Parking at Port of New York

Monorail Bob's dd

DIS Veteran
Hello! I will be sailing on the October 13th Magic out of NYC and I am wondering about parking at the port. Is there a concern with the lot filling up? I can potentially have a family member drop us off instead but it would be more convenient to drive and park, just nervous about the lot being full. What has your experience been?

It's a Saturday so the chances of other ships in port are greater....I would try to get there about 9:00-9:30 ish….hopefully people leaving from previous cruises would open up spots. Just know that it is $40 per day to park at cruise terminal (the lot is on the roof).

I think running out of space in the lot happens when there are several ships in port on the same day. There is another off site lot that shuttles you to the port and is much less expensive but I forget the name. A Google search should bring it up.

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/

I just looked and there are 2 other ships in Port that day but they are listed on the schedule as just ports of call so no guests parking. The only other big ship that docks in Manhattan this time of year is the Norwegian Escape so I think you should be fine with parking.

We were supposed to be on that sailing but cancelled....our good friends are still sailing that day. Have a great cruise.

I just found this parking....

https://parkwayparking.com/location/Manhattan-cruise-parking?msclkid=0407e664044e183eb671bdc78c1a3a1f&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Cruise - Manhattan&utm_term=parking near manhattan cruise terminal&utm_content=Cruise Terminal

And this the one I was thinking of:

https://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml

MJ

Last edited:
IF you have to go to an off-site lot (there are a couple nearby), do yourself a favor and take a picture of it, the address if it is visible, and the cross-streets. The parking lots in NYC all look alike and there are stories every year of tourists (or marathon runners) who "lose" their cars because they cannot remember which of the bunches of "Their signs are yellow and black" lots they put their car in.

@mmouse37, thanks for posting the schedule. We are on the 10/29 sailing, which is Monday. The schedule shows three other ships leaving from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal on 10/27 so we might just use the offsite garage you linked. We used car service last year, and we would have been home faster had we driven ourselves than it took for the driver to come get us.

Thank you. My goal will be to get there by around 10am. Worst case scenario, if the lot is full, are there options nearby that are relatively easy to get?

We have sailed out of NYC twice on DCL both times we parked at port. Both times we got a spot, but it seemed to be filling up quickly.

Yes, it’s $40 per night which we paid last year for our 4 night cruise. We are seriously considering using UBer for the first time with our upcoming 5 night to Bermuda. We are traveling from Monmouth County, NJ.

And as MJ mentioned there are lots very close to the Pier that you also can use.

It least we do not have to fly! Good luck.

4th car in the whole lot or 4th car on the top parking deck?

The port itself only has one lot (on each of the terminals) which is located on the roof the terminal.

port of ny parking pic.jpg

In this pic you can see the terminals with the parking lots on the roof....these are the only parking lots at the port of NY that are onsite.

MJ

I wanted to add this as a heads up for those who are considering driving to the port (which we normally do). We have sailed 4 closed loop DCL cruises from NY. After the first two ended, we were docked at the same teminal from which we left. Easy access to our car.

Cruise #3 we docked at the other Manhattan terminal and had to walk with our luggage to the other lot (we were not alone in doing this). For our 4th cruise we hired car service for drop off and pick up. It wasn’t the greatest service , but we used them again to pick us up after the WBTA last year.

Since the 10/29 cruise leaves on Monday after 3 other ships have already departed on Saturday, the offsite lot might be the better option for us, especially since we will be heading north on the HHP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!