• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Parking at VB Cottages

McMouse Family

Earning My Ears
This summer, we were fortunate to be able to obtain a beach cottage at Vero Beach during the week of the Fourth of July. However, never having stayed at the cottages before, we're unsure of what to expect. Has anyone stayed at one of these recently? What is their condition after the hurricanes? Where do families park their vehicles?

Any info is appreciated as we've always had a two-bedroom unit in the past.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Plus relatives (this time!)
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

You park in the regular parking for the resort - there's no parking actually right there at the Beach Cottages. (I think that's what you are asking). There is parking underneath the hotel and then outside as well, as you know. You have a bit of a walk to get to your cottage, but then anyone staying at the resort will have about the same walk. I was down there in March, and they all appeared occupied (I was in the inn) and no damage was seen. They are wonderful to stay in - I just wish there was at least a half-bath upstairs where the kitchen/dining/living room is. That's my only complaint, if you can call it that! Enjoy!

The cottages are now real oceanfront property. Before they had all of the vegatation in front of them and you come not see the ocean from the lower deck. You now have clear unobstructive view of the ocean. IMHO, if the do not put up anymore sawgrass, etc, they will not last another storm like last years. The berm and the sawgrass saved them last year.

They made a giant berm of sand in front of the cottages, but did not block the view. They look great! I do not know where the turtles will lay their eggs this summer. Hurricanes have been going on since the beginning of time and the turtles still came. Kids were playing and surfing down the sand berm with their boogy boards. No one stopped them.

Thank you for the follow-up. My brother-in-law had knee replacement surgery last month so I was wondering how far the parking was from the cottage. Sounds like we had better plan on carrying his luggage!

Glad to also hear that the cottages sound intact . . . for now anyway!

McMouse Family

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter