** Picture of the Day 3 **

_DSC3815-X3.jpg

My photos of the day are 10 years old...this very night those many years ago I was watching live coverage of Hurricane Ike from Galveston/Houston, Texas. DH had to stay behind as a member of Emergency Management but, at the last minute, we were able to move our flight up (after much "hassle"...we needed 11 SEATS!) 8 hours or we'd have been stuck in Houston for the next 4 days! Youngest DGD's FIRST trip and it was indeed a memorable one...

i-JW8JsDv-S.jpg
i-drW8DrX-S.jpg
i-wR4Xb67-S.jpg
:tink:

My photos of the day are 10 years old...this very night those many years ago I was watching live coverage of Hurricane Ike from Galveston/Houston, Texas. DH had to stay behind as a member of Emergency Management but, at the last minute, we were able to move our flight up (after much "hassle"...we needed 11 SEATS!) 8 hours or we'd have been stuck in Houston for the next 4 days! Youngest DGD's FIRST trip and it was indeed a memorable one...

i-JW8JsDv-S.jpg
i-drW8DrX-S.jpg
i-wR4Xb67-S.jpg

Great glimpse into the past Karolyn! My thoughts and prayers are very much with all the Florence victims.

Great glimpse into the past Karolyn! My thoughts and prayers are very much with all the Florence victims.

ME TOO :grouphug:...rather ironic they're experiencing what Houston/Galveston did exactly 10 years ago with the wind and tidal surge :sad1:. One of my most vivid memories of the trip was flying back into Houston at night and seeing VERY FEW LIGHTS :scared:; 75% of Houston was without power 6 days after the storm passed. Frightening drive home too with many street lights out and the darkness hiding familiar surroundings. Now there's the flooding in the Carolina's like Houston experienced last year with Hurricane Harvey :eek:. We've learned to "not breathe a sigh of relief" over hurricanes until AFTER September. ::yes:: That was truly one of our most memorable trips. :tink:

Today was Cross Country day :goodvibes; youngest DGD's first meet as a Jr. High 7th grader :lovestruc. I have a feeling after struggling to finish the 2 mile course in almost 90 degree heat, she'll decide dancing in an air conditioned studio may be better for her :rolleyes1...

i-dTzzzHS-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!