but i threw out DD spending card with $50 on it. I emailed guest services and they put me in contact with the correct department. They asked if i had a receipt which i did thanks to receipt hog. I sent it to them verified a few details and they said the card i threw out still had the full amount on it and they sent me a new one. I lost/threw out the card in December and didnt contact them until June.

So am I correct in saying that a large amount of funds would be safer on a dummy Disney vacation?

How do you take the cards off the site? Just hit delete? I’d rather take my chances in my house than on that site.
I just checked mine and all is well. Won’t be adding any new ones but must wait to figure out how to delete. If I hit delete, the balance remains intact?
Hitting delete removes the card information from the disneygiftcard.com website. It does not zero out the balance on the card.

I just purchased two $500 gift cards from Sam's club and the balances are fine, but I am not understanding how they can be breached. Is this if you sign up and add your cards to the wallet? I did not do that, so is it safe to say it won't effect my cards? Sorry, like I said we've never purchased the gift cards before. tia

I just purchased two $500 gift cards from Sam's club and the balances are fine, but I am not understanding how they can be breached. Is this if you sign up and add your cards to the wallet? I did not do that, so is it safe to say it won't effect my cards? Sorry, like I said we've never purchased the gift cards before. tia
If all you did was check the balances, you should be fine. The OP had created an account under “manage cards” and had stored their card info in it. Apparently, someone hacked the account and transferred the balances from those stored GCs to one of their own cards.

I'm sorry OP but I'm betting your account information was not hacked but social engineered. I work in IT (not Disney IT) and see this kind of stuff happen all of the time. Social media and email are easy places to provide secure information to the wrong parties. Also if you are using the same password over multiple accounts they might just be surfing through known locations of money to try and steal what they can before getting found out. I would change all of your passwords asap for all online services.

I hate this has happened to the OP but so glad they posted this. I too would leave cards online with high balances. Not anymore though. I will use a Disney reservation to keep my balances on and the cards put up at home.

I had my cards stored on the account too. I had one card with about $989 on it. Since I add $25 at a time (each time I buy a $25 card) that card was "maxed out". I started a new one and that one was up to $225. Those two cards are our entire dining budget for our upcoming trip. When I saw that this happened to the OP, I was terrified. I immediately verified that I still have those cards in my possession (they are locked in my safe) and then I went in and deleted them from my account. I also went and wrote down the numbers and stored them in a separate location so that if anything happens to the cards, I can still go in and transfer the funds.

I am so sorry that this happened to the OP. I know what an awful feeling it is when your online accounts are tampered with. I hate the fact that Disney uses a single password system for all of your accounts. I can't have a separate log in for my MDE, DVC and gift card account. Unless I link them all to separate e-mail addresses, they are all the same log-in. Does anyone know a way to have the same e-mail address with different passwords? I don't...

I hate the fact that Disney uses a single password system for all of your accounts. I can't have a separate log in for my MDE, DVC and gift card account. Unless I link them all to separate e-mail addresses, they are all the same log-in. Does anyone know a way to have the same e-mail address with different passwords? I don't...

I use the same email for MDE and my Disney gift card account and have two very different passwords. When you sign into your gift card account, click on Welcome (your name) in the upper right, click on My Account which takes you to Account Settings and then to Change Your Password.

I’m still leaving mine registered. Evidence so far is that OP was breached, not the Disney website.
The reason that I believe it was not just my account is that they were able to still access the account after I changed the password and redirected the email notifications, adding/deleting card emails that you receive when this occurs on your account. I was also on the phone with my internet provider and they did not reroute /forward my email nor did they add Disney to my blocked sender list ( this was also after I had changed my email password). That is what makes it's so alarming.... They have someone who knows the Disney gift card system and how to add/transfer/delete..... I think the first one slipped thru on their error ( probably had a newbie that didnt follow the steps properly) and thats why the first notification came thru and alerted me.....they added another card that I never received a notification on nor did I receive any when I deleted cards- this is why I think it was more than if my account was hacked.

Good News-Finally got resolve today.....Praise God.....they recouped my money! They wont give out much more info-not sure what they dug up behind the scenes but I think Disney should have some sort of 24 lost/stolen/fraud hotline - especially when it comes to their website being compromised. .... maybe in the future they will. At least now I know I will sleep better tonight and still have spending money for my trip in two weeks.

Good News-Finally got resolve today.....Praise God.....they recouped my money! They wont give out much more info-not sure what they dug up behind the scenes but I think Disney should have some sort of 24 lost/stolen/fraud hotline - especially when it comes to their website being compromised. .... maybe in the future they will. At least now I know I will sleep better tonight and still have spending money for my trip in two weeks.
I’m so glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your vacation.

Glad it worked out for you. I was checking this thread throughout the day to see if you had gotten any satisfaction from Disney. Sleep well tonight and have Disney dreams!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter