Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum? Legends of Pearl Harbor Tour?

JCMCM

Mouseketeer
Anyone have experience visiting the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum? Love it, hate it or meh? My hubby’s a private pilot and overall aviation nerd so I know this will be a must for us.

Anyone done the one hour Legends of Pearl Harbor tour they offer? The up charge for the tour is minimal (~$10 per person) so I’m mainly wondering what to expect from the tour and if it’s “worth it” to have to be there at a certain time. Thanks!!

We toured the museum last week after our Pearl Harbor Memorial visit.

Although we thought the USS Missouri was the real star of the extended ticket, we thought the museum was certainly worthwhile.

We have visited a number of other aviation museums and thought this one was well done. It features more modern planes as well as those from the WW2 era. We also enjoyed the opportunity to see a bit more of Ford Island.

We did not do the tour you mention but only because we didn’t know about it. I felt like there was a lot more to see or learn, particularly in the hanger area. The tour might be a good way to do that.

In any event, we completely filled our day with the sites and will likely return on future visit.

My son is an aviation fan so we spent almost 1.5hrs looking at the Aviation Museum (Missouri we spent nearly 3hrs and we aren’t even boat people but it was huge and amazing!).

Thanks @The Running Ann and @kyton! Glad to hear such positive reports about the aviation museum!

I’m not at all surprised that y’all had a great time on the Missouri. We’ve toured the USS North Carolina - which I think is an older, smaller cousin of the Mighty Mo - and it was excellent. I was on the fence about doing the Missiouri but it’s sounding more and more like a “can’t miss!”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter