pirates toys?

disneydebi

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if the parks sell action figures/toys from POTC movie? My DD wants some... (she loves Jack Sparrow!), but I haven't seen any in the toy stores, or the Disney Store or online?
I know they have pirate themed merchadise outside the ride at WDW, but are there any actual items/figures from the movie?

thanks.

I didn't see any when I was there this past January, but they may had brought some out since then. Your best bet would be the gift shop outside the POC ride. You can always call Disney Merchandising - they can definitely help. Sorry I don't know the number, but you can do a search for it.

Originally posted by disneydebi
Does anyone know if the parks sell action figures/toys from POTC movie? My DD wants some... (she loves Jack Sparrow!), but I haven't seen any in the toy stores, or the Disney Store or online?
I know they have pirate themed merchadise outside the ride at WDW, but are there any actual items/figures from the movie?

thanks.

NO THEY DON'T sorry the caps are not directed at you but rather at Disney. They completely blew it on this movie with regard to merchandising, not just for Kids but adults as well.
I am one of many many adults, not counting teenagers too who went to see Pirates 40 times at the theater before the DVD came out and we searched high and low for anything POTC related and especially Captain Jack Sparrow T shirts or whatever.
I actually made a complete replica of Jack Sparrows costume, to the tune of $1000. but Disney just really blew it.
I would think when POTC 2 and 3 come out starting in 2006 that they will have corrected this error but then again who knows.

By the way my license plates are POTCBP

Originally posted by McCall
NO THEY DON'T sorry the caps are not directed at you but rather at Disney. They completely blew it on this movie with regard to merchandising, not just for Kids but adults as well.
Actually ... Disney DIDN'T "blow it." Johnny Depp would not allow his image to be used for merchandising for the film ... he's been pretty strict about that sort of thing ever since Edward Scissorhands. That's why there are no "making of" books or action figures or anything like that. It was a clause in his contract that there would be no "Jack Sparrow" merchandising. And, since it's tough to develop any POTC merchandise that doesn't include Sparrow, there's just not anything out there.

:earsboy:

We just returned Saturday. My daughter has planned since seeing POC to purchase a "pirate medallion." Well, they did NOT have one like the movie used (I was so sure they would). They had gold coins that looked similar, and they had a clear medallion on a gold chain. She decided to buy this clear medallion -- when held a certain way it has a greenish "skull" in it.

Also, being heavily into "dress-UP", she completely lost it in that shop when she spotted Elizabeth's costume. I saw no Jack Sparrow t-shirts, but there were some with the skull picture on them.

I really wish they would hire a Jack Sparrow character. I know it's a face character, but I saw Cruella Deville.

My son loves pirates so for Christmas we got him a pirate ship from the disney store--he loves it (it's from Peter Pan though) It comes with Captain Hook and Peter Pan and other pirates. I just saw it the other day in the Disney store so it's still out. Great toy....

I guess there will be now POTC toys in the Easter Basket as she wanted...

As far as the Peter Pan pirate ship goes... thanks for the idea, but oddly enough, Captain Hook frightens her (shes 4 1/2), but yet she loves the pirates in POTC! She calls Jack Sparrow "that funny guy!". oh well...

If anyone spots anything in the meantime... please post it.

thanks.

It won't be "Jack Sparrow", but there is a merch shop at the conclusion of the POTC ride. There is a big variety of pirate stuff therepirate:

disneydebi,

There will be some POTC figures coming out later this year. I think the parks should carry them but they should also be at local toy stores. There will be a set of 4 figures which includes Jack Sparrow, Will Turner, Barbossa, and a skeleton pirate. You can read about it at this website:

http://www.action-figure.com/Article11449.html

Sam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter