Pixar Place Superthread

We were at the parks last week and I was able to get the schedules for Bing Bong and Joe in case others are looking for the information. These are (of course) subject to change, but are the current times. Bing Bong meets on the lawn by the pool deck in the afternoons unless it is rainy or windy. Otherwise, he is in the lobby. Joe meets at the piano in the lobby (and plays!) You don't need to be a guest of the hotel to meet the characters.

Big Bong
8:55-9:20am
10:05-10:30am
11:15-11:40am
12:40-1:05pm (lawn)
1:50-2:15pm (lawn)
3:00-3:25pm

Joe
3:30-4:00pm
4:30-5:00pm
5:30-6:00pm
7:00-7:30pm
8:00-8:30pm
9:00-9:30pm
You’re my hero!

Ok, I checked out the lobby and pool area today. A thunder shower came through and the pool deck was empty. I mainly only took a photo of the pool deck rooms so people could see what they look like now. The pool area looks fantastic. Tons of seating. Also saw bing bong in the lobby and of course luxo! Oh and we were there in the afternoon and the sketch pad cafe was open and busy! I just checked the app and it’s open until 5pm now.
Thanks for sharing the pics -these are great! Would you be able to see the fireworks from the patio of the pool terrace rooms? Or would you have to go to another part of the pool deck area?

Thanks for sharing the pics -these are great! Would you be able to see the fireworks from the patio of the pool terrace rooms? Or would you have to go to another part of the pool deck area?
No, unfortunately not. You can go to a different part of the pool deck area to see fireworks though! I know before the remodel they would pipe in the music on the pool deck for the fireworks. I assume they are still doing that. I have never watched from there, but I think you would need to stand near the bar they have up there to see them. Hope that helps!!

We were at the parks last week and I was able to get the schedules for Bing Bong and Joe in case others are looking for the information. These are (of course) subject to change, but are the current times. Bing Bong meets on the lawn by the pool deck in the afternoons unless it is rainy or windy. Otherwise, he is in the lobby. Joe meets at the piano in the lobby (and plays!) You don't need to be a guest of the hotel to meet the characters.

Big Bong
8:55-9:20am
10:05-10:30am
11:15-11:40am
12:40-1:05pm (lawn)
1:50-2:15pm (lawn)
3:00-3:25pm

Joe
3:30-4:00pm
4:30-5:00pm
5:30-6:00pm
7:00-7:30pm
8:00-8:30pm
9:00-9:30pm
Thanks so much for this! I added the info to the front page. 🙂

Has anyone done a split stay where you transfer from GCH to Pixar Place? We are considering doing this so we can try out Pixar Place, as we've never stayed there. How does this work- ie. do you need to call to make 2 reservations, or can you make both reservations online? Bell Services can help transfer our luggage over to the new hotel, right? I think our car would just stay in the same GCH self-parking lot for the whole stay, unless we need to switch to the parking garage next to Pixar Place. Any tips would be appreciated so we can plan and prepare!

Has anyone done a split stay where you transfer from GCH to Pixar Place? We are considering doing this so we can try out Pixar Place, as we've never stayed there. How does this work- ie. do you need to call to make 2 reservations, or can you make both reservations online? Bell Services can help transfer our luggage over to the new hotel, right? I think our car would just stay in the same GCH self-parking lot for the whole stay, unless we need to switch to the parking garage next to Pixar Place. Any tips would be appreciated so we can plan and prepare!
I can’t advise on the logistics of a split stay, but I might consider doing PPH first, and then moving to the GCH. I have stayed at both, and I just think you might have a sense of a little bit of “let down” if you go from GCH to PPH (though the PPH has just gone through a refurb, so that should help, but to me, it is still never going to be the level of GCH).

I can’t advise on the logistics of a split stay, but I might consider doing PPH first, and then moving to the GCH. I have stayed at both, and I just think you might have a sense of a little bit of “let down” if you go from GCH to PPH (though the PPH has just gone through a refurb, so that should help, but to me, it is still never going to be the level of GCH).
Thank you- that was my husbands initial idea, but we are thinking about visiting on a Tuesday through Saturday. We can likely get a promo code for the more expensive nights from Tuesday night through Thursday night, but Friday night would be expensive with no promo code. This is why I thought we'd start w/3 nights at GCH (promo code!) then 1 Friday night (no promo code) at Pixar Hotel. It's just an idea for now, but I totally understand and agree w/your logic!

We just did a split stay in April. We stayed the first two nights at Pixar Place (super cute) and then moved over to GCH for two nights. We did 2 separate reservations online. We felt we could have stayed the whole time at Pixar Place and been happy...until we got to the Grand and had the best room/view we have ever had there. So I'd suggest Pixar for the first half :)

We took our bags to the Pixar Bell Services on check out day and told them we were transferring over to the Grand. We then went to the front desk at GCH before heading to the parks on that same morning to check in. When our room was ready we were able to call down and the bags had magically been transferred and were brought up to us with no problems. I could be wrong because we haven't had a rental car since pre covid but I believe the GCH self park is the same garage as Pixar Place so you wouldn't have to move.

I have a premium view club level reservation June 2-8. Anybody have any updates as to if it will be ready or what the options might be if it is not open yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter