** Picture of the Day 3 **

Exempt from finals....that's amazing! Are you going with her to WDW?

She's worked hard all year keeping those grades up and earning credit from the bonus questions so she's satisfied with her class averages and is taking it easy. :goodvibes She'll spend this week brushing up for the ACT test on June 8th. She needs a top score to meet MIT admission requirements. She's been talking with the soccer department and has been invited to a July camp; SAT score is acceptable but borderline in reading/writing (English courses are not her favorites) so she wants to do well on ACT. Texas colleges are still in the "running" but what an opportunity MIT would be! :eek: This WDW visit is their annual "family trip" to reconnect. :goodvibes Family time is rare for them during the school year and this is the "recharge" they need so Mimi and Pappy enjoy the down time at home. ::yes:: Our group trip this year is Las Vegas for youngest DD's wedding. I'm still thinking about a solo visit in late November (like around the time you're there) but will see how things unfold during the summer. :tink:

That's an amazing career! And from the look of things he/she was definitely loved! Music teachers/directors have so many extra (usually unpaid) responsibilities compared to most other teachers. Kudos to that director!

He and his wife are both music teachers/directors and they're an amazing couple. His wife works with elementary children and "discovered" youngest DGD's voice talent! :goodvibes I "butted heads" with the director many times during DD's high school years as Band Booster President :rolleyes1 but I have a deep respect for him as a director. He has pushed and challenged those kids to their limit and has "produced" at least 5 music teachers (2 of them hold PhD degrees) from his students. Over 1/3 of his current senior class will play in college bands and 1 of those is majoring in music. Pretty special couple in our community. :tink:

She LOVES the Hip Hop numbers! :faint:

i-hn777XP-XL.jpg
:tink:

May 21st; sun trying to come out over Pikes Peak

IMG_7569ed1-XL.jpg

WOW...so pretty! DD is leaving early Saturday morning for their annual trip to Colorado for future SIL's birthday; she'll be excited to see snow on those mountain tops if they get there before it melts! :goodvibes :tink:

WOW...so pretty! DD is leaving early Saturday morning for their annual trip to Colorado for future SIL's birthday; she'll be excited to see snow on those mountain tops if they get there before it melts! :goodvibes :tink:

Well, the Peak is still covered as of this morning! Snow everywhere else is melted :guilty: and we finally have a truly sunny day so some snow on the peak will definitely melt but not all before she gets here. Yesterday was cold, dreary rain but we don't complain about any moisture we get here in Colorado! Safe travels to her and hers!

School days slowing coming to an end for the 2108/2019 school year; final major project for youngest DGD was the 7th grade "Wax Museum". Meet "Mary Lou Retton, a famous ballerina (whose name I forgot to get o_O) and DGD as Nancy Kerrigan...complete with the wrapped knee....

i-B7krfW9-XL.jpg

Love Olympic National Park. Hope to do a camping and hiking trip someday.

ONP is one of my absolute favorites! You can't beat having ocean, mountains, and rainforest all in the same park! We only spent 5 days there but they were special! Hope you get there!

Last edited:
School days slowing coming to an end for the 2108/2019 school year; final major project for youngest DGD was the 7th grade "Wax Museum". Meet "Mary Lou Retton, a famous ballerina (whose name I forgot to get o_O) and DGD as Nancy Kerrigan...complete with the wrapped knee....

i-B7krfW9-XL.jpg

So cute and a great idea for school; wish I had done something like that with my students when I was teaching (back in the Dark Ages :rotfl2:). For Russian history I had my 7th graders dress up as famous people and always ended up with a couple Rasputins and some long, lost Romanovs! Your girls are much better!

So cute and a great idea for school; wish I had done something like that with my students when I was teaching (back in the Dark Ages :rotfl2:). For Russian history I had my 7th graders dress up as famous people and always ended up with a couple Rasputins and some long, lost Romanovs! Your girls are much better!

Our Jr. High has done this for YEARS and the students love it. It's so much fun for them "living" history! There are always some that have special meaning; the year oldest DGD's class presented it there was one young man as "Walt Disney" (insert "happy face" here..."smiles" not coming up yet with this new and improved site). "Shirley Temple" entertained us all this year...she "tapped" quite a show and one young man as a "Roman mathematician " added at the end of his speech..."and let me tell you these Roman SANDALS are the most annoying things I've ever had to wear"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter