Pearl Harbor

Any idea still on how long til it opens back up to walk Arizona memorial? My parents want to try to make the trip from our trip in Maui and I almost wonder if its worth it. I mean maybe if they don’t plan to ever make it back it might be. I thought it would be open by now. It’s been closed what a year at least?
Last I read was fall but that is an estimate.

We are planning on doing the Arizona boat tour, the visitors center stuff, and the tour of the Missouri (not the sub or the Pacific Aviation Museum). Any opinions on whether it would be worth it for us to get the headsets for $7.50 each? Do the headsets work on the Missouri? How about on the boat?

The headsets are separate for the Arizona Memorial to the Missouri. The Arizona and Bowfin are located next to each other. You then catch a bus that exits the area and travels to Ford Island. This is where the Missouri is firstly located. Then another short bus ride away is the Pacific Aviation Museum.

You hand your headset back after your Arizona launch ride returns. To obtain a headset for the Missouri, you go to the shed located at the entry of the battleship.

Does anyone know if the Aulani excursion actually goes to the memorial floating above the Arizona, it doesn't look like?

We've done Pearl Harbor twice now, both times with a car. The advantage is that you go on your schedule and you have the opportunity to go to a restaurant for lunch afterwards, or do whatever else you might want to do in the area.
Another advantage of going on your own is that you can book your own tickets through the national Park service for free. Well, I think there is a four dollar service charge total. You must do this way in advance so I would do this now if I were you. There is really not a reason to do a tour for visiting this site.

Another advantage of going on your own is that you can book your own tickets through the national Park service for free. Well, I think there is a four dollar service charge total. You must do this way in advance so I would do this now if I were you. There is really not a reason to do a tour for visiting this site.
We wont have a car. We will be staying at Aulani 3 nights post cruise. So trying to figure out if we should see it as a tour from our pre cruise hotel in Waikiki or post cruise from Aulani.

We wont have a car. We will be staying at Aulani 3 nights post cruise. So trying to figure out if we should see it as a tour from our pre cruise hotel in Waikiki or post cruise from Aulani.
I'd do it from Waikiki. Its a longer drive/ride from Aulani plus you really don't want to take away from the beautiful time at Aulani.

I agree, taking an Uber from Waikiki would cost less than from Aulani too. You could also hike up Diamond Head more easily from Waikiki, or see Iolani Palace, the only palace in the US. One of our absolute favorites is to go to the swap meet at the Aloha Stadium....locals, cheapest and different souvenirs, fresh fruit, etc., it’s Saturdays and I think Wednesdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter