Pirate cruise from Grand Floridian

janlutter

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any feedback (positive or negative) on the pirate cruise out of the Grand Floridian? We are taking a trip with friends in the fall and all of the kids are huge Peter Pan fans. They are 5,3 and 2. Thanks.

My DS, 5 and 4 experienced the cruise last week. They really enjoyed it. They came back with all sorts of bounty (junk) and played with it the whole rest of the trip. They thought it was funny that the staff was going to leave William behind on one stop. (I think this happens most every cruise) All the staff were very friendly loading and departing. (You don't see the kids otherwise) My boys were a little disappointed that the ship didn't look like a pirate ship, but other than that I'd reccomend it! Plus it gives mom and dad 2 hours of free time!!!

janlutter,
The 2 yr.old will not be able to go on the cruise, three is the youngest. That said, I will tell you my 9 and 6 year olds absolutely loved it last winter when they went. The staff is great and it is just a very unique experience. And yes they loved their pirate booty (junk:D ). They wore their bandanas and eye patches all afternoon over at Epcot and lots of CMs knew they had been on the cruise and asked them about it or made cute comments.

My kids 5 and 3 went in October and loved it. However, there are no characters on the cruise - some people on ours assumed there would be but there aren't. Apparently our 3yo DD had a few moments of "I want to go back to my mom and dad" but a wonderful CM named Susan held her on her lap for a few minutes and she was great after that. Susan later told us it was only momentary sadness. Our DDcame back thrilled with her goody bag and her 5yo brother was equally thrilled. They still talk about the cruise. Lastly, kids have to be potty trained to go on this.

My 4 1/2 year old DD went on the cruise on the 14th. She loved it. She wanted to go because she wanted to get the treasure but she was a little nervous. She was afraid that there would be real pirates on the cruise. Even after I assured her there would be no pirates she was still a little nervous but she went anyway. She absolutely loved it. She wants to go again and has told my 1 year old DS that she will take him when he's older.

My boys (then) 4 and 6 went on the cruise on our last trip. They have already asked to go again next time. They also brought back a bag full of "loot." I'm not positive exactly what all they do, but I believe they sail to several of the beaches at the other resorts around the lagoon and either dig for or are given pieces of a map to find the treasure at the last stop. The day our kids went there was a big storm while they were out and they stopped and took all the kids inside one of the other resorts until it passed. I believe they gave them PB & J sandwiches, also. The cruise usually lasts 2 hours but on that particular day they were gone for 3 1/2 hrs. They didn't mind, but for those of us standing around in the rain for the extra hour and a half waiting for them, it was a bit frustrating.

My daughter hasn't told me much about her cruise other than she loved it and wants to go again.

I do know that in addition to PB&J, they get Rice Krispie treats and gummy bears.

The "loot" consisted of things like spider rings, squishy eyeballs, plastic rings and necklaces, whistles, and the like.

I know that they did sail to the Polynesian and get off there. DH, DS, and I took the boat from the GF to the Polynesian after dropping DD off. The Pirate Cruise was leaving as we arrived. They were having a ball.

My DD did tell me that they found parts of a map and found the treasure which was not buried. She seemed a bit disappointed that they didn't have to dig for it.

My 2 ds, ages 11 & 8, did the PC on Thanksgiving and loved it. Disney knew my oldest was turning 11 b4 the PC, but they said that was fine. He's disappointed that he'll be too old to go next time. They stopped at the Poly, CR, WL, and FW and came back with their loot and bandanas with name stickers. The CMs in the parks saw the bandanas, and they got extra attention. My boys were given pirate hats and swords by grandma, and the swords weren't allowed. They didn't take the hats because they didn't want to lose them. They had crustless pb&j and rice crispie treats for lunch. They weren't very descriptive about what happened, but they had a great time. I met a couple of moms from Disboards whose kids were on the same PC.

The PC isn't Peter Pan themed, so if you want that theming maybe you should look into the Neverland Club.

Thanks for the info everyone. I think I am going to look into this and the Practically Perfect Tea for my DD.

MandaMom

Thanks for all of the great responses; the kids can't wait to go in the fall and become pirates for the day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter