Photo sharing: Fuji X Series

Mike, I love your photos and follow you on Flickr.

What's the deal with people saying Fuji photos look flat? Those must be non X shooters! :confused3

I for one am happy to see this thread started. Although I shoot Sony NEX I am overall a fan of mirrorless and of what Fuji is doing.

Very nice shots! and ok Harry, I take back what I said about images looking "flat". :)

Mike, I love your photos and follow you on Flickr.

What's the deal with people saying Fuji photos look flat? Those must be non X shooters! :confused3

Thank you, I follow you as well and your photos are awesome :thumbsup2
I don't get why people say they look flat. I think they look great, my post processing time has gone way down, and the jpg's are so good sometimes that is all I use.

Fall Bokeh {Explore} by MikeRicciPhoto, on Flickr

I see you got the 23mm f1.4 how are you liking it? I have the 35mm f1.4 but thinking of picking it up while it is on sale.

Mike, I'm with you on the PP time. I do as little PP as possible. I actually do a lot of raw conversion in camera and export using WIFI.

The 23 is an amazing lens. I've only had it 2 weeks and only shot with it once but it's sharp at 1.4 like the 35. I love the FL and was torn between the 23 or X100s which can be picked up for the same price. I've run into shutter limits @1.4 and the built in ND filter would've been nice. I also like the idea of flash at any speed with the leaf shutter and it's small lens size.

What's your take on the X100x vs XF23?

Mike, I'm with you on the PP time. I do as little PP as possible. I actually do a lot of raw conversion in camera and export using WIFI.

The 23 is an amazing lens. I've only had it 2 weeks and only shot with it once but it's sharp at 1.4 like the 35. I love the FL and was torn between the 23 or X100s which can be picked up for the same price. I've run into shutter limits @1.4 and the built in ND filter would've been nice. I also like the idea of flash at any speed with the leaf shutter and it's small lens size.

What's your take on the X100x vs XF23?

I am having that dilemma right now. I can get the 23mm f1.4 for 699.00 or the x100s for 849.00. I am leaning towards the lens since I can use on different bodies vs the x100s if the body dies so does the lens. However the built in ND filter and compact body with the same image quality is a big draw.

Thanks Fractal!

Hey I have an A7II and Zeiss 35 that I've been playing with. I had the thought that it might be better than the A7 and want to switch back. I was packing the Fuji lenses to sell and just couldn't do it......again(did the same thing when I had the A7 briefly). There is just something about these Fuji's.......the feel, useability, colors.....ferry dust maybe? I shot a couple A7II shots and put them in LR and was trying to get them to look like the Fuji files. LOL

I'll probably post the A7II on FM. The Fuji 23 is better than the Zeiss 35 to me. The lens build and feel is also a lot better. The Zeiss at $899 doesn't feel like a $900 lens.

Thanks Fractal!

Hey I have an A7II and Zeiss 35 that I've been playing with. I had the thought that it might be better than the A7 and want to switch back. I was packing the Fuji lenses to sell and just couldn't do it......again(did the same thing when I had the A7 briefly). There is just something about these Fuji's.......the feel, useability, colors.....ferry dust maybe? I shot a couple A7II shots and put them in LR and was trying to get them to look like the Fuji files. LOL

I'll probably post the A7II on FM. The Fuji 23 is better than the Zeiss 35 to me. The lens build and feel is also a lot better. The Zeiss at $899 doesn't feel like a $900 lens.

I would stick with what suits you (which obviously seems like the Fuji)!

I'm still holding out to see what the next few months bring on the Sony side (A9? A7000?). I don't know if you follow Zach Arias but he loves his Fuji setup.

Also thought you would enjoy this...

Photos that the Fuji X-Pro 1 can't take
http://photosfujiscanttake.tumblr.com/

I would stick with what suits you (which obviously seems like the Fuji)!

I'm still holding out to see what the next few months bring on the Sony side (A9? A7000?). I don't know if you follow Zach Arias but he loves his Fuji setup.

Also thought you would enjoy this...

Photos that the Fuji X-Pro 1 can't take
http://photosfujiscanttake.tumblr.com/

Thanks Fractal for the link! I follow Zach and love his portraits/street work. Did you see that video he did with the format size? It was goofy but mostly true.

Nice shots HPS3. Just ordered the x-e2 with the 18-55 and 55-200. Do you have any comparison photos between the 23 and the 18-55 @ 23mm at widest aperture?

Nice shots HPS3. Just ordered the x-e2 with the 18-55 and 55-200. Do you have any comparison photos between the 23 and the 18-55 @ 23mm at widest aperture?

Thanks and Congrats on the purchase! You're really going to enjoy that setup. The 18-55 is a great lens.....no "kit" lens. I don't have any comparisons of the two. The 23 makes you wanna shoot wide open, it's that sharp at 1.4! Heck, every Fuji lens is sharp wide open. I sold the 18-55 a while ago and have the 18 f2 which I really like. It's sharp, goes to f2 and focuses really close. I also like the compact size of the 18.

The photos of my daughters on the carousel and the Pirates league above are with the 23 at 1.4....TACK SHARP
The photo of the group of ladies on Halloween is the XF 18 @ f4
The photo of my daughter at the parade is the 18-55 wide open @ 27mm
The photo of the hawk is the 55-200 wide open @ 200mm ISO 6400 (look at the detail)

I'm just trying to say that I shoot a lot wide open and the Fuji lenses are all great. The 23 is just razor sharp at 1.4. I think the best Fuji deal has to be the 35 because it's also razor sharp, has great bokeh and can be found used for around $400.

If you haven't used a MILC, make sure to pick up some extra batteries and an extra charger off of Amazon or Ebay. I have 3 extras and can use them on Disney days. Also make sure you go into the menu and turn on the High Performance mode...it make the focusing faster. I also set ISO to the top function button...but that's just me.

If you have any questions just ask away.

-Harry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter