Personal Experiences - DVC Title Name Change Timeframe

Cassandra Rees

DisneyBeauty
I am hoping no one else already asked this. I did do a search on the site, but most threads are about how the Title Change process works and/or how to do it yourself. I am actually wondering about others experiences with adding/changing the title of your DVC contract, and how long the process took. My parents own a direct DVC contract, and we just paid a title company to add my sister and myself to my parents contract 3 business days ago. The title company gave us a 4-6 week window, and then I know Disney has the ROFR which I think is 30 days. So at most, it should not be more than 10 weeks. What is everyone's experience with how long it took for the process to be complete and to be sent your blue cards? I know it will obviously depend on many factors!

I would think that a title change, not a sale would only take 3 or 4 weeks or so. ROFR is a given, the county does there thing and Disney updates the account. Member cards could take awhile but you can download them from the website.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Well, if ROFR is a give-in, then it really shouldn’t take them 30 days. Hopefully that speeds up the process by a few weeks. As far as the blue cards go, I know you can print them out, but do they function the same as the physical card or does it have limitations seeming how it’s only paper?

Here’s most of the email from the company I’m using giving their cya timeline.

Here's how it works: fill out the attached forms and return to us along with a copy of the current recorded deed(s) . You can send by fax or email or snail mail. We will send you an email letting you know we have received it. If you do not have a copy of your recorded deed, we will do a deed search for you. Our fee for this service is $25.00.

• We will submit the waiver request to DVC after we have received your paperwork to begin the transfer of ownership. DVC takes about 30 days to return this waiver which will need to be recorded along with the new deed that we prepare.

• We will prepare the Quit Claim documents necessary to transfer your name to the timeshare. Due to our current workload, please allow up to three to four weeks after we receive all the documents needed to prepare your new paperwork. We will send this to you via email for review along with our invoice.

• Once we receive the executed documents from you, we will send it out to record at the Clerk’s office. Depending on the county, this could take between one week and six weeks.

• When the recorded deed is returned to our office, we will notify you by email with a copy of the recorded deed as well as copies of the cover letter to your resort. We will email DVC a copy of the recorded documents and we will mail you copies of the documents. DVC can take up to 4 weeks to update the ownership changes.
After having my stbx fill out the form I scanned it and sent it (and the digital form of the deed) by email and paid their deposit on June 8.

June 29 I got the email that they have the waiver etc and they have more forms for him to take to a notary and a form for me.

We will then send your deed out to record and will advise you when it has been returned to us by the County Recorder.

Then I’ll wait for Disney.

So that has been the timeframe so far compared to what they said in the beginning.

I am hoping no one else already asked this. I did do a search on the site, but most threads are about how the Title Change process works and/or how to do it yourself. I am actually wondering about others experiences with adding/changing the title of your DVC contract, and how long the process took. My parents own a direct DVC contract, and we just paid a title company to add my sister and myself to my parents contract 3 business days ago. The title company gave us a 4-6 week window, and then I know Disney has the ROFR which I think is 30 days. So at most, it should not be more than 10 weeks. What is everyone's experience with how long it took for the process to be complete and to be sent your blue cards? I know it will obviously depend on many factors!
It depends on how it's done. The shortest would be 3-4 weeks because they'll need the recorded deed to make the change.

I would think that a title change, not a sale would only take 3 or 4 weeks or so. ROFR is a given, the county does there thing and Disney updates the account. Member cards could take awhile but you can download them from the website.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you for taking the time to respond disneynuts! I hope it does only take a month! They would be awesome!

I sent in the "Opening Paperwork" on March 21st. I received the confirmation that the Title Change was done and was being filed with Disney and Orange County, Florida on June 14th.

I did have a delay in there of about 2 weeks or so because I failed to send in a required fee, and it took me a couple of weeks to discover this, when I realized I had not heard from them for a while. I sent it in and everything proceeded without additional difficulty.

Even so, I would think 8 weeks is the approximate minimum amount of time and 12 weeks is quite possible.

I wanted to provide an update for anyone searching for this in the future.

Overall, it took about 7 weeks for the whole thing to go through.

I am very glad we did not do the work ourselves, though we did pay a nice chunk of change to have a company do it for us. All in all, it cost us somewhere around $500.

If I may provide my own update...there was a self-caused delay in the middle, but we first got things going (to change ownership from now-ex to me alone) on June 7 and my points were fully in my account August 9. I went through lttransfers and I paid just over $200.

We signed our paperwork on August 2 (had it notarized etc) and mailed it that day. I was able to create my account yesterday (may have been able to a few days prior, but I never checked). We've not received any paperwork in the mail but it was smooth.
This doesn't include the time frame from submitting the request on the title company's website and getting the papers in the mail [Side note, if you're not good with tech like my dad, ask them to mail it to you. They even put flags for where we had to sign and where to notarize]
I did the title request on July 6 and we got that paperwork back on July 23 (we drug out the notary thing a bit because of schedules)

So if we would have been on top of it, it would have been like 6 weeks for the whole process...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter