Pixie dust room upgrade (question for those that have received it)

See also how CBR upgrade people to Pirate Rooms.

Yep! They did that to me once - if it was just a visit I probably would have taken it, but it was for Marathon Weekend and I did not want to take the chance on injuring myself running into those frames. I got in early, and went to the front desk to request to be “downgraded” to what I booked (Standard). I ended up getting a King room, which was in between the two.

We ve been UPgraded several times over the years. I never asked why and was just excited... AKL twice standard to Savannah. POFQ up to waterview, Coronado to a Business room and that seemed to be related to a celebration as they gave us a letter and free drink/toast. POR to waterview.
Pixie dust sure feels good! Remembered , POR to a princess room which was too far but I did like it

We have been upgraded from standard to Garden View at beach club. Then later found out it was a handicap accessible room, so it was huge. I can see why they would upgrade someone to these type of rooms in order to free up more standard view rooms.

See also how CBR upgrade people to Pirate Rooms.
Agreed! They tried to give me a pirate room for our adult only Anniversary trip. Said nothing else was available. I took one look at the room and went straight back to see a manager who apologized and upgraded us to a preferred location.

The upgrades we’ve received were all during very early morning check-ins. In 2012, we got a garden view room at the Poly instead of a standard view (five nights). In 2016, we got a garden view room at Coronado instead of a standard view (one night) and a pool view room at AKL instead of a standard view (one night).

My cousin once got an upgrade from ASMu to AKL.

We were upgraded from standard room to garden view club at the Poly last June. We didn't do online check-in. Our stay was for 10 days.

Most of our upgrades were just luck. We were upgraded from a GV room to Sugarloaf Club Level at the GF; upgraded from a GV room to TPV at the GF; given a great parlor room at the GF, (That one was after writing to the GM of the property to ask if the construction would be a problem for an autistic child. It wasn't because he made sure we had a beautiful room far away from the work); upgraded from a Woods View to a Courtyard View at the WL and upgraded from standard view to savannah at the AKL. In the case of AKL, we were transferring from CSR to AKL because we were dissatisfied with CSR. CMs at CSR had made arrangements for us to move to a standard room at AKL for about $30 more per night than our original room at CSR. When we checked in, we asked if there were any savannah rooms available and were upgraded to one on the spot. We started staying in villas as our son got older, so there would be more privacy. We've never gotten an upgrade at any villa.

I'm thinking that short stays are the ones where this often occurs. We've been going at least every 12 -18 months since 1998 and have NEVER EVER been upgraded since we stay at least 7 nights and usually 10 nights. Based solely on what I've read online over the past decade or so ... for those doing short stays 1 to 3 nights it seems more likely to happen --- for those us spending way more and staying longer (most international guests) this seems way less likely.

The first trip we took to WDW back in 2010ish, we were actually offered an upgrade-for-a-price opportunity. We were called 3 days beforewe were supposed to fly out and offered a move from our room at one of the All Stars to a room at the Contemporary for an extra... I think it was $40 a night. We took that in a hot second. Our other trips to WDW have not gotten an upgrade, but we once got an upgrade on DCL from an ocean view stateroom to a veranda stateroom, and the first time we went to DisneyLand in 2015, we got upgraded from a standard view room at Paradise Pier to a room with a really amazing park view. It was not expected, and we didn't realize until we opened the window in our room and both let out a gasp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter