Planning Dvd Disappointment

Miss Stitch

4271 miles (6873 km) from the Magic
Just received my suppossedly 2007 planning dvd. They are still plugging cinderellabration etc and the happiest celebration on earth! They are showing a half built EE. I only ordered it two weeks ago. Hugh dissapointment when we all sat down to watch. maybe we are a year behind in England!! anyone know when the new one will be out.

Are you kidding?!? Does it say anything about YOMD? Maybe they sent you last year's by mistake.

Did the cover of it have a picture of the castle "floating" on the clouds?? That's the new DVD. If not, then you got the old DVD.

it pbbly is the old one. I think the new 2007 one is only available for shipping in the US right now. OP says he's from England.

I received an email on 9/25 announcing YOMD; I also noticed several threads on DIS around that date announcing that the new planning video had been released. You must have ordered yours before they started shipping the new one. With all that said, you should request a new one. You can do that at the new YOMD website - http://www.disneyparks.com.

He got the old one.

The new one just went for ordering a couple weeks ago and has a shipping time WITHIN THE US of 6-8 weeks. There's no way someone in England got the new one before anyone in the US did and with 1/4 of the time it is expected to reach US citizens.

To the OP: Go to the site and re-order it now. You should get the new one after that.

Unfortunately it looks like the new DVD is only available to US residents at the moment. I went to the website and tried to order one (I'm in Canada) and there was nowhere to put in anything but a US address.

thanks for your help. the one on the disney official site showing is the one I received (the picture is the same). The YOAMD one is showing only for the u.s. I was there in Sept 2005 and EE was closer to being finished that was shown in the dvd, so not sure how old this was. Probably better to wait a couple more months. hugely disappointed though.

I think being in England we lose some of the magic, that is why I love these boards (have been a lurker for several months). In the U.S. you seem to have lots of tv programs about the world (travel channel etc.) I am gutted when I read about them that I cannot watch them. We have nothing here, we had a walt documentary a few months ago but that was it. Maybe I should move to the U.S. lol

Over the past few days, they were doing some filming that I was assuming was for the new planning DVD - at least that's what I heard a CM telling someone while we were watching the new parade in MK on Sat.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest