PBH to Islands of Adventure

robl45

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could let me know what the walk is like from Islands of Adventure to PBH? I notice when we are going that IOA closes an hour later than Universal Studios so we will likely finish there. If the walk is too long, how long is the boat ride and are their huge waits like Disney at park closing?

It will take about 20-25 minutes to walk from IOA to PBH. It is a very pretty walk.

Boat ride is about 5 minutes and it is a 3-4 minute walk from IOA to the boat launch. Boats aren't too bad at closing .

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could let me know what the walk is like from Islands of Adventure to PBH? I notice when we are going that IOA closes an hour later than Universal Studios so we will likely finish there. If the walk is too long, how long is the boat ride and are their huge waits like Disney at park closing?

We’ve had to wait one time for a second boat- and that was because a large group of wheelchair users were in front of us and required a little more room. The next boat was there in under 5 minutes. Our experience at closing is that the boats are pretty lined up. During the day you can have a 10-15 minute wait for a boat to come, but that’s been worse case scenario.

The walk to PBH isn’t bad. Its about 25. Minutes for us at the end of the day, mainly because were dragging by then. I will say after dark I was a little uncomfortable walking once. It’s a shaded path, very nice, but it wasn’t very crowded when I was on it and it was dark...just throwing that out there.

I compare the buses at Disney closing to grocery check outs when it’s both the night before Thanksgiving and a blizzard/hurricane is coming. Universal boats are a gentle pleasure cruise in comparison.

Beach/Yacht club to hollywood studios shorter or longer? i've done that hike a few times and it takes me 15 minutes at a good clip. If this is longer, I won't be walking most likely especially with the kids. The boats don't seem bad though. Kind of wish I we were staying at the royal pacific, but the pool is nicer here and they have the best rate. Gonna be a hike to go to the cabana bay pool though.

Beach/Yacht club to hollywood studios shorter or longer? i've done that hike a few times and it takes me 15 minutes at a good clip. If this is longer, I won't be walking most likely especially with the kids. The boats don't seem bad though. Kind of wish I we were staying at the royal pacific, but the pool is nicer here and they have the best rate. Gonna be a hike to go to the cabana bay pool though.

It’s hard to remember but that seems comparable (of course I was younger than and everything seemed shorter). The boats really are SUPER easy. On the plus side in the mornings the security is done at the hotel boat dock with no crowd and then you walk right into CE/parks. If you walk over there will usually be a little bit more of a crowd for the security.

For the CB pool you can take a boat to CItywalk and then switch to the CB bus (all included). You can also check with bell hop stand and there are courtesy town cars that will run you to the other resorts (we tip the driver but no other cost).

It took us (my husband and I and 3 kids) about 15-20 minutes to walk and that was a leisurely walk. We took our time. It was nice walking there because they have a security gate right on the path so it saved time for that. We did not have to wait for a boat for more than about 10-15 minutes and that was when we just missed the previous boat.

Thanks for all the info. We will probably do the boat unless there is a long wait as it seems the boat will typically be quicker than walking.

How much do you tip resort to resort?

Will they take me back from cb to pbh ?

Still curious about this though as we will likely spend at least part of a day at the cabana bay pool. How much do you tip the cars and will they take me both ways from each hotel?

I have only used them from
Rpr to PBH and tipped $5 and went solo

Not sure if the cars are at the value hotels waiting for guests

I’m sure they could be called by the hotel staff if you need to set up a hotel to another onsite hotel ride

Still curious about this though as we will likely spend at least part of a day at the cabana bay pool. How much do you tip the cars and will they take me both ways from each hotel?

There is also a free dining shuttle that runs to all resorts in a loop from 6 PM to 10 PM if you are at CB that late in the day. You could also take the boat to Citiwalk and catch a bus to CB.

When we stayed at PBH we never walked to the parks, although we always did from RPR and HRH. The boats from PBH were always prompt. (As were the buses to/from CBBR and Citiwalk)

Georgina is correct

I have gone to the deluxe hotels by the cars but not the value hotels

I did read about the free dining shuttle bus service that covers transportation to all the hotels during a specific time period on the uo website

I have not used it and have not read any comments of those that have used it

Curious to know if any of the readers here have used it

I have only used them from
Rpr to PBH and tipped $5 and went solo

Not sure if the cars are at the value hotels waiting for guests

I’m sure they could be called by the hotel staff if you need to set up a hotel to another onsite hotel ride

We tip $5 too and that’s for a small family. I did use one at CB back to PB once but they were also just dropping someone off so I don’t know if I just lucked into a car being available.

The dining shuttle sounds cool too, although I don’t think I’ve seen it heavily advertised and didn’t even know about it until you posted. Is it somewhat new or just a best kept secret?

It’s not new as I used the cars a couple of years ago when it rained and needed to hotel hop due to a dining reservation

Odc/ on demand cars have been at rpr for many years
And at the deluxe hotels

If one was not there when a guest needed them, staff would call them to return to rpr

Thought I had the info in the hotel stickies

The dining shuttle has been around for at least a few years. We used it once to get from PBH to RPR when it was pouring rain and the boats weren't running. (They were also running larger shuttle buses to Citiwalk, but the dining one was a smaller van). It is mentioned in the Cabana Bay dining and activities guide. I think there may be only 1 van that goes circulates, so it's not a super fast way to get around.

It’s not new as I used the cars a couple of years ago when it rained and needed to hotel hop due to a dining reservation

Odc/ on demand cars have been at rpr for many years
And at the deluxe hotels

If one was not there when a guest needed them, staff would call them to return to rpr

Thought I had the info in the hotel stickies

Oh yeah we’ve been using the courtesy cars at RPH and PB for at least 6 years, but I didn’t know they had a separate dining shuttle. I was picturing something a little more substantial than a small van so I’m sure that’s why I’ve misses it.

Thanks for all the info. We will probably do the boat unless there is a long wait as it seems the boat will typically be quicker than walking.

So the thing about walking vs the boat is that you want to make your decision before you can really see the lines.

Parks are on one side of the water. Boats are opposite, kind of between the parks.

To go from IOA to PBH walking, you would stay on the parks side of the water and head left.

To go from IOA to the boats you go out and cross the bridge and walk on the citywalk side to the boats.

If you see the line and don’t like it, you would continue on and cross the bridge in from my if Studios the turn right and continue on the path. You can do that, but you’ve made your walk longer.

I personally like walking. I prefer motion to standing, and at the end of a long day sitting down is nice but getting back up is a bother lol.

Weve “raced” in the mornings when the now-ex and my son wanted the boat and I didn’t, and while I’ve never beaten the boat (and them crossing the bridge) from PBH, IMO I’ve had a nicer experience getting to the parks. :) And by raced I mean I walk at my normal brisk pace. Maybe if I truly raced I’d beat them. But then I would be gross lol.

And we’ve never “raced” on the way back.

It’s hard to remember but that seems comparable (of course I was younger than and everything seemed shorter). The boats really are SUPER easy. On the plus side in the mornings the security is done at the hotel boat dock with no crowd and then you walk right into CE/parks. If you walk over there will usually be a little bit more of a crowd for the security.

For the CB pool you can take a boat to CItywalk and then switch to the CB bus (all included). You can also check with bell hop stand and there are courtesy town cars that will run you to the other resorts (we tip the driver but no other cost).

almost the exact same length of walk. I just did both this last february. The walk at Universal is nicer though.

EDIT: sorry, quoted the wrong post, meant to quote the post asking if it is the same lenght of walk as from beach club to hollywood studios.

Here now. Did walk last night. 10 min tops to universal. Maybe 15 minutes at most to ioa. That's at a reasonable pace not speed walking like Hollywood studios to beach club. I'd say the latter is easily 5 minutes longer. It's a walk I debate doing while the universal walk is always going to be quicker unless you literally walk onto the boat at the stop which never happened for us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter