Please allow me to introduce myself . . .

Location: Winter Springs, FL (just north of Orlando and 30 minutes from DW:earsboy:)
Family Situation: Second marriage. We have been married for 14 years and have a combined family of 5. Ages range from 31 to 6. Roddy (6) is the only child left in the nest.
Pets: Maisie (Boxer) and Cody (Pomeranian)
Favorite Food: I will try anything and everything
Favorite Drink: Single malt whisky and hard cider

Family situation: Married, 2 adult children, plus twin teen daughters adopted from Colombia in 2015
Pets: Collie and Cocker Spaniel
Favorite food: Lasagna, spaghetti, pizza... anything Italian with tomato sauce!
Favorite drink: Milk shake

I have been visiting WDW since 1985, almost every year. There is so much to do, but also because it's so beautiful. I like POR the best, but also stay at other resorts on or off site depending on pricing. Leaving tomorrow for CBR. Hope to retire to the Orlando area in 5 years.

Family situation: Married, 2 adult children, plus twin teen daughters adopted from Colombia in 2015
Pets: Collie and Cocker Spaniel
Favorite food: Lasagna, spaghetti, pizza... anything Italian with tomato sauce!
Favorite drink: Milk shake

I have been visiting WDW since 1985, almost every year. There is so much to do, but also because it's so beautiful. I like POR the best, but also stay at other resorts on or off site depending on pricing. Leaving tomorrow for CBR. Hope to retire to the Orlando area in 5 years.

Welcome and enjoy the trip.

Family Situation: Married 5 years in July. We have a 21 month old daughter with a second baby on the way and due in January 2018!
Pets: None for the time being.
Favorite Food: I really enjoy pretty much anything that is creative. I'm not a big "country" or "homestyle" foods person.
Favorite Drink: New Belgium Fat Tire

I grew up going to Disneyland whenever we would go to Southern California to visit my grandmother. Went to WDW for the first time in 1999. My favorite memory of that trip was the Tapestry of Nations parade at Epcot. I think we saw it almost every night we were there. My parents are new DVC owners and AP holders and probably average 10 trips a year at this point. We are lucky enough to tag along at least once a year or so. Our next trip is in September with a two night stay at Pop for just the three of us to have some time together and then we will move over to a 2br at AKL for the rest of the week with my parents. Looking forward to checking out Pandora!

Welcome Mel. Come on over to the main thread DDCXXX... and join in the conversation. You brought back good memories of the Tapestry of Nations parade. Saw it many of times.

Family Situation: Married 17 Years 1 Daughter 15
Pets: 3 cats Jelly Fish, Bobby & Mackerel
Favorite Food: Steak & Eggs
Favorite Drink:Coke Zero

Family Situation: Married, 2 kids
Occupation: Firefighter/EMT, CPR/First Aid/ACLS instructor, (soon to be) nurse
Pets: Gadget (Dog)
Favorite Food: Seafood
Favorite Drink: Depends on the season

Been in the group on FB for a while. Finally here on the DIS.

Family Situation: Married, 1 kid
Pets: still bereaving from my chow
Favorite Food: pizza, preferably thin crust
Favorite Drink: water and beer

glad to learn and read.

Family Situation: Married for 7 + years / two daughters
Pets: 2 cats and a dog
Favorite Food: I cannot narrow it down to one food. Steak, crab cakes, buffalo wings, cheesecake, funnel cake, among others
Favorite Drink: Beer of all varieties, currently hoppy IPAs.

Family Situation: Married for 7 + years / two daughters
Pets: 2 cats and a dog
Favorite Food: I cannot narrow it down to one food. Steak, crab cakes, buffalo wings, cheesecake, funnel cake, among others
Favorite Drink: Beer of all varieties, currently hoppy IPAs.
Welcome mate, pop over to the main board if you like - DDCXX-blah blah, and have a chat. That's where we generally can be found. And I love a hoppy IPA myself....

Family Situation: Married to DW for 9 years. One child - DS4 (who we are taking to WDW for his first time in January 2018!)
Occupation: Free-lance actor, standardized patient, accountant, auditor, research associate. I've had many jobs!
Pets: Currently? One red-eared slider named Petey. Did have 2 cats a few years ago.
Favorite Food: Impossible to list. Love ethnic food of all kinds, and festival food of all kinds, whether it comes from a food truck, street festival, county fair, etc. Certainly not going to turn down a good steak either or an invitation to a NE clambake...
Favorite Drink: Beer - IPAs, Wine - dry medium bodied reds, Lemonade, water.

Family Situation: Married to DW for 9 years. One child - DS4 (who we are taking to WDW for his first time in January 2018!)
Occupation: Free-lance actor, standardized patient, accountant, auditor, research associate. I've had many jobs!
Pets: Currently? One red-eared slider named Petey. Did have 2 cats a few years ago.
Favorite Food: Impossible to list. Love ethnic food of all kinds, and festival food of all kinds, whether it comes from a food truck, street festival, county fair, etc. Certainly not going to turn down a good steak either or an invitation to a NE clambake...
Favorite Drink: Beer - IPAs, Wine - dry medium bodied reds, Lemonade, water.
Hey Jeff! As I'm the only one who isn't up to his nuts in turkey brine, pop over to the main board DDCXXX and let us know about your trip. We usually hang over there. Looks like from your banner you're off to the Sports?

Family Situation: Married to DW for 11 years. 2 Children - DS4 (who we are taking to WDW in April 2018!)
Pets: None
Favorite Food: Anything that involves beef or bacon, love lots more but can't eat most of it any longer.
Favorite Drink: Rum

Family Situation: Married to DW for 11 years. 2 Children - DS4 (who we are taking to WDW in April 2018!)
Favorite Food: Anything that involves beef or bacon, love lots more but can't eat most of it any longer.
Favorite Drink: Rum
Hey Mark, welcome to our little corner. Pop over the main thread DDC-whatever where are on, you'll be more than fine with your love of the beef and the bacon. I'm out there as well in April.

Family Situation: Married 9+ years (July 2008); 2 children - son 5 1/2 (August 2012) and daughter almost 4 (April 2014)
Pets: Dog (pomeranian/Yorkie mix) and Cat
Favorite Food: Dessert (something a la mode)
Favorite Drink: Beer (varies - currently either a lager - lot of Peroni lately - or Kona Big Wave)

As a family, we've been to WDW twice now: September 2016 - stayed at Caribbean; August 2017 - stayed at Polynesian

Family Situation: Married to DW for 10 years, two daughters 9 & 1.
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Drink: IPA

After being DL AP holders for years, we're taking our first trip to WDW 1/13-21!

Last edited:
Family Situation: Married to DW for 10 years, two daughters 9 & 1.
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Drink: IPA

After being DL AP holders for years, we're taking our first trip to WDW 1/13-21!
Welcome Steven! Beer director? I bet your not short of mates....
We tend to converse on the DDC board so by all means pop over and fill us in about trip. I’m the same, except my AP is Paris. Heading over in March and August. And we are all partial to a cheeky IPA...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts