PizzeRizzo closing

Cutting costs seems to be the most logical explanation behind this closure if true. It could be they are reducing it to a seasonal restaurant like Tomorrowland Terrace. The only concern I have with this is that this would leave ABC Commissary as the only enclosed (meaning a/c'd and fully sheltered from weather) quick service in DHS as of now.

Really just fix the theming and serve real NY style pizza and the place has potential.

Did something happen to Backlot Express? I admit I haven’t been following the goings-on of DHS quick service locations. As I recall, they do have outdoor seating available, but you could certainly sit inside if you wish.

Backlot has indoor seating. My issue is Backlot is often very crowded and no tables available. Last couple trips we tried to eat at Backlot, one I even did a mobile order ....... but when we got inside there wasn't a seat to be found, lines were huge, so I cancelled it and we went to PizzeRizzo. In winter it won't be a big problem but by spring break season it will be an issue.

We always go to Backlot Express but make sure we arrive early. It does fill up if you try to go at noon.

I was going to say I just ate at backlot express and it was so empty the cast members were going around wiping the tables, and watching a bird with me who snuck inside. It was also around 4 in the afternoon so that was probably a better indicator of why

What really bothers me about this is that Disney must have paid major bucks just 2 years ago to re-theme the restaurant. Now, just 2 years later they close it? No wonder they keep raising prices.

Pennywise and dollar foolish, Disney cheaped out and just re-themed and changed little else. It cost very little to go the route Disney went. This was a Three Amigos/Frozen overlay of the restaurant.

I can confirm the original posters information. I personally heard the same exact story from a current long term PR cast member. It is closing permanently all employees including management are being deployed resort wide. At this time there are no plans for it to reopen and/or re purpose it . It has been losing money. Cutting operating hours did not work, so it was decided to shut the doors.

Its too big of a location to have crappy food. Put good food in there, and the place would be packed.

2j2yl3.jpg

I'll be honest, while the food wasn't great we enjoyed the atmosphere better than we did Pizza Planet. The wedding reception room was a lot of fun. DD and some of the other kids boogied on the dance floor and DH and I got a little break to relax in the AC while we finished our meals.

I guess my family is the only one that loves Pizzerizzo, both food and atmosphere. It was our favourite QS place last year for the awesome break from Easter crowds. We’ll miss it.

I guess my family is the only one that loves Pizzerizzo, both food and atmosphere. It was our favourite QS place last year for the awesome break from Easter crowds. We’ll miss it.
Your not the only family. We ate there a few weeks ago for the first time and we all thought it was pretty good!

I’m really bummed about this, if true.
The food was mediocre, but we aren’t big fans of much of the QS at HS anyway. We did like the theming (love Rizzo) and it was a great spot to sit and eat away from the crowd. I’m all for a menu overhaul but I will
be so sad if they re-theme it! (Unless it somehow becomes a Muppets TS character meal :))

So it looks like this may be closing and not reopen anytime soon. No plan to redo it either. They won't open in back up until SWGE most likely. Just very odd to just leave the space empty if that is the case. I suppose it could become a seasonal thing.

So it looks like this may be closing and not reopen anytime soon. No plan to redo it either. They won't open in back up until SWGE most likely. Just very odd to just leave the space empty if that is the case. I suppose it could become a seasonal thing.

That could be their thinking, but I gotta question a move like that.

It's like they are saying, "We know this place doesn't move the needle for anybody, but we really don't want to bother making it better. We'll just wait until the overwhelming crowds push it into demand."

Just clone it to Blaze Pizza, and it'd be like manna from heaven compared to most DHS quick service.

This is certain to be an unpopular opinion here, but I won't be sad to see this go. I seem to be in the minority as I don't like the entire Muppet franchise and it is the single most un-Disney IP in the parks to me.

The entire franchise is a dated relic from the 70's and early 80's that didn't age well. They tried the TV show a few years ago as a litmus test to see if this franchise still had any legs and it bombed and wasn't renewed. The show in Liberty Square in MK is usually not very crowded and from my observations, people seem to stop, look and then move on after only a minute or two.

I know the franchise has achieved cult status among it's fanbase; but it doesn't seem to have widespread interest across multiple demographic groups.

I wish (but certainly don't expect) that Disney would axe all remnants of the Muppets from the theme parks permanently and replace it with a better IP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter