People Movers track

old lady

DIS Veteran
Instead of removing it, couldn't they make it overhead track like the way it is on some suspension coaster or how the Peter Pan ride is. Have the the vehicles enclosed traveling like they are flying around a track suspended.

Well, the problem is that the structure (1) doesn't meet codes for ADA access and (2) was badly damaged from Rocket Rods. So, no matter what, the track that's currently there has to go. They could conceivably put something with overhead tracks there in the future, but they'd have to remove the current track anyway. Might as well just get it done now.

Do they currently have plans to remove it? I would love it if there were some sort of direct transportation between DL and DCA. It might be a pain to deal with people who don't have PH tickets but get in line anyway because they don't understand the limits of their tickets.

It would be awesome if they make the People Mover go from DL to DCA and back. Have one go to and from PPH, DLH and the esplanade too.

So like actually into DCA? Only issue I would see is then only people with a hopper could use it and they'd have to check your tickets to ride it. Think like the Hogwarts train at Universal in Orlando. Which would be kind of a bummer if there was a ride in the parks a single park ticket couldn't ride.

To go to DLH or PPH could work, but could only be a drop off unless they set up bag check areas over there. Esplanade could work, though, since it's in the secure zone.

I love the idea of Heimlich, lol!

(and yes, totally over thinking this, lol!)

So like actually into DCA? Only issue I would see is then only people with a hopper could use it and they'd have to check your tickets to ride it. Think like the Hogwarts train at Universal in Orlando. Which would be kind of a bummer if there was a ride in the parks a single park ticket couldn't ride.

To go to DLH or PPH could work, but could only be a drop off unless they set up bag check areas over there. Esplanade could work, though, since it's in the secure zone.

I love the idea of Heimlich, lol!

(and yes, totally over thinking this, lol!)

Hmmm, what to do? How about two lines one for hoppers, one for 1-parks. Tickets get checked (like FPs) and you are directed to the correct line if you're in the wrong one. Maybe color code the vehicles. The hoppers pull into the DCA station and offload. The non-hopper moves to a siding track and proceeds through DCA without stopping at the station.

When I was young you could ride the Monorail 'round trip' from the DLH station for a few bucks even if you didn't have a park ticket. I'm pretty sure it still stopped inside DL at TL, but TBH I don't really remember. If it did, maybe it was a designated 'no disembarking' car in the Monorail train and the doors didn't open. But no matter what they had to have had a way to check to be sure only ticket holders got off the platform.

Last edited:
I'd hate to see the track go away completely because of the artistic element its shape lends to the area and the shade it provides.
If they don't use it for a ride, it would make a great place for some kind of exotic plantings or maybe some futuristic art work involving creative lighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter