Pinocchio's Village Haus buffet???

Is there another buffet even close to this rumored price?

Maybe Trail's End at Fort Wilderness? I'm not sure how much it is now but the last time we dined there it was reasonable for the food and considering it was Disney. But there's definitely not one in a park.

I mean, I know Horseshoe is more expensive and using the LTT kitchen, but there's nothing that forces Horseshoe to that particular menu. SC shares that kitchen too.

That would make this a hit for sure! Of course then the price will go up to $39-50 per adult. Although I’m kind of expecting it to anyway. Is there another buffet even close to this rumored price?

Maybe the CBR one has been a success, and they are seeing a price point that could be quite profitable?

CBR = Guests without the dining plan can still dine at the buffet.
For dinner, adults will pay $20.99, and children 3-9 years old will cost $11.99.

And hasn't there been lots of rumors that with the Allstar room renovations there may be a buffet restaurant built in the middle in the $20's range. Maybe just talk but has Disney found an untapped market?

All I saw somewhere on the thread was a comment about Tony's Town Square and if its anything like the food there, it'll be yet another "pass" for our family because IMO Tony's is just, bad Italian food. Like really really bad Italian food, and every year we go, I hope to see they changed it to something else.

I guess my operational question would be: Why Pinocchio's? Do they have a revenue issue? Are they not popular as a QS? They've always seemed busy enough to me.

They could re-do Diamond Horseshoe again, which wouldn't be hard to set up for buffet style. Tortuga Tavern is underutilized, and while it might not naturally scream pasta, they could turn it away from BBQ to something else. Refurb the old restaurant on Tom Sawyer Island, perhaps.

Why Pinocchio's?

I think that Pinocchio has proven they can manage a buffet.

I think that teh MK needs an affordable TS option, and it is clear that there is a desire for more TS dining that is not characters, and that is basic choices. PErsonally, if Pinocchio and Jimminy Cricet was there I woud pay more money, but I am a sucker for character! LOL!

Seriously, there is a need for a basic buffet in the MK IMO. Fixed price. No using a TS destination for a respite and a cupcake, and a fairly decent turnover.

This seems completely possible. It will literally be the SAME FOOD they already serve, just presented as a buffet. It will be "meh", at best. $22 Is a fair price. I imagine it will be full every night at that price. Watch them add beer and wine as upsells and that will be how they make money.

Legoland in CA has a restaurant that does this...becomes an Italian buffet at night. It's like a CiCis Pizza place...

This seems completely possible. It will literally be the SAME FOOD they already serve, just presented as a buffet. It will be "meh", at best. $22 Is a fair price. I imagine it will be full every night at that price. Watch them add beer and wine as upsells and that will be how they make money.

You get one free with the DDP, additionals $$$. Folks not on DDP see others drinking, additional $$$.

No doubt in my mind that this new part of the DDP will change the offerings we see.

If this happens, it may be $22 to start, but you know the price will creep up just like BOG’s prix fixe will. No way is that going to stay at $55 if it’s popular, and it will be.

I thought it would be like a Cici's - different pizzas, salad, maybe a baked ziti or some pasta casserole, breadsticks and cookies.

Legoland in CA has a restaurant that does this...becomes an Italian buffet at night. It's like a CiCis Pizza place...

Don't get me excited...if they were to have wine and a meet with Pinocchio??? And I've never met a meatball that I couldn't force myself to eat, we're there! :rotfl:

If Pinocchio is Italian, why do they call it a Haus? And not a casa?
Interesting question!

Maybe because the author of Pinocchio hailed from a region of Italy that was under the rule of German royalty for a few centuries? Conjecture on my behalf but kind of makes sense when you look at the history of Italy before the middle of the 19th century. Or the history of Lorraine for which Tuscany was traded.
I read about the history of Florence in prep for a trip there a few years back which unfortunately like every time I try to go to Italy and Greece never ever happens.

Don't get me excited...if they were to have wine and a meet with Pinocchio??? And I've never met a meatball that I couldn't force myself to eat, we're there! :rotfl:

The only thing that could top that is Jiminy Cricket too.

Jiminy is absolutely adorable! I met him at WDW only once, and I fell in love with him. So cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter