PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Hey, I used to get text messages from Shoppers. I totally forgot about that. I checked and the last time they sent me anything was Dec 21.

I just tried sending OFFERS to them again only to be told I'm already in the future promotional text msgs from Shoppers. Yet, they haven't been sending me anything anymore.

Yes, isn't that great! I save my coke offer till they have an added bonus, works every time.
Woah! I didn't know that! I will start doing that now! I love that my offers are basically fruits, veggies, and cat food/litter. :thumbsup2

So I received an email from Loblaws, flash sale, buy PC coffee, 30 pods @ $14.99 get 7000 points. That is a great deal so over I go and pick up 3 boxes. Cash out and not only did I get 21000 points but an extra 4000 points for an offer I didn't even know I had. Spend $40 get 4000. That is 25000 points on a $44.97 purchase. More than a 50% return!
I love playing this game.

Not sure if this was mentioned but you can also TEXT 736898 to get exclusive offer at Shoppers, valid each Tuesday. These are stackable with personal offers also. I have unlimited texting so no extra charges.

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/pcoptimum/in-store-offers/mobile-text-10k-aug31

Today's Shoppers offer is 8,000 points for $30.
I get the text offers as well, but i've never had luck with them. I went today and spent my $30 and did not get my 8,000 points. I have a missing point email in right now, but it's getting frustrating.

Quick question..can you use Optimum points to purchase Gift Cards?
Short Answer - No

Long answer...yes. It's kind of like moving the money around like this. You can make one purchase...have items in your purchase that total the same amount as the gift card ( this is the trick ) and add the gift card at the end of the line. Say that you would like to use ' X" amount of points today. If you don't have enough items to purchase that total amount of the gift card you are purchasing you will have to do 2 transactions. One transaction is your items - use your points for that purchase. Your second transaction, will be the gift card. It's just like moving the money around that you save. Essentially your not wanting your " free " items/groceries, and taking that savings from your free items/groceries, and using that money you saved to pay for the gift card. It's like transfering money from different bank accounts - only this one account is the money you saved on " free items/groceries " and using it in a different place :flower1: I hope this makes sense.

I don't want /need the free groceries. I budget for those...I can't get away from that...for some reason we have to feed the growing boy children :scratchin So the money I will be saving in groceries - I'll take out of my account and essentially just put it onto my credit card after our trip to Mexico to offset some of excursions or exchange it and use it for tipping or extra meals or for anything when we are offsite away from our hotel grounds. :beach:

I get the text offers as well, but i've never had luck with them. I went today and spent my $30 and did not get my 8,000 points. I have a missing point email in right now, but it's getting frustrating.

I had the same issue yesterday, but just got an email advising that my account has already been updated with the 8,000 points.

In case anyone misses it (I almost did) this weeks 20X is on Sunday and Monday, not the usual Saturday Sunday. I would have been so annoyed if I had gone Saturday morning as is my norm.

I know! I've learned over the last few 20x events to go to the store by 8am if I am buying a number of groceries. I find I can shop at my own pace and be able to pay attention to the cashier when she is ringing everything in. I'm actually really surprised at the prices at Shoppers when they have sales!

I agree. There are some things that the prices are alot higher than at No Frills or Superstore. But when they are on sale, they are a good price - comparable to their sister stores. An example would be dove body/shower wash. It is regularly around 7.95 here. But the other weekend, it was on sale for 3.98. And it was a 20x the bonus weekend...so I picked up a couple of bottles to hopefully last until it goes on sale there again.
Sometimes I won't pay that much extra for an item that I know is quite a bit cheaper at their sister store. And sometimes their sale price is a great price.
I'm actually really surprised at the prices at Shoppers when they have sales!

In case anyone misses it (I almost did) this weeks 20X is on Sunday and Monday, not the usual Saturday Sunday. I would have been so annoyed if I had gone Saturday morning as is my norm.

Thanks for that tip!!! I know that I would be one of those that read it wrong :o I also wanted to point out that buying a 50.00 Gc to Le Vie en Rose will get you 10,000 points. So if your needing a new bathing suit or underware...this might be something to look at.

Here is the link for this weeks flyer

https://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/flyer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter