partial vacation dining plan

go cowboys

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
We just found out yesterday, due to pending weather concerns, that my daughter and wife are needing to leave our vacation early to compete in a rescheduled pom competition. Our reservations are for six people Dec 30-Jan 6 and include the dining plan. If they check out and leave the 4th, are we still obligated to pay their dining plan for the night of the 5th since some of us will be staying the extra day?

Wow! That is so sad about the competition! Oklahoma weather is not dependable, but it looks like according to the radar that it's staying north...what part of Oklahoma\school are you in? Maybe they can still have it?

Wow! That is so sad about the competition! Oklahoma weather is not dependable, but it looks like according to the radar that it's staying north...what part of Oklahoma\school are you in? Maybe they can still have it?
Yeah. It’s bad enough that this organization would change it three days before, but its ridiculous that they moved it to a time during Christmas vacation when families are traveling. Now some schools are dropping out and my daughter is likely not going to be allowed to compete because she can’t be here until the day before (which will cost us $700 in flights!) Their coach is requiring her to be here at least fours days prior and we just can’t reschedule our trip.
It’s all so stupid.

Coach is requiring her to be there 4 days before? Is this competitive or school? That is unfair during Christmas. I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, I only have expierence in competitive baseball and this would never happen.

Well, the coach pulled her off the team because I was not willing to change our trip and get her back that many days prior to competition. They have been practicing for four months and I didn't agree that coming back that early was absolutely necessary. Plus she is a competitive dancer and picks up and changes without much problem. My wife and I are going with our kids, my sister and her family, my brother and his family and my father. Its a pretty big trip for us and the first trip back since my mom died almost two years ago. Disney was where they took us for their 50th anniversary, so this is a sentimental trip too. Mom loved enjoying the nine grandkids at Disney!

And that weather that was predicted for today that prompted the schedule change. went from possibly 8 inches of snow to possibly a dusting. Anyone that has lived in OK more than 20 minutes knows not to make plans or change plans a week in advance.

And its a team made up of the "best" from the high school pom squad, but the competition is not a school competition. She is one of the few freshmen to ever make the team and has put a lot of effort into the practice, so my heart breaks for her. The coaches decision has really disappointed me. I was willing to pay $770 for her to fly home for competition and back to WDW the same day and make it work for both events. Unfortunately, coach has no allegiance to the girls and my daughter and her friends see that now.

Thanks for all the help and support.

Well, the coach pulled her off the team because I was not willing to change our trip and get her back that many days prior to competition. They have been practicing for four months and I didn't agree that coming back that early was absolutely necessary. Plus she is a competitive dancer and picks up and changes without much problem. My wife and I are going with our kids, my sister and her family, my brother and his family and my father. Its a pretty big trip for us and the first trip back since my mom died almost two years ago. Disney was where they took us for their 50th anniversary, so this is a sentimental trip too. Mom loved enjoying the nine grandkids at Disney!

And that weather that was predicted for today that prompted the schedule change. went from possibly 8 inches of snow to possibly a dusting. Anyone that has lived in OK more than 20 minutes knows not to make plans or change plans a week in advance.

And its a team made up of the "best" from the high school pom squad, but the competition is not a school competition. She is one of the few freshmen to ever make the team and has put a lot of effort into the practice, so my heart breaks for her. The coaches decision has really disappointed me. I was willing to pay $770 for her to fly home for competition and back to WDW the same day and make it work for both events. Unfortunately, coach has no allegiance to the girls and my daughter and her friends see that now.

Thanks for all the help and support.

Well that is nonsense! I am a firm believer in keeping commitments to a team, however this is ridiculous by any stretch of the imagination. I generally am not a complainer, however I would be sure to express my displeasure to the administration.

We are firm believers to keeping commitments to a team also, which is why I was willing to pay for her return flight to compete. My daughter has cried for two days...no call to check on her from the coach. She would not even tell her that she was off the team. She said my wife should do it...:sad2:

We are firm believers to keeping commitments to a team also, which is why I was willing to pay for her return flight to compete. My daughter has cried for two days...no call to check on her from the coach. She would not even tell her that she was off the team. She said my wife should do it...:sad2:

I could see that you have instilled that sense of responsibility in your daughter. I think this is a terrible way for that coach to behave, and myheart hurts for your daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter